TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Sorry for missing this as Im sure its been discussed (sorry I just don't follow every page and don't really go back and read what I missed) but in the past I recall there being multiple entrances, one of which was kinda near Mean Streak? Is this still the case and if so, is anyone entitled to walk to that one? I am staying at Breakers Express.

It would be grand to not have to go across the whole park. My gut says they probably don't allow this anymore due to well, everyone would go there

They don't allow you to drive back to that lot in the mornings but you can park in the regular parking lot and take the new boardwalk path that the entrance is located near Gatekeeper in the parking lot and that will take you along the beach to the Breakers entrance and yes that is the closest entrance to Steel Vengeance.

Since when don't they allow you to drive back there in the morning? I did it every time I went but once (when I chose to park up front) this year. Plus, if you're staying in The Breakers JJLehto, you'll be allowed to park there anyway, and go in that entrance.

I went two weeks ago, can confirm this. You drive down the Perimeter road, and you'll come up to a booth with someone checking for Breakers reservations. If you don't have one, you're told to turn left into the Soak City lot, from which you can just walk to the Magnum entrance.

Dragster closed with the park on Sunday and since yesterday was the first weekday after Cedar Point nights with an 8:00 close it seems like it was planned. It's a shame they couldn't have waited 2 weeks and done it when the park was closed Monday to Friday but I'm sure there's a reason for it.

PS: Does anyone in northern Ohio have a sick day to burn?

Untitled.png.3f896d5a1251fa5cdb888d63a378aed8.png

Dragster closed with the park on Sunday and since yesterday was the first weekday after Cedar Point nights with an 8:00 close it seems like it was planned. It's a shame they couldn't have waited 2 weeks and done it when the park was closed Monday to Friday but I'm sure there's a reason for it.

[attachment=0]Untitled.png[/attachment]

I actually had just seen this myself. That is crazy. I'm hoping it is somewhat similar tomorrow, it will be my first time at Cedar Point in about 10 years and I'd love to get a few laps on Steel Vengeance.

I just spent two wonderful days at Cedar Point but spent all our time riding rides and eating at Melt. I didn’t get a chance to do any souvenir shopping. I’d really like to get some T-shirt’s and stuff, does anyone have a link to where I can buy Cedar Point swag? I sure would appreciate the help. #rideon

I don't see anything on their site or mobile app about merchandise. I would contact them, and say you're especially interested in shirts from the Pagoda gift shop and hopefully they can help you.

[attachment=0]Untitled.png[/attachment]

Oh lord, 10 minutes!!! I wish I could go back... SV is my new #1 and the night rides are insane!!! I'm pretty sure I have turned my girlfriend into a coaster nerd. Her and all my friends make fun of me constantly, but her first trip to CP this past weekend shut her up. Quote unquote, "I kinda get it now... You trying to plan a trip next year?!?" Surprisingly, she fell in love with TTD, but SV is her new #1 (Fury 325 is now #2, Millennium Force is #3). She doesn't think TTD should be considered a coaster because it's too short (same with Wicked Twister). So her favorite "ride" was TTD, but favorite "coaster" is SV. Her coaster credits are up there too since we have been dating and she has been on a crap ton of coasters. So she does have some coaster cred when making her review. Things we took away from our trip...

1. FL+ is a must (thanks for the recommendation)

2. Melt was amazing (thanks for the recommendation)

3. The meal plan that came with our 2 Day Plus passes was an amazing deal (can eat every 90 min)

4. I've never seen so much rain in 6 hours (last Friday's storm)

5. The pix deal that came with our passes are a must if you like photos

6. Econo Lodge South was updated and very nice for a motel. Right down the rode from CP. We will be staying there again. $100/night

7. FL+ is a must (I think I already said that)

8. They need FL+ entry to Chick-fil-a LOL

9. I like the B&M new restraints on Valravn and Gatekeeper. Very comfortable

10. The All Day Drink deal was worth it because it kept us hydrated throughout the day and you can refill every 15 min.

11. Don't ride a coaster in the rain!!! It feels like getting stabbed by 10000000 needles

12. Don't ride SV in the front at night... The mosquitoes!!! I ate 46 of them and 11 went in both my eyes

13. FL+ is a must

Corkscrew, Wicked Twister and Mine Ride all being removed for 2019 CONFIRMED!!!

Really looking forward to the 2pm announcement. I think I enjoy seeing smaller non-ride improvements and upgrades more than mega-coasters now to see how the park evolves and continues to improve itself.

It's going to be an announcement of an announcement. That was already obvious, but it's nice to see they're trying to mitigate the bitching from people with unreasonable expectations. It won't work though. They underestimate coaster enthusiasts.

It's going to be an announcement of an announcement. That was already obvious, but it's nice to see they're trying to mitigate the bitching from people with unreasonable expectations. It won't work though. They underestimate coaster enthusiasts.

I think with the last tweet and the beginning to write on a new chapter tweet it's a announcement of several things leaving, but the new replacements not announced. Could be the long expected Dinos leaving, maybe Snake River, or Cedar Creek. Then, the spaces will be vacant all of 2019 while they pull another were doing construction, but won't announce it officially until 2020 ride announcements. Just my theory

Wait, does anyone really think that tweet means there will actually be an announcement tomorrow? This is Cedar Point - if anything, this is the teaser to the announcement for the announcement

Secretly, *please just let this be an actual announcement*

If it’s the actual announcement, I would expect nothing more than kings islands announcement.

I think it will be tony’s Normal “to do list” which for years included “call RMC”

I definitely prefer Cedar Fair teasers to Six Flags, they are more thought out in my opinion.

