TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I really really couldn’t believe how much I loved it. I had heard all the hype and I had heard all the noise about it being overrated and after seeing the POVs I kinda agreed. But 5 seconds into the ride I fell in love with it. It’s definitely not the best coaster at the park but it just might be my absolute favorite. It’s been a long time since I’ve ever had so much fun on a coaster.

So not to take away from or end the (well deserved) Millennium praise, but the following picture of a poster from inside the park was posted to Twitter. The Twitter user who posted it won't respond to questions asking where the poster was but I assume it's in the Cedar Creek Mine Ride area.

I will most likely be at the park tomorrow and I'll look for the poster. If this is real, it sure sounds like CP has something up their sleeve.

Screenshot_20180719-235341.thumb.png.a66c62de393f52c0c9719b59bd443805.png

So not to take away from or end the (well deserved) Millennium praise, but the following picture of a poster from inside the park was posted to Twitter. The Twitter user who posted it won't respond to questions asking where the poster was but I assume it's in the Cedar Creek Mine Ride area.

I will most likely be at the park tomorrow and I'll look for the poster. If this is real, it sure sounds like CP has something up their sleeve.

Unfortunately, I think this is for Canada's Wonderland. Many of the "clues" fit for the new B&M Dive Coaster up there.

That's just Tony messing around...lol

It's the stats for the dive coaster up "north" in Canada. See the valravin logo as well? Or how about the leviathan lumber company?

Couple pages late due to the sparked debate about water but we are staying at Castaway Bay because I am a ginger and have ginger kids who are also still real young we wanted them to be able to avoid the sun some and enjoy the water. We will be going to Cedar Point shores.

Hopefully you haven't gone to Kalahari before. When I first went to Castaway Bay, I thought it was great! When I went this year, after going to Kalahari a couple of years ago... Let's just say it pales, substantially! However, I'm sure you'll all have a blast, especially if you haven't been to Kalahari yet!

Millennium Force (x8)- SV and Mav May be better coasters but this ride was the highlight of the trip for me. Anybody who thinks this ride is overrated is off their god damn rocker. This ride is absolutely amazing and is still one of the best coasters ever. The drop is absolutely insane and is the best drop outside of El Toro I’ve ever experienced. The first overbank is OMFG intense, and the speed is just jaw dropping. Also had a lot more air then I was expecting. The 2 main hills had some nice floater and the speed hill past the station has a nice pop of ejector. Don’t quite know what people are on about when they say it has no air. Night rides on this are also legendary. The ride is so warmed up it feels like it’s gunna rip it’s self apart and the crowd gets so rowdy. I’ve never seen a station as loud as this ride at night. It makes for one hell of an experience. MF night rides are definitely the most fun I’ve had on a coaster in a long long time.

Top Thrill Dragster (x2)- While having the lap bars is nice I really really don’t see how people think this is so much better than Ka. Sure outside the front row Dragster is probably much smoother but from the front seat (which is the only seat I sit in on these anyway) they’re literally the exact same in terms of smoothness. I honestly also think Ka’s launch is a bit stronger. They’re too similar for me too pick one. Dragster has the lap bars, Ka has a stronger launch. They kinda cancel each other out for me.

This man is right on the money, in both regards here! I've literally NEVER ridden MF with a non-enthusiast, where their mind wasn't blown by this coaster! I've had the privilege of riding with many first time riders over the years, and I always relish those moments after the coaster ends, when they're simply going crazy, trying to describe how amazing the coaster was, and how they've never experienced anything like it! I always refer to riding it as a re-birth, BMF, and AMF, because at least when it comes to the normal, non-enthusiast riders, it's like a momentous life experience for them!

As for TTF and KK, it's nice to have another voice in the minority report, that thinks KK is better than TTD (or at least not worse!)

Am I missing the Millennium Force love-fest?

I have noticed that the ride has been universally praised by everyone this year. I'm not sure if it's because it's running any different, because enthusiasts are finally coming to their senses or what but welcome to the party.

Since we are on the topic of the time traveling toaster coaster Millennium Force...how are the lines for MF during early entry? I assume everyone runs to Steel Vengeance in the morning leaving Millennium Force open for 6+ re-rides? It might be my early entry plan when I go to CP in August.

