Favorite type of B&M Coaster?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Favorite Bolliger and Mabillard coaster?

Stand Up
4%
Inverted
35%
Sitting
6%
Dive machine
8%
Hyper
23%
Floorless
11%
Flying
13%

Total votes : 261

I Smell Funny

Postby Golfie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:59 pm

Hyper - the seats hug me. :lover:

Close in second is inverted, but I feel like I could sit in a hyper longer than I could in a hyper.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:04 pm

Golfie wrote: but I feel like I could sit in a hyper longer than I could in a hyper.

Um.........that makes no sense.

Anyway, I haven't been on a B&M sit-down (like Kumba), hyper, nor Dive Machine. My favorite B&M is Tatsu, but my overall favorite category would be inverted.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby coaster_dad » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:21 am

Favorite B & M's...can't go wrong with any of 'em. I have yet to try a Dive machine. Goliath @ SFOG is my #1 steel coaster, so I'll vote hyper. Some other favorite B & M's are:

Superman: Krypton Coaster
Dueling Dragons
Hulk
Georgia Scorcher
Great Bear

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby palavos3 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:37 am

My favorite would definetely be hyper ( Nitro is my favorite B&M) followed by dive machine. Definetely not inverts, they suck, and I hope B&M makes no more of those.

Thank you!!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fry » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:38 am

It's between Sit Downs and Dive Machines for me. However, I'd have to say that Sit Downs are my favourites.

I mean, Sheikra and Oblivion are brilliant, but, Hulk and Dragon Khan are a better pair.

I wasn't a big fan of Kumba, it was a bit of a let-down, but the other two are truely fantastic.

I've never liked Inverts that much, the forces seem odd on them, and the views are awful, Floorlesses are slightly dull. Flyers are a cool concept, but not my favourite. I've never been on a B&M Stand-up or Hyper, but neither look like they'd blow me away.

So, Sit Downs for me!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby raptorcrew2002 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:36 pm

Fry wrote:I wasn't a big fan of Kumba, it was a bit of a let-down

Kumba seat 8-4 awesome whip on the zero-g. Thats fun!

#1. I have to stick with Inverted, I know B&M have since developing the inverted wanted a more unrestricted and better feeling of flight but, I just have not found that in there other models "aka floorless, flyer"

Least Fav's.

#1. Stand-ups, I never got it? Stand in line for an hour to stand on a ride? The track layouts are cool if they had another train type on it.

#2. Hypers are fun, just need to be more intense and dramatic. (not a hyper fan) ohhh look a hill, hill, hill, hill, turn "weee" hill ZZZzz Zzzz ZZZzz...... With that said B&M Hypers are better then most the others in the US for over all ride quality, but I do have to say Intamin has beaten them for more fun.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Fry » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:17 pm

^ The Zero G was the biggest let down for me :lolr:

I mean, it was fun, but Khan's Zero G is the most intense inversion I've ever done, and Kumba's just wasn't as good, but I was expecting it to be. Shame really...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:06 pm

I actually like the stand ups. I love their hypers, and B:TR is awsome, but I love the experience of the stand ups. Chang which is my favorite coaster, and I love everything about it. Iron Wolf is also good, and while rough, I find it better than that piece of crap at the front of the park.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:06 pm

I think their sit downs are the best. Hyper or otherwise. Next would be the Dive Machines
Order your copy of What's in a Brain? Now!
Chris Hill says,"I do not condone smoking pot, but this DVD rocks when your stoned!"
SEXY IS BACK!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby willski » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:23 pm

Well, I rank them like this:

1. Speedcoaster (Goliath followed closely by AC)

2. Sitdown (Hulk sucks, but Kumba is amazingly intense and old school)

3. Invert (This would beat sitdown by a ton if not for my recent visit to BGT and the awesomeness that is Kumba-I rank them: Montu (trimless), DD (together), Raptor, TG (Carowinds), Nemesis (but I rode it only once in 2001), Alpie, B:TR)

4. Floorless (only Kraken)

5. Dive Machine (SheiKra with Oblivion pretty close because I don't particularly like either)

6. Standup (Scorcher, then Vortex (Carowinds), then Mantis)

7. Flying (S:UF-meh)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!