Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:17 pm

^ Oh yeah, Bill, you're really missing out. We've been winning so much here the last two years we're almost sick of how much we've been winning. As it turns out, all the prizes are covfefe, and we're running out of places to store it all.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Invertalon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Drove to the park tonight and traffic was backed up nearly a mile off the exit ramp. What is usually 5min from park, map app said it would take 50min. Made it up to the causeway, then saw the gridlock across the entire thing. Then just turned around and went the hour back home. This was at around 730. Friend was a few minutes ahead of us and took him around 45min to just make it across to park. No thanks...

Place was Saturday-like busy tonight. A bummer... Never can I remember a Friday during HW being so busy. Next year it may come down to avoiding HW completely. Not sure ill even want to attempt next weekend.
-Steve

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:53 am

I guess word has gotten out that Fridays are the only days during Halloweekends that are bearable. Maybe they’ll have to rethink having half the rides closed Friday nights... but that’s a whole new can of worms to open.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:11 am

That's a bit of a surprise - as others have mentioned.

Typically Friday nights in the park (especially if it's cold/crappy) are pretty quiet.

So yeah...perhaps we need to quit telling people on here that. ;)

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:03 am

thrillrider wrote:I thought with the crappy whether, the park would be dead tonight. But I was dead wrong.

It’s so surprising to me how many people wait in the ticket line and pay full price. They could get on their phone *while in line* and buy CHEAPER tickets online and scan them at the gate.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 am

^Many people don't like using their credit cards through their phones (yeah I know...so behind the times...lol). I personally don't either unless it's a last resort. I don't even have any payment info saved in it in case my phone goes missing (and someone smart enough to unlock it). However, I will make sure I have bought tickets online at home well before going. Unless there is something like a bring a friend where I have to go to the tickets windows to redeem, I never have need for standing in those lines.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Just checked wait times on queue-times.com and it appears almost every major coaster is closed. Looks like a storm is rolling in but it's also extremely windy in Sandusky and it came out of nowhere. If you look at the CP webcams, you can tell that Power Tower (where the cams are) is swaying. Also, to anyone who likes to look at public snaps on Snapchat, there’s a pretty cool video on there shot from Mavericks line showing the trees going crazy. That wind is intense as hell.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Invertalon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:27 pm

A tree fell on the antique cars back by Maverick. Good thing nobody was under that portion of the track at the time.
-Steve

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Heard from a few friends who work at the park that there were wind gusts over 70 mph!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:51 pm

I'm bummed that I won't make it to the park this year, which seemed unfathomable back in August, but all of my possible dates were rained out and windy or insanely busy for the park. My last hopes were the past two days, but I have no regrets now seeing the packed crowds, gusty wet weather, & rides going down often. I love the park atmosphere for Halloweekends, but some years that dead Friday with clear skies just never happens. Anytime it ends up being wet with an hour-plus wait for Corkscrew, forget it.

Look like I'll be taking a Steel Vengeance-Steel Curtain makeup trip next spring.

PreviousNext