MF got stuck at the top while I was there this weekend! Not on my ride though, bummer

For my early enter MF was under 5 minutes. Steel Vengeance was about 30 mins, although the op told us 1 hour. But yeah everyone did rush to SV

This was on Sunday morning.. Monday was about the same

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Millennium Force (x8)- SV and Mav May be better coasters but this ride was the highlight of the trip for me. Anybody who thinks this ride is overrated is off their god damn rocker. This ride is absolutely amazing and is still one of the best coasters ever. The drop is absolutely insane and is the best drop outside of El Toro I’ve ever experienced.

tenor.gif?itemid=4445019

Seconded.

Agreed, I will always grant its not technically the best coaster, but as an experience....god damn it's perfection, and every time.

This sums it up right here. I have to yet to find an equivalent when it comes to experience (outside Voyage perhaps). The setting combined with the blissful joy of riding and re-riding are second to none, for me, anyway. And at night? Forget about it, it's my forever #1. Ascending that lift at night into the darkness with the lake at one side and the lights all around and the lake breeze just create the perfect coaster experience.

Okay, I'm done

I have noticed that the ride has been universally praised by everyone this year. I'm not sure if it's because it's running any different, because enthusiasts are finally coming to their senses or what but welcome to the party.

Right? There must be something in the water out in Sandusky.

We've come full circle.

First it was the best coaster in the world, then it was a forceless rattly powered coaster, now it's back to being the best coaster in the world.

Who's ready for the same thing for Steel Vengeance?

Hello friends!! Need some advice... Thinking of making a stop at CP tomorrow on my way to Cleveland to visit some friends. Weather is looking awful though ugh! Like 80 percent chance of rain... Should I risk it and go ya guys think? I hate to buy a ticket and not be able to ride rides because of the weather.

Once I got over my stink I had with GADV's policy for Toro, Ka and The Joker I find it so much more convenient. Just drop everything and put it the locker and there's no more worrying even if you're SURE your pocket is zippered/buttoned. The only thing that sucks is if the line is long and you're alone.

The latter

Every year I've been (so we're covering 2001 to 2017 and going on 10 visits now) MForce has been the same. Never any worse, or better, not inconsistent.

I always felt the enthusiast hate was OTT and kind of on purpose (yeah IDC fight me yall) so it has to be people are dropping it, ride aint any different.

Oh man, where was I? It had to have been KI or KK, they had one of those cell phone/item boxes of lost stuff. I think its funny, either get storage or do what I do: travel light and have zippered pockets. No need to store stuff if you have only a wallet, phone, keys and they are secured

The sad part is, parks aren't implementing these policies because they feel cargo or zipper pockets will fail, rather because no one can be trusted to not pull their phone out every 5 seconds, even while on the ride. This could go one of two ways. They pull a Universal and go all out with this, or it falls in line with the "No Earrings & Chewing Gum Allowed" signs and everything proceeds business as usual with no enforcement, at least in the line. I can see them ramping up the enforcement in and around the station and certainly on the ride itself though, as they should.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

^At GADV if they see you with a phone, security will come and take you out of line. Someone idiotically pulled out their phone on Toro in the station to take a selfie before the ride and they made her get off. She was so mad, but oh well. They say it every minute.

I don’t get why they don’t offer free lockers like Universal if they will say “no cell phones”. I simply think it is ridiculous to have to pay for a locker. This is the big reason why people feel like taking the risk of bringing a phone on and hoping it doesn’t get lost. They don’t want to have to pay each time they go on a ride.

I simply think it is ridiculous to have to pay for a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

Oh for fucks sake shut up. It's like a dollar or two. If you can't afford a dollar or two at an amusement park and are going to bitch about it, DON'T GO TO THE PARK. No one wants to hear your stupid annoying complaining about something so god damn petty.

I think the frustration I have with this, is that I am responsible with my phone on rides. I either have it in a zippered pocket, or fanny pack. Just because a there are "some" irresponsible people out there, why do those of us that are responsible have to be punished?

It's just frustrating to me that there are people out there that can't use common sense, and because of that we all pay.