Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: Afterburner, harsaphes and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
 
Posts: 498
Joined: 25 Jul 2014
Gender: None specified

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Samuel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Now there's ^ a trip down memory lane -- I probably still have this bad boy on VHS somewhere! Thanks for sharing!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?
User avatar
 
Posts: 2722
Joined: 29 Nov 2009
Location: Where the grass is blue.
Gender: Male
Age: 24

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:28 pm

2 hour waits on Sunday and Monday gave for 25-ish minute waits for SV in FL+. Despite the unfavorable dent it put in my wallet, I will say it was absolutely worth the money for the short time we were there.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 Aug 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby mac95 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:28 am

Midgetman82 wrote:2 hour waits on Sunday and Monday gave for 25-ish minute waits for SV in FL+. Despite the unfavorable dent it put in my wallet, I will say it was absolutely worth the money for the short time we were there.


SV waits were 2 hours on a Monday as well?? I'm going this Sunday and Monday and got only FL+ for Sunday, was hoping Monday would be manageable.
Parks I've been to: Cedar Point, Carowinds, Dollywood, HersheyPark, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Kennywood, Dorney Park, Darien Lake, Six Flags Great Escape, Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Tampa, DisneyWorld, DisneyLand, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Diego

Top Steel: Wicked Cyclone
Top Woodie: Lightning Rod

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 25 Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby clem2754 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 am

mac95 wrote:
Midgetman82 wrote:2 hour waits on Sunday and Monday gave for 25-ish minute waits for SV in FL+. Despite the unfavorable dent it put in my wallet, I will say it was absolutely worth the money for the short time we were there.


SV waits were 2 hours on a Monday as well?? I'm going this Sunday and Monday and got only FL+ for Sunday, was hoping Monday would be manageable.
When I went in May, I was in the park on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and I found that Monday was more crowded than Sunday. All the days were good in May, but the I got on the fewest rides on Monday.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!
User avatar
 
Posts: 902
Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Location: Cleveland
Gender: Male
Age: 36

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby CP Maverick » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:55 am

It's been that way for a while. Sunday (or Monday holiday) tends to be a travel day, so the resort people won't be in the park.
Original Maverick '99

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 31 Aug 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby mac95 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:20 am

CP Maverick wrote:It's been that way for a while. Sunday (or Monday holiday) tends to be a travel day, so the resort people won't be in the park.


Do you recommend us using our FL+ on Monday instead of Sunday then? We bought FL+ when they had the good deal over Christmas, so we will use it one of the two days.
Parks I've been to: Cedar Point, Carowinds, Dollywood, HersheyPark, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Kennywood, Dorney Park, Darien Lake, Six Flags Great Escape, Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Tampa, DisneyWorld, DisneyLand, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Diego

Top Steel: Wicked Cyclone
Top Woodie: Lightning Rod

Online
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.
User avatar
 
Posts: 688
Joined: 15 Aug 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Gender: Male

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby JT325 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:24 am

Having not kept up on the forum, I'm curious if they have gotten around to running all 3 trains on SV? Is lengthening the brake run an option?
#CPFrontierLift2019

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!
User avatar
 
Posts: 902
Joined: 01 Sep 2015
Location: Cleveland
Gender: Male
Age: 36

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby CP Maverick » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:35 am

mac95 wrote:
CP Maverick wrote:It's been that way for a while. Sunday (or Monday holiday) tends to be a travel day, so the resort people won't be in the park.


Do you recommend us using our FL+ on Monday instead of Sunday then? We bought FL+ when they had the good deal over Christmas, so we will use it one of the two days.

As someone who has never used FL on any visit, my advice might not be the best. But in reality, I would decide based on the weather. If both days have similar weather, I would use the FL for the first day, to get all my desired rides in ASAP; then I would be able to relax and pace my day out on the second day.
Original Maverick '99

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"
User avatar
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Location: Cininnati
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Ape » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 pm

FL+ makes the day more relaxing thee is no stress about trying to get all the rides in.

Online
I teach at the school of donkey!
 
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 May 2007
Location: Northern Delaware
Gender: Male
Age: 35

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:12 pm

JT325 wrote:Having not kept up on the forum, I'm curious if they have gotten around to running all 3 trains on SV?


Nope

Is lengthening the brake run an option?


I feel pretty confident saying "no chance whatsoever" before next off-season, and "extremely unlikely" during the off-season. The ride was designed adequately; they just needed to turn up the brakes a little.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

PreviousNext