I won't speculate about what they are doing since I have only been here once. I do wonder if they will built anything huge since they just opened Steel Vengence for this year.

I do not know how old the aerial image/view is of this park but I see where the Shoot the Rapids was. I remember riding this right before it closed and it was in a decently sized area. The area just seems closed off the park from the view I see. Could this be used eventually again?

Wait, does anyone really think that tweet means there will actually be an announcement tomorrow? This is Cedar Point - if anything, this is the teaser to the announcement for the announcement

Secretly, *please just let this be an actual announcement*

If it’s the actual announcement, I would expect nothing more than kings islands announcement.

I think it will be tony’s Normal “to do list” which for years included “call RMC”

Yes, It could be a small addition in 2019 with a bunch of cryptic stuff that leads to everyone analyzing every word to try to figure out what's happening in the future. A year of TC getting to play with enthusiasts minds for what's coming in 2020, starting today.

Yeah, it looks like the forecast was for rain and they totally blew it. Everyone at the park today pretty much hit the lottery (though it may rain on and off and the two big Intamins are closed).

To be fair it did rain all morning here in Ohio. So... technically they had it right!

This is why I love going on days where they call for rain.

I was keeping an eye on the queue times today as an indicator for going to the park tomorrow, but the ride times are so low today I can't imagine it being similar tomorrow at all. One can hope though

Most Ohio schools have either gone back or go back this week, hence the 8pm closes. It will probably be very similar tomorrow. My nephews are there today since they start school tomorrow.

I went to the park yesterday and wanted to post a few thoughts. First off, the park was busy as opposed to what it looks today! It was a two hour wait for SV and over an hour for the other major coasters. After arriving at the Valravn entrance we walked right to Valravn to get my first ride on this beast. However, the wait time was already 45 mins. So we walked back to the entrance and bought fast lane plus. I haven't been in 5 years so I wanted to make sure I rode everything. The park looked beautiful and operations were all excellent. Dragster was down all day and it looked as though they had a crane an a giant new spool of cable up on the track. This is the first time, ever, that Dragster was down when I was there, so I wasn't that upset at all, even though I love it!

Here are the rides I got in yesterday:

Valravyn 3x- I absolutely love this coaster and don't understand the negative opinions. To each their own but it seemed as good or even better to me than Sheikra and Griffon. The splash down has never done anything for me other than its aesthetics.

Millennium Force 2x- This is coaster heaven for me! I just absolutely love it! I don't care that it has ejector air or insane violent elements. I rode in the front and second row from the back. I can ride it wherever and still love it just as much.

Maverick 2x- Flatt out insane as I remembered! It's funny because the night before we went to Battery Park to see the view of Cedar Point from across the lake and you barely see Maverick sitting there! Then you ride it and realize how freaking intense and balls to the walls it is. You almost need to condition your body to be prepared to ride it! Amazing!

Steel Vengeance 2x- So with what I said about Maverick, it was hard to believe there could be a ride that was more out of control. I have been so excited to ride SV since dreaming about Rocky Mountain doing their thing with Mean Steak. Like many others, I paid lots of attention to updates and photos that were posted here. So when my buddy and I finally sat down in the front seat, I could do nothing but smile! All the elements have been described so I will not go through them. All I will say is that when I got off, I thought to myself, "How do the trains even stay on the track?!" Simply amazing and exceeded all my expectations. WOW!

Magnum- God I love it for being the icon it is. I rode it the second year it was open when I was 10 and remember telling my parents how smooth it was. Fast forward to yesterday and I think from now on, I will stick to my one ride per visit. I love what Magnum represents to the industry and I am glad engineering has grown! It's not on par with Vortex down at KI but its rough. However, I do not want it ever taken down.

Power Tower 2x- I love these rides. Great views of the park and guaranteed butterflies.

Gatekeeper 2x- This was my biggest question mark of the trip. What a beautiful coaster and I love the entire gatekeeper plaza. I will say that I absolutely loved the ride but totally understand the criticism of the MCBR and what follows. Seems like they were so creative for most of the ride and then got real tired and just wanted to finish up the design in order to go to bed. Still an amazing ride.

Sky Hawk 2x- Love this ride so much be damn, what a short cycle. The line was so short. I'd much rather wait longer and get a longer ride. I wish they would change the cycle so bad.

Maxair 2x- Love this ride as much if not more than Sky Hawk because the cycle seems so much longer. I love these frisbee rides(this one particularly) so I cannot wait to get a ride on CraZanity at SFMM.

Blue Streak- I love it for what it is. Always have fun while riding.

Sky Ride 2x- I have always loved relaxing and taking in the views from sky ride. Couldn't help but to think about Bill when I was on it!

Train- Most underrated part of the park to me! We were tired and hot and just wanted a break. We decided to hop on the train by Mantis and MF, we rode it over to SV to get another ride but decided to stay on for another full circuit. So relaxing and enjoyable. Go to the far back and you can get a full bench to yourself to stretch out those legs. I love the Train like Bill loves Sky Ride!

Overall, it was a great day. Glad we bought Fast Lane Plus for our one-day trip. The park closed at 8 and it looked as if rain would be coming in. Therefore, no dark rides, but it gives me something to look forward to when we return next year! Good food, great operations, and amazing rides. My trip reaffirmed why I love CP more than any other Amusement Park I have been to. Thank you Cedar Point.

How is this not a major coaster! they teased so much this year for this! you should be ashamed Cedar Point! That is it I am cancelling my Platinum passes because I am too spoiled for this nonsense.