Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby CP Maverick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Depending on the timing of entering the station, putting the group of 3 with the single in 11 allows another group of 3 to use 10/11 and overlap. Not sure if this is what they were trying to accomplish though.
Original Maverick '99

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:45 pm

^ That's a good point. The groupers that I saw did seem to do a pretty good job of matching odd numbered groups and single riders to try to completely fill every train. The whole crew on Steel Vengeance was very good every time I rode it. They were often ready to dispatch with 20+ seconds left on the countdown.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:30 pm

The whole Steel Vengeance crew was absolutely fantastic when I was there. I never saw an empty seat on any train. I had one ride where the grouper was openly asking where people (at least in the FL+ line) wanted to ride, but I think part of that was because they had the last 4 rows roped off for people accessibility passes. When he asked, I immediately said back because there was no one in line back there, he then informed me that it was roped off for said reason, but offered to let us wait for it and we were a group of 3. We chose not to since we could get right on in rows 7 and 8.

I"ll also give a shout out to the Gatekeeper crew. That crew hauls a**. They were constantly dispatching trains before the train on the course had even went through the keyholes.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Timize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:09 am

CoasterInk wrote:
Hriscay wrote:Wouldn't let a single rider in the last row though :(

That's interesting... I was a single rider and was given back row about a month ago.

I was just at CP yesterday by myself and they let me choose back row. I think it just depends on the person.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 am

On one of my rides last week I was put in row 12 as a single rider and then they put a group of 3 to fill out the back car.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Not a full on report but I wanted to talk a little bit about my trip over the weekend.

We stayed at Express Hotel mainly because it was the same price as others with run and ride discount. We liked it clean and friendly the beds were comfortable.

We did 3 hours in the park on Friday when we arrived. Ended up waiting 2 hours for SV and it was worth the wait. We loved it. I was surprised my wife liked it as much as she did with how intense it is but it is both of our number 1 now. Valravn was a first time for us and our first Dive Machine we liked it especially the view. ended the night with Millie then the SkyRide.

The Run and Ride was great. We only did the 5k on this trip but we both finished easily and with a time that we have not run in a 5k before. It rained at the beginning which was fine by me. We are planning to do the half marathon next year.

We did Fast Lane saturday (thank you platinum discount). It mainly saved time on SV which held a 2 hour plus wait all day. the longest we waited with FLP was 15 minutes.

Iron Dragon Vr was our first experience with VR on a coaster and we both enjoyed it. Thought it was worth the half hour wait.

Brews and BBQ is absolutely worth it for platinum pass holders because you get a full beer on top of the 15 tickets. We ended up being stuffed and gave 3 tickets away. If you are on here and I gave you the tickets waiting for SV to open back up around 9 after weather I hope you made it in time and enjoyed your beer. highlights for me was Smoked Sausage, Carolina sliders with vinegar slaw, and nektar Zombie killer cider. We also hope to do this again next year.

We did front seat of SV at night and the bugs were insane. I rope with my shirt over my face which made things exciting as I couldn't see the track coming. :lmao:

We did 5 hours in the park Sunday before heading home. If you want to ride SV in a timely manner go to magnum entrance and make it to SV no later than 9:15 so that you ride before FLP starts at 10. Sunday was more crowded than Saturday due to threats of weather Saturday.

ride count for the weekend. 5 SV rides saturday with FLP.

Steel Vengeance 7x
Maverick 3x
Millie 6x
Rougarou 1x
Iron Dragon vr 1x
Magnum 1x
ttd 1x
Raptor 2x
Wicked Twister 4x ( holy S*** weight loss paid off and I fit again)
Gatekeeper 4x
Valravn 4x

We also did a bunch of flats but Im not counting those.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Only 15 minutes on a Saturday for SV? That's awesome to hear!!! :b :airtime: :b
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby SFMMGeek27 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Only 15 minutes on a Saturday for SV? That's awesome to hear!!! :b :airtime: :b

With FL+. I’d hope it wouldn’t be much longer than that.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:52 pm

CoasterInk wrote:
Hriscay wrote:Wouldn't let a single rider in the last row though :(

That's interesting... I was a single rider and was given back row about a month ago.
I didn't have an issue either when I asked for the back row as a single rider.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby inlina » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm

PeggedSole wrote:I don't know if this Cedar Point video from 1984 has already been shared somewhere in the previous 44,000+ posts? I did a search on TPR, but it didn't show any matches. Whatever the case, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS6xYHpbrLM

That lead me to this which I couldn't see being shared previously....

PreviousNext