Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4113 - Updates to Cedar Point Boardwalk
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:59 pm

sugart wrote:Early planning for next year, 2 adults 3 kids, hotel breakers, lighthouse point, or vrbo? Thanks.

It's not exactly rea$onable, but The Breakers is an great place to stay, so close to the park itself. There is shuttle service to the main gate (and the awesome Famous Dave's BBQ!), but there are two other entry gates within easy walking distance from your room. You get early entry into the park. There's a BEACH nearby too! Swimming pool for all, and adults jacuzzi. Great in-hotel bar (Surf Lounge!). Restaurants were iffy though, as they (Perkins & Japanese Rest.) closed literally the same time as the park. Exception was TGIF's. When we were there, beginning of June. We were sent (drove) to a very easy to find place for supplies, for in room snacking and stuff for the nice fridge in room, too.

Hope that helps. :smile:

P.S. If you already know roughly when this once in a lifetime trip for your family is, start saving now! They have a payment plan for The Breakers (over a three month period, after initial payment. So that's four payments, I guess. But it worked for me, when I organized Bert's and my trip there.)
IMG_3835.JPG
I loved this view, coming out of the hotel, to the park. Which was to the right. (o: June 3, 2017 ~ 0920
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:29 am

(FTR: I've only stayed @ Breakers since the renovation in 2015.)

Personally, I think Breakers is actually reasonable considering everything that comes with it. Sure, the hotel itself is not a luxury resort but it does a damn good job of trying to make it feel like one. With park and waterpark included (and early entry) you do the math and the rooms are really not that expensive. And I realize its still considerably more expensive that the sh*t motels you can get out in Sandusky but Breakers is pretty nice. You're right on a really nice beach, with pools, hot tubs, plenty of half decent places to eat, and that easy 5 minute walk to get into to the park and back into your room at the end of the day (or pit stops throughout your day) really is priceless. Pack your own food and have a cooler/the hotel fridge to eat from all day/weekend. Saves so much $$. I've said it before but I don't think I could ever go to CP again and not stay there. We even splurged on a two-room $uite, and it was totally worth the cost.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:22 am

sugart wrote:Early planning for next year, 2 adults 3 kids, hotel breakers, lighthouse point, or vrbo? Thanks.

If you have Platinum Passes then I see no reason to stay at Cedar Point. If you don't, then stay on property because Early Entry is amazing. Without that by the time you get in the park you'll already be dealing with long lines for most of the major attractions. With Early Entry it's possible to knock out some of the best rides in the park with minimal wait times.

We really need a little more information though. Are you looking to splurge? Are you looking to do this on a budget? Are you looking to do the beach or Cedar Point shores? Are you looking to take breaks in the middle of the day and go back to the room / pool? There are a lot of things to consider here.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby gearbm95 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:54 am

CP Maverick wrote:This weekend is PointFest, so there will be extra business Saturday for the concert.

Ugh...

This looks to be a Christian rock concert. When I used to work at Darien Lake we had Kingdom Bound (3 day Christian concert) and it was the worst week of the year. We actually got called in early (lifeguards) to stand guard over the wave pool at 9am while they did baptisms. That water was so vile without the waves on to break up the clouds of hair/weaves/band-aids/hair gel...I felt disgusted watching them dip their heads in. The amount of teens busted for shoplifting and trying to hook up was crazy, security always dreaded that week.

The best part was the park had to cover all the signage for Viper due to complaints from the event organizers about "serpents" in the park. They put a temporary sign out front and changed the name of the ride, it was ridiculous.

Guess I'd rather just deal with the crowds on a busier Halloweekends night than deal with the Christian rock crowd.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby DavidB » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 am

Since there is already discussion started...I am going to King's Island for one Saturday in October and was considering just getting a platinum pass, and using the free day of admission for the day I am there. I am looking at potentially spending maybe July 4 - 6 or 7 at Cedar Point next summer. It is my understanding the benefits of the Platinum Pass are the same no matter which park you purchase it for, is this correct? The bigger question I have, because I remember it being at least mentioned here before, is do you get a discount at the hotels if you have a platinum pass from another Cedar Fair park? I would absolutely want to stay at Lighthouse Point, Sandcastle Suites, or Breakers. Any other advice or helpful info about doing something like this would be greatly appreciated, as I know many of you have much more experience with this than I do! Thanks!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:07 am

gearbm95 wrote:This looks to be a Christian rock concert. When I used to work at Darien Lake we had Kingdom Bound (3 day Christian concert) and it was the worst week of the year. We actually got called in early (lifeguards) to stand guard over the wave pool at 9am while they did baptisms. That water was so vile without the waves on to break up the clouds of hair/weaves/band-aids/hair gel...I felt disgusted watching them dip their heads in. The amount of teens busted for shoplifting and trying to hook up was crazy, security always dreaded that week.

The best part was the park had to cover all the signage for Viper due to complaints from the event organizers about "serpents" in the park. They put a temporary sign out front and changed the name of the ride, it was ridiculous.

Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Location: Crystal Beach, Ontario circa 1969 via the Wabac Machine

Postby Mr.Peabody » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:10 am

When do the participants of the Christian festival depart? We're hitting the Cincinnati Oktoberfest this weekend and added Cedar Point to our itinerary for Sunday to break up the drive home. I renewed my Platinum pass and as a perk Mrs. Peabody can get into the park free on Sunday. Nice deal, along with a $89 room at Castaway Bay. Can anyone advise on what the crowds will be like this Sunday?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:15 am

DavidB wrote:It is my understanding the benefits of the Platinum Pass are the same no matter which park you purchase it for, is this correct?

Yes. Our passes are actually from Kings Island also. As for the hotel discount, I have no idea and I can't find anything about it on the website so I can't be much help with that one.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby DavidB » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:23 am

^Thanks. I couldn't find anything either, but I remember it being mentioned before. I wouldn't imagine the discount would be too much if there is one, since the pass itself isn't all that costly, but figured it was worth asking.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Towards the bottom of this page ( https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/season-passes ) it says there is a 10% discount on select room types. Also, I didn't realize you got a free upgrade from fast lane to fast lane plus.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby sugart » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:21 pm

coasterbill wrote:

If you have Platinum Passes then I see no reason to stay at Cedar Point. If you don't, then stay on property because Early Entry is amazing. Without that by the time you get in the park you'll already be dealing with long lines for most of the major attractions. With Early Entry it's possible to knock out some of the best rides in the park with minimal wait times.

We really need a little more information though. Are you looking to splurge? Are you looking to do this on a budget? Are you looking to do the beach or Cedar Point shores? Are you looking to take breaks in the middle of the day and go back to the room / pool? There are a lot of things to consider here.

Probably won't have a pass, looking to go 3rd or 4 th week of June for a long weekend Wednesday to Sunday. Splurge is a relative term I think, but the options that I mentioned are all doable. We like to stay deluxe at WDW for the location, so that's why I thought staying on point where we could walk to the parks and hotel freely would be a benefit.

The other factor is space. With 3 kids 13,9,and 6 we need some room to spread out. Most likes won't do beach other than maybe walking on it, but would do the water park spending 4 days there.

Thanks.

PreviousNext