TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Mmmmm, can't wait to see new night shots of this coaster!

I'm hoping they gave the structure a really awesome lighting package!! Old Mean Streak use to be beautiful at night. I'm just hoping with the newness the lighting also got an upgrade!

(Not that lighting matters at all. But hey, we can hope right?!)

I'm actually hoping the lighting is just enough, but not crazily overdone. Weaving in and out throughout the structure at night with little to no light would be a different experience in itself, IMO. Dim, mining-style lanterns lining the lift hill, with spotlights here and there to accentuate the structure and it's major elements would be perfect.

With all those ridiculous "records," they should've named it "Hybrid Vengeance." Otherwise, looking good! You know those ride ops are going to be hand selected. They will have to be the best of the best.

I'm closely watching this thread in anticipation that someone will post some spy shots of the Steel Vengeance testing. Except that's not what I'm excited about. What really does it for me will be the 50 posts afterwards of people losing their minds about the park's policy violation and respect for the park's privacy, despite the hypocrisy of everyone watching the video.

I'm not encouraging it and it's wrong to the park... That said, I can still enjoy the entertainment that follows, leading up to the inevitable ban. Life is bliss.

I am currently enjoying the meltdowns people are having on social media over Cedar Points first rider ticket sales not working correctly. Hopefully they get it corrected soon though. Hope the event raises a lot of money.

If someone told me it sold it in under 5 minutes that wouldn't surprise me one bit. The Mean Streak RMC conversion has been anticipated since Texas Giant, of course this event will sell out in a record pace. If I were trying to go I'd have as many devices and tabs up as possible ala Lollapalooza ticket release day haha

Edited by PKI Jizzman

I'm closely watching this thread in anticipation that someone will post some spy shots of the Steel Vengeance testing. Except that's not what I'm excited about. What really does it for me will be the 50 posts afterwards of people losing their minds about the park's policy violation and respect for the park's privacy, despite the hypocrisy of everyone watching the video.

I'm not encouraging it and it's wrong to the park... That said, I can still enjoy the entertainment that follows, leading up to the inevitable ban. Life is bliss.

So true!

I am currently enjoying the meltdowns people are having on social media over Cedar Points first rider ticket sales not working correctly. Hopefully they get it corrected soon though. Hope the event raises a lot of money.

I was able to purchase my First Public Train ticket before it all went to crap, but couldn't add my kids' $75 ones immediately after they went on sale. I called, and they said it is a website malfunction, and to keep watching, because they'll go back on sale. In the meantime, everybody needs to KEEP CALM, AND GET EXCITED ABOUT SPENDING EXORBITANTLY FOR A GOOD CAUSE!

I got absolutely SCREWED by their stupid computer glitch! I had purchased my ticket for the first train as soon as they went on sale, and before the site went down. Then I get a call from CP a couple of hours later, saying they had been oversold, and I was bumped to the second train! They gave me the option to get a refund, and I took it, because I'm not paying $250 to be the first loser (2nd place)! However, she guaranteed me 4 tickets to the event, 1 for me, and 3 for my kids, so I'll still be able to go, and I saved some money! lol

It was a crushing blow to think I had a spot on the first train for two hours, only to find out I lost out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, but Christy from CP Customer Service was great, and I understand that this was out of their control, and they did the best they could, considering the circumstances. It's still going to be a great event, and getting to ride SV multiple times, the first night it's open, will still be an amazing experience to share with my kiddos! So thanks, CP, for everything, and I'm looking forward to April 27!

I got absolutely SCREWED by their stupid computer glitch! I had purchased my ticket for the first train as soon as they went on sale, and before the site went down. Then I get a call from CP a couple of hours later, saying they had been oversold, and I was bumped to the second train! They gave me the option to get a refund, and I took it, because I'm not paying $250 to be the first loser (2nd place)! However, she guaranteed me 4 tickets to the event, 1 for me, and 3 for my kids, so I'll still be able to go, and I saved some money! lol

It was a crushing blow to think I had a spot on the first train for two hours, only to find out I lost out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, but Christy from CP Customer Service was great, and I understand that this was out of their control, and they did the best they could, considering the circumstances. It's still going to be a great event, and getting to ride SV multiple times, the first night it's open, will still be an amazing experience to share with my kiddos! So thanks, CP, for everything, and I'm looking forward to April 27!

Good news is you'll still be able to ride it. It's not like they are going to engrave the names of the "first riders" in the seats of the train

That's definitely a bummer, but think of it this way, the track will be more warmed up.

Today has definitely been an emotional roller coaster with not knowing if tickets were sold out, if I'd make getting one or have to change my plans, etc. I ended up having to go to work before they officially went back on sale, and spent the first hour of work refreshing my phone to check. Snatched one up as soon as they became available, come to find out they're still not sold out hours later! I don't mind, though, I was just relieved to get one so I can hang out with DILinator and his family and ride this thing during the event!

I definitely wouldn't be doing this for any coaster, but I'm super stoked to ride this thing as early as I can after watching the construction unfold all this time. Also won't have to worry about opening day crowds now that I'm planning to go to this!