The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Post All Your Rumors, Crazy Ideas, And Speculation Here
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Trevor Hamilton » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 am

The Epcot Vice President already revealed that guardians would be a roller coaster, not a dark ride. Maybe Guardians IS a B&M Invert, but there's actually some evidence pointing towards a Vekoma launched flying coaster, which I would prefer honestly. I never thought I'd say I prefer a Vekoma to a B&M.
1. Griffon 2. Fury 325 3. 1305 4. Maverick 5. El Toro

Griffon is amazing fight me

Star Wars is gay.

Re: The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 pm

^I've been keeping an eye on F.L.Y. at Phantasialand partially because of that. The whole Rookburgh concept as it is is intriguing (especially if F.L.Y. ends up similar to Taron in how it interacts with the surrounding area), but I'm even more curious to see what else could be possible with the coaster concept if Disney's actually looking to use it for Guardians.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 pm

My one thought is that Disney seems to favor lower height requirements. Their max requirement at a US park is 48" for the looping coasters unless I'm forgetting/missing a ride. The flyers I've seen seem to start at 54". Not saying Disney would avoid adding a flyer based on the height requirement, but just adding that into discussion.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:44 pm

^Space Mountain in Paris used to have a 52" requirement, if I remember correctly. If Disney's legitimately looking into the launched flyer, I'm sure they'd be able to work out something with Vekoma to knock a couple inches off the minimum requirements to bring it into that 50-52" range.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:32 am

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:^Space Mountain in Paris used to have a 52" requirement, if I remember correctly. If Disney's legitimately looking into the launched flyer, I'm sure they'd be able to work out something with Vekoma to knock a couple inches off the minimum requirements to bring it into that 50-52" range.

Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril has a 55 in (140 cm) height requirement, but Paris has always been somewhat out of odds with the rest of the chain (incidentally Raging Spirits is only 117 cm).
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 am

^I remember it had that requirement when it went backward, but I didn't know if it was lowered similar to Raging Spirits when the trains were turned back around.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:44 am

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:^I remember it had that requirement when it went backward, but I didn't know if it was lowered similar to Raging Spirits when the trains were turned back around.

It's still 140 cm

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/attractions/disneyland-park/indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-peril/
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:21 am

A launched flyer would really be something, but that would be a huge leap for Disney in terms of thrills. Keep in mind that Rock n Roller Coaster is Disney Florida's most intense coaster, and even this is nowhere near the intensity of most flying coasters.

That being said, I would like to see Disney start adding more intense rides. Coasters are the one thing that Disney parks do not excel at. I understand that Disney is out there for a family market, but there are plenty of non-Disney parks out there with great theming that can also integrate intense coasters. (Phantasialand does the best job at this).

I would love to see this happen, but I really have my doubts.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby clippers6 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:26 am

Not ready to buy this yet, but I won’t rule it out either. Disney might be looking for something a little more thrilling than the Slinky Dog coaster to counter whatever Universal is planning for the Dragons Challenge replacement.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:37 am

Disney doesn't have too many coasters that exclude their core audience though... Even their most thrilling attractions carry fairly reasonable height restrictions that make them accessible to early tweens/teens at the oldest end of the spectrum of guests that may not meet the minimum height required. The updating of Epcot has been touted repeatedly in each announcement as being "more timeless, more Disney, more thrilling and more family." I read that to be an indication that whatever this coaster will be, it will still be accessible for the most of the family, given how popular the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise is for families.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!