Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Imiha » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:18 am

Next month will be my first visit to CP and I’m staying in Breakers hotel for 4 nights and I bought tickets for the park + Fast Lane Plus in the hotel package. My question is how is the process of getting the actual tickets and Fast Lane Plus wristbands?
Do you go to the hotel front desk in the morning to receive your ticket and FLP wristband? Do you have to do this every morning? Is there usually a line for this?
I have no idea of how this process is going to be and I would appreciate it a lot if someone could explain it. Thanks!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby SteVeUrkle » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:15 am

Imiha wrote:Next month will be my first visit to CP and I’m staying in Breakers hotel for 4 nights and I bought tickets for the park + Fast Lane Plus in the hotel package. My question is how is the process of getting the actual tickets and Fast Lane Plus wristbands?
Do you go to the hotel front desk in the morning to receive your ticket and FLP wristband?

Don't know about the FLP wristband, but my group had the 2 day pass and they gave me my tickets at the Breakers Front Desk. This was before our room was ready. I believe somewhere in the wording it said we could pick up our tickets as early as 8am, but we showed up at Noon. We left our bags in the lobby with the very friendly lobby gentlemen, then left for the park. When we came back they all took good care of us, took our bags up, answered other questions, they will take very good care of you. You may have to get the FLP in the park, the Front Desk will let you know.

Imiha wrote:Do you have to do this every morning? Is there usually a line for this?

The 4 of us had 1 ticket for 2 days. I imagine they will give you 1 ticket for all 4 days, it'll say on the ticket "4 day pass." If there are any lines you run into, and they aren't for food, all of them are pretty manageable and decent at Cedar Point.

Imiha wrote:I have no idea of how this process is going to be and I would appreciate it a lot if someone could explain it. Thanks!

I'll be honest with yah, 4 days is a while to be there, so I wouldn't worry about rushing, you'll have plenty of time to do plenty of things plenty of times. And if you have any questions or issues, all you have to do is go to the front desk in the lobby at Breakers and they pretty much will tell you right then and there what you're gonna need to do and where you're gonna need to go, and they'll point it out on the park map, and answer any questions you may have with more certainty and day-to-day accuracy than you'll get on here.

Our stay was really effortless and fun and there weren't any stupid nuances, besides not being able to walk around with 2 beers lol.
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:02 am

^ This. We spent 4 days at the Breakers and I can testify, the front desk people make it very easy on one. 4 days may seem like a long time but makes for an ideal vacay. Plenty of time to do the waterpark and take time to do things you might not have considered with a shorter time constraint. The only thing I would recommend is that you keep your 4 day pass in a waterproof baggie or something. 4 days is a long time to hold onto your receipt for admissions.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Imiha » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

Thank you both! I will be there “only” for 3 full days because we are arriving late at night on the first night. I so think that it should be enough time for everything with FLP though. I will not be going to the waterpark.
Sounds like staff at Breakers is awesome so I’m sure it will be great.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Brad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 am

Imiha wrote:Thank you both! I will be there “only” for 3 full days because we are arriving late at night on the first night. I so think that it should be enough time for everything with FLP though. I will not be going to the waterpark.

We purchased the FL+ bundle with our hotel package and it was a bit confusing - but this is how it works.

When you check-in, they will give you two receipts for each person / package purchased. The first receipt will be your admission ticket (we had 3-day tickets - so there were three admissions on the same receipt). Be sure to get your hand stamped when you leave the park each day as that is your re-entry method once it's been scanned in the morning.

Your second receipt will be for the all-inclusive bundle. This is a bit of a pain, as you have to get your FL+ at any of the locations in the park that sell this (there is one right inside the Magnum gate). To get your dining wristband, you have to scan the same receipt at the first dining location you use it at to get another wristband. To get your all-day drinks, you have to scan the receipt again to get your drink wristband (up to three wristbands now). For the FunPix card - after your first ride, they'll scan the same receipt and give you a lanyard with a FunPix card on it. You'll need to give them an email address so you can view them online. You have to do this each day you have the bundle. It's kind of comical how inefficient this is. But, you have FL+, dining and drinks all day, so it's hard to complain too much.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby jonskinny12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Imiha wrote:Thank you both! I will be there “only” for 3 full days because we are arriving late at night on the first night. I so think that it should be enough time for everything with FLP though. I will not be going to the waterpark.

