Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: kalikoasterman510 and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby BigBad » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:41 am

There certainly was a time when the 2017 opening seemed plausible.

But I'd hope that no one still thinks it's opening this year. The video posted a few pages back has Tony Clark remarking that this is a 2018 attraction.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 am

eskater132 wrote:Does the flat section scream 'LAUNCH' to anyone else? Can't make heads or tails of the layout other than it being massively long.

The brake-run has a downward slant, so I say the train will roll right through. The ride should be designed to complete the course if the train comes to a complete stop. We'll see if that's initially the case though since many of RMC's conversions have a Heckle and Jyde effect during their first season.

SFOGdude25 wrote:Total guess here, but I bet RMC will want to take their time to place the track sections that are inside the structure since those pieces will have to be guided in and around all the lumber. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons why RMC wanted a jump start on the project. That and the fact that this ride is just really f**king huge.

Its mostly likely due to the fact that they have 6 other projects they have to complete and this is their most important project they've ever took on as a company. They need to complete it early so they can move their crew to the next project, but more importunely, they need plenty of time to test and workout the kinks. They have to deliver for Cedar Point. This can't be Lightning Rod all over again. Somehow Cedar Point has barely said a word about this project and its probably the most hyped up attraction they've ever built.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks for the photos! :lover:

I was also curious about the straight track/MCBR section but now looking at it with completed track, I just don't see it being a launch anymore. It would add unnecessary problems. Is there anyone who still thinks there will be a launch?

CoasterLine wrote:Maybe with what appears to be a large amount of time between ride completion and opening we'll actually see immersive theming? Wait, just kidding, this is Cedar Fair. :p

Hey, I thought they did a great job with Mystic Timbers. Cedar Point is their flagship and this ride is going to be HUGE (literally and figuratively), so why not splurge a little for theming? But hey, not complaining if they don't. Most of us are going to run past all of it anyway to try and be the first in line. ;)
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:33 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but lightning rod's issues have nothing to do with RMC right?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby BrianGC » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:44 am

jarmor wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but lightning rod's issues have nothing to do with RMC right?

Hard to say for certain, but earlier this summer Dollywood did post on their web site and in front of the ride itself specifically calling out RMC as working on the reliability. There's an image of the sign multiple pages back in the DW thread.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby thrilladdict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:07 am

RMC doesn't make the magnets or launch control system but they are certainly responsible for making sure that they choose a supplier for such things that has their stuff together. If someone sells McD's a batch of mayo that gets a bunch of people sick guess who's going to be blamed?

RMC's engineering might have been perfect but their choice of launch supplier clearly was not, that falls on them.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:09 am

Here we go.
Screenshot_20170719-140923.png
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby fiestatexasfan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:19 am

bluestreak wrote:Here we go.

??? NEED MORE INFO!!

*edit: this post was also supposed to have the tweet from Tony but I don't know how to quote the images.*
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby WOFanatic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:21 am

thrilladdict wrote:RMC doesn't make the magnets or launch control system but they are certainly responsible for making sure that they choose a supplier for such things that has their stuff together. If someone sells McD's a batch of mayo that gets a bunch of people sick guess who's going to be blamed?

:nina: :nina: :nina:
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:00 pm

I find the comparisons to New Texas Giant interesting, as that was RMC's first original project, and it didn't even have inversions. This just goes to show how far they've come in six years.

That reverse-banked overhead turn looks amazing and utterly ridiculous. It might be the best element on what's looking to be a world-class ride... in a park that already has Maverick and Millennium Force. Consider us hyped. :angel:
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

PreviousNext