Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:43 pm

^, ^^, ^^^

Oh wow, I thought it was longer from Detroit. But The Indy ideal with Holiday world is surely a great one. If we do the bro trip, we'll most surely only will do parks and coasters. We made a big USA trip last year with NASCAR, IMS and Eldora. So as much as I like racing, my friend doesn't, so.. Let's ride coasters =)
So Holiday World, Cedar Point and Kings Island sounds like a completely well designed scenario for a seven to ten day trip.

Thanks for all your input, mates. I appreciate it. It's nice to get a view from inside! :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Silver Star|Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Red Force|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:59 am

^ Might as well throw Kentucky Kingdom into that mix too since you'll pass through Louisville on your way to Kings Island from Holiday World. If you forgo the waterpark at HW, you could do KK and HW on the same day.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:39 am

ZeroGravity55 wrote:If you forgo the waterpark at HW, you could do KK and HW on the same day.

Holiday World has two of the best water rides anywhere (Mammoth and Wildebeest) even if you are not a water park person you should at least ride those two. It's worth it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:16 am

Ok....
Time for this week's "where in the park is this" picture.
20181027_194100.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CoasterInk » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:28 am

I'm going to have to go with that pizzeria restaurant that is on your right when you just come off of the bridge from Frontier Trail?

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:34 am

thrillrider wrote:Ok....

Glassblowing Theater.

If you do HW->KI->CP, I recommend the following:

Fly in or out of Louisville or Evansville rather than Indianapolis. They're both actually significantly closer airports to HW. You'd be connecting in the US obviously, but you have to do that for Indy too. If you fly into Evansville (same goes for Louisville but at least it is all fresh road to drive on vs. going back and forth between HW and KK), then HW, Kentucky Kingdom, KI (and maybe try to time for Strickers Grove while you're at it), Columbus Zoo (small wood coaster but also a *phenomenal* zoo, like stuff that's literally Disney quality for enclosures plus the rides), and then Cedar Point. Then fly out of Cleveland or Detroit.

Postby thrillrider » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:41 am

DirkFunk wrote:
thrillrider wrote:Ok....

Glassblowing Theater.

If you do HW->KI->CP, I recommend the following:

Fly in or out of Louisville or Evansville rather than Indianapolis. They're both actually significantly closer airports to HW. You'd be connecting in the US obviously, but you have to do that for Indy too. If you fly into Evansville (same goes for Louisville but at least it is all fresh road to drive on vs. going back and forth between HW and KK), then HW, Kentucky Kingdom, KI (and maybe try to time for Strickers Grove while you're at it), Columbus Zoo (small wood coaster but also a *phenomenal* zoo, like stuff that's literally Disney quality for enclosures plus the rides), and then Cedar Point. Then fly out of Cleveland or Detroit.

Yep!
20181027_194049.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:46 am

Pedrinho wrote:^, ^^, ^^^

Oh wow, I thought it was longer from Detroit. But The Indy ideal with Holiday world is surely a great one. If we do the bro trip, we'll most surely only will do parks and coasters. We made a big USA trip last year with NASCAR, IMS and Eldora. So as much as I like racing, my friend doesn't, so.. Let's ride coasters =)
So Holiday World, Cedar Point and Kings Island sounds like a completely well designed scenario for a seven to ten day trip.

Thanks for all your input, mates. I appreciate it. It's nice to get a view from inside! :)

I would choose Kentucky Kingdom any day over Holiday World. Lightning Run and Storm Chaser are amazing rides and the Kingdoms flats blow Holiday Worlds out of the water. Though Mammoth is my favorite is my favorite water slide
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Postby prozach626 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:22 am

I did quick google search and you're close to Frankfurt, so I'm just guessing that's where you're planning to fly from. As far as I can tell, I think that Lufthansa offers non stop flights from Frankfurt to Chicago. It's a little over a five hour drive from Chicago to King's Island. That may seem like a long time, but by the time you figure out how long it will take to land, go to your connecting flight, fly to your next destination, and de-plane, I doubt you'll be spending much more time driving than you will dealing with the connecting flight. This could leave you with Six Flags Great America, King's Island, and Cedar Point. All three parks are great. It will also allow you to spend some time in Chicago, if you want to allot for it.

I'm not telling you what to do, but I wanted to present you with another option. For me personally, if I were to spend nine hours on a plane I would want to make it count.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:00 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:It also looks like the park is open daily immediately. Has it always been like this? I remember the first week or two being weekends only?

Last year, the park was open the first weekend in May before being closed most of the next week, starting daily operations the following Friday (the 11th).

What is the earliest and latest dates Cedar Point has been open?
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

PreviousNext