I was there a couple weeks ago for 3 days, and we got FL+ on 2 of the days. Tuesday and Thursday were FL+, my sister was only there half the day Wednesday so we didn't do FL+ and mostly just went on the rides with shorter lines that we really didn't care about that my girlfriend hadn't been on before (Corkscrew, CCMR, Gemini, etc.) after running to SV for early entry.

Anyway, in that time we got on Steel Vengeance 18 glorious times, Millennium Force 7 times (didn't really use FL+ much for this but was still nice to cut out some of the wait), Top Thrill Dragster and Valravn 6 times each, Maverick 5 times, and Gatekeeper 4 times. Almost all of this was Tuesday and Thursday. There were also a couple of breakdowns that took about 2 hours out of our FL+ time, and the park closed at 8:00 all 3 nights.

My point is you'll have plenty of time to do what you want to do, but you won't get bored. After our 3 days there I still felt like we could have easily stayed another day. I'm sure you'll have a great trip!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:57 pm

I was there for three days on Memorial Day Weekend and got the Breakers package. I thought about doing FL+ but glad I didn't...It would have been a waste of money. 3 days is more than enough time to get everything done and having the early entry helps even more. We got 2 rides on SV every morning before they opened the gates to regular folk. We even spent a day at the waterpark...Use early entry for that too and knock out the slides quick before the crowds get there and then get back to the park. If you're staying at Breakers for multiple days, I say save your money and don't do FL+. Do all the popular rides early and late and all the other less popular rides are less than 30 minutes during mid-day. Now if you were only going to spend 1 or 2 days, then I would recommend FL+.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:38 pm

I went the weekend prior to Memorial Day. I fly into Ohio on that Saturday and spent an hour and half at the park and then I spent all day on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday at the park. I stayed at Breakers and I am platinum. I didn't get FL+ and it worked out fine. I ended up with 9 rides on SV, 15 on MF, 11 on Maverick, 12 on Gate Keeper, 8 on TTD, 4 on Valravn, and 9 on Magnum. Monday was the busiest day and the day I got the fewest rides. I can see this being the case in May and June before it gets crowded. If it was a lot more crowded, say in July & early August, then I would budget a day, maybe 2 for FL+.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Can I request a photo TR of the waterpark from a local? I feel like we never get pictures of CP Shores, even with all of the love it's received in the last couple years.

Bonus points for the swim up bar!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Quick quick quick TR:

Went to the park on Father's day. It was SO HOT (yeah yeah, fight me). Did Gatekeeper, Valravn, Millennium Force, and Maverick during early entry with little to no waits.

I was a bit disappointed in Brew & BBQ this year. No food really stood out for me except for the brisket station you got a TON of meat for a "sample" and it was tasty, but the rest of the food wasn't that great IMO. I think the non-beer / cider selection was smaller this year (I know, it's about beer, but I don't drink that stuff) but what was there was pretty good. Had a really good pineapple cider I would go out and buy again. And I'm always a fan of ciderboys.

Sidenote: why are the tickets only good the day you purchased them? I ran into a few really pissed off people when the stands wouldn't accept their color of ticket from the day before.

Anyways, on the way out at 3pm-ish Millennium Force had a 1 train wait. To give you an idea of how busy it was; all the crowds were on the water rides and water park... I'm guessing.

Oh, I also got yelled at for filling an empty seat as a single rider. Guy refused to let me by him in the MF station and said I can get kicked out of the park. People are dumb.

Rode Steel err MEAL Vengeance 2x and I feel the ride just gets better the more I ride it. Thing was absolutely flying into the midcourse. That sideways jolt at the top is awesome lol.

Great day but way too hot. Couldn't stay any longer to enjoy the small queues because I was melting. Oh well, we will be back (as always).

PreviousNext