TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

B&M - GateKeeper at Cedar Point

I'm sorry, but I just didn't find it to be a good ride... at all. Major disappointment. From the ops pushing down the restraint with all their weight, to the insanely unnecessary rattle, to no forces at all, it was just a dumb experience to me. Not impressed, Cedar Point. That being said, however, I'd be ok with giving it another try in a different row.

Intamin - Green Lantern: First Flight at Six Flags Magic Mountain

If you are a male and rode this coaster, you need no explanation.

GCI - American Thunder at Six Flags St. Louis

While it is my least favorite GCI of the three I've ridden, still isn't a bad ride at all. Big fan of it.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intamin: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure

-Because I rode this as a GP I got pretty terrified and nearly hit my head at the bottom of one of the hills.

I'm trying to imagine how this is even possible.

Spoiler alert: I was a GP back then. I underestimated the power of the bull, and considering I had only ridden three wooden coasters back then (all of which were at Canada's Wonderland), I just simply assumed it was just a basic coaster. Probably my biggest mistake ever . Fortunately, I have now ridden several other intense coasters such as Intimidator 305, Kumba, and Skyrush, all of which are in my top 3, and now I feel ready to ride it again. It's all just a matter of time before I head back.

Worst B&M for me is probably Nemesis Inferno. While it's pretty smooth I'm not really a fan of inverted coasters in general and this one is pretty forceless as well..

Intamin builds some good rides as we all know, but Indiana Jones et le temple of something @ DLP is shit. Also all GCIs I've been on have been amazing but the worst out of them might be Joris en de Draak at Efteling because of it's height.

Also all GCIs I've been on have been amazing but the worst out of them might be Joris en de Draak at Efteling because of it's height.

That's interesting, because I absolutely love Joris en de Draak. And it is even better because it duels. May I ask you what other GCI's you have ridden?

• 5 weeks later...

These aren't necessarily the WORST by these manufacturers, these are merely my least favorites.

B&M- Stand-Up Coasters. I like these ride layouts, problem is I can't STAND these rides because I'm a male and my male parts are down by the bicycle seat. I've only been on Green Lantern @ SFGADV and Apocalypse @ SFA, so maybe the other ones aren't that bad.

Intamin- I'm not really sure. Maybe Alpine Bobsled? La Vibora isn't too bad because its got inline seating and the lap bar wasn't pulled too far down when I went on it.

GCI- Wildcat @ Hersheypark. Roar @ SFA is an honorable mention, but I found this to be a rough ride. Obviously it's a wooden coaster, so it's supposed to be rough to some extent. There's tolerable rough to me, like Viper @ SFGAM, but then there's intolerable rough, kind of like Wildcat.

B&M- Apocalypse at SFA. I am not a fan of stand ups at all, but this one takes the cake as the worst for me. In fact, I prefer the now-defunct Shockwave Togo at KD to this.

Intamin- There hasn't been an Intamin I've hated, but Skull Mountain has to be my least favorite. This is probably more due to the cheesy theming than the actually ride (though I know it has quite a following . . . .)

GCI- Wildcat at Hershey. I have only ridden it once, but that was enough. I found it to be pretty terrible.

Intamin- There hasn't been an Intamin I've hated, but Skull Mountain has to be my least favorite. This is probably more due to the cheesy theming than the actually ride (though I know it has quite a following . . . .)

You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of this blasphemy let alone having the nerve to type out these words!

Worst B&M: Either Apocalypse at SFA or Vortex at Carowinds. Both are equally terrible Stand-Up coasters, and they should either be converted to Floorlesses or just scrapped, in my opinion.

Worst Intamin: I honestly cannot think of an Intamin I do not like. I can think of some that are rather boring or "mediocre," but that doesn't necessarily classify them as bad rides. I guess I would say Superman at SFMM, only because it is overrated and "average." And before you ask, yes, I really like Green Lantern (at SFMM).

Worst GCI: Wildcat at Hersheypark, by far. No question.

EDIT: I just realized I posted this two pages ago, with the same coasters! I guess that solidifies my opinions!