Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4196: Details of new changes coming for the 2018 season!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Ape » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:08 am

With what Zach said I am curious if the TPR ban of photos videos is still in place? I would imagine so.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:25 am

If someone told me it sold it in under 5 minutes that wouldn't surprise me one bit. The Mean Streak RMC conversion has been anticipated since Texas Giant, of course this event will sell out in a record pace. If I were trying to go I'd have as many devices and tabs up as possible ala Lollapalooza ticket release day haha
Last edited by PKI Jizzman on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 am.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:27 am

prozach626 wrote:I'm closely watching this thread in anticipation that someone will post some spy shots of the Steel Vengeance testing. Except that's not what I'm excited about. What really does it for me will be the 50 posts afterwards of people losing their minds about the park's policy violation and respect for the park's privacy, despite the hypocrisy of everyone watching the video.

I'm not encouraging it and it's wrong to the park... That said, I can still enjoy the entertainment that follows, leading up to the inevitable ban. Life is bliss.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: So true!

Ape wrote:I am currently enjoying the meltdowns people are having on social media over Cedar Points first rider ticket sales not working correctly. Hopefully they get it corrected soon though. Hope the event raises a lot of money.

I was able to purchase my First Public Train ticket before it all went to crap, but couldn't add my kids' $75 ones immediately after they went on sale. I called, and they said it is a website malfunction, and to keep watching, because they'll go back on sale. In the meantime, everybody needs to KEEP CALM, AND GET EXCITED ABOUT SPENDING EXORBITANTLY FOR A GOOD CAUSE! ;)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Ape » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:30 am

Glad you got your ticket! I wish you luck with getting your kids ticket.

Postby DILinator » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:33 am

^Thanks! I know they'll be over the moon excited if I can get them to the event, so hopefully it works out! =)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Ape » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Postby DILinator » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:45 pm

I got absolutely SCREWED by their stupid computer glitch! :devil: I had purchased my ticket for the first train as soon as they went on sale, and before the site went down. Then I get a call from CP a couple of hours later, saying they had been oversold, and I was bumped to the second train! :cry: :cry: :cry: They gave me the option to get a refund, and I took it, because I'm not paying $250 to be the first loser (2nd place)! :lol: However, she guaranteed me 4 tickets to the event, 1 for me, and 3 for my kids, so I'll still be able to go, and I saved some money! lol

It was a crushing blow to think I had a spot on the first train for two hours, only to find out I lost out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, but Christy from CP Customer Service was great, and I understand that this was out of their control, and they did the best they could, considering the circumstances. It's still going to be a great event, and getting to ride SV multiple times, the first night it's open, will still be an amazing experience to share with my kiddos! So thanks, CP, for everything, and I'm looking forward to April 27! =)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:05 pm

DILinator wrote:I got absolutely SCREWED by their stupid computer glitch! :devil: I had purchased my ticket for the first train as soon as they went on sale, and before the site went down. Then I get a call from CP a couple of hours later, saying they had been oversold, and I was bumped to the second train! :cry: :cry: :cry: They gave me the option to get a refund, and I took it, because I'm not paying $250 to be the first loser (2nd place)! :lol: However, she guaranteed me 4 tickets to the event, 1 for me, and 3 for my kids, so I'll still be able to go, and I saved some money! lol

It was a crushing blow to think I had a spot on the first train for two hours, only to find out I lost out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, but Christy from CP Customer Service was great, and I understand that this was out of their control, and they did the best they could, considering the circumstances. It's still going to be a great event, and getting to ride SV multiple times, the first night it's open, will still be an amazing experience to share with my kiddos! So thanks, CP, for everything, and I'm looking forward to April 27! =)

Good news is you'll still be able to ride it. It's not like they are going to engrave the names of the "first riders" in the seats of the train :lol:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:07 pm

You should take that money you saved and still donate it to charity!
Total: 232 | Steel: 177 | Wooden: 55

Last Coaster Ridden: Mr. Freeze at SFSTL on 9/30/17.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:10 pm

DILinator wrote:I got absolutely SCREWED by their stupid computer glitch! :devil: I had purchased my ticket for the first train as soon as they went on sale, and before the site went down. Then I get a call from CP a couple of hours later, saying they had been oversold, and I was bumped to the second train! :cry: :cry: :cry: They gave me the option to get a refund, and I took it, because I'm not paying $250 to be the first loser (2nd place)! :lol: However, she guaranteed me 4 tickets to the event, 1 for me, and 3 for my kids, so I'll still be able to go, and I saved some money! lol

That's definitely a bummer, but think of it this way, the track will be more warmed up.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Top 5 Parks- Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Dollywood

PreviousNext