TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

"The Wanted" would most definitely continue the CP trend of totally dumb coaster names after Rougarou and Valravn.

Those names are mythological creatures, they aren't dumb. They are actually related to Gatekeeper. Last 3 coasters names are related I bet you think Leviathan, Behemoth, and Ziz are dumb too, though again related in Mythology.

"The Wanted" would most definitely continue the CP trend of totally dumb coaster names after Rougarou and Valravn.

What's the latest on the lift? We had some progress, but no photos on here in quite a few days. Have they stopped working on it again?

Here you go.

IMG_20170723_180435880_HDR.thumb.jpg.55f816af6fcf7843835451b4537401e6.jpg

Heading to Cedar Point this coming weekend for the first time since 2008 I will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Anyone got any advice on what to ride first? What gets the longest lines? I am expecting it to be crazy busy since it is a weekend in July. Possibly a fast pass?

Those names are mythological creatures, they aren't dumb. They are actually related to Gatekeeper. Last 3 coasters names are related I bet you think Leviathan, Behemoth, and Ziz are dumb too, though again related in Mythology.

Yes, Ziz is incredibly dumb.

I bet you think Leviathan, Behemoth, and Ziz are dumb too, though again related in Mythology.

Spoiler alert: There is no Ziz at Canada's Wonderland, nor will there probably ever be.

Don't be so butt hurt over someone's opinion. You'll exhaust yourself. I personally don't think the names at CP are dumb, but I also don't think their that great. "Rougarou" is a little strange sounding to the average Joe who doesn't give two shits about mythology. Granted, their all better than the countless Batmans, Goliaths, and Supermans. Regardless, if he thinks the names are dumb, who cares?

Heading to Cedar Point this coming weekend for the first time since 2008 I will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Anyone got any advice on what to ride first? What gets the longest lines? I am expecting it to be crazy busy since it is a weekend in July. Possibly a fast pass?

Unless you want to be waiting in long lines for the majority of the day, I'd pony up for the Fast Lane Plus, because God knows hundreds of other people will. Even with Fast Lane Plus we waited about 30 minutes for the larger attractions, while we passed people who looked drained from waiting hours. Work some overtime, mow some yards, or turn some tricks to come up with the $200 bucks or so it will cost.

Sorry for the double post.

Yes, Ziz is incredibly dumb.

I think Jews may disagree, since it like Leviathan and Behemoth are in their religious writings/books as mythological creatures

I bet you think Leviathan, Behemoth, and Ziz are dumb too, though again related in Mythology.

Spoiler alert: There is no Ziz at Canada's Wonderland, nor will there probably ever be.

Don't be so butt hurt over someone's opinion. You'll exhaust yourself. I personally don't think the names at CP are dumb, but I also don't think their that great. "Rougarou" is a little strange sounding to the average Joe who doesn't give two shits about mythology. Granted, their all better than the countless Batmans, Goliaths, and Supermans. Regardless, if he thinks the names are dumb, who cares?

Opinion based on ignorance have no value. The trilogy of Behemoth, Leviathan, Ziz are part of hebrew mythology. They were not chosen at random as someone at CF is into Hebrew mythology. They represent land, water, air. The names were trademarked for the trilogy and Ziz is not improbable, CW just hasn't built a new coaster. Ziz, a wing or dive coaster for a mythological bird creature is likely. Also, there is the fact wing ot dive is what CW is missing from their lineup as they have a flyer, invert, hyper, giga. suspended, launch, woodies, etc...

I'm aware all of those names are based on mythology, am I allowed to have an opinion now?

Leviathan and Behemoth are fine, but when the majority of people have trouble pronouncing the names of your coasters (Rougarou and Valravn) they are dumb, regardless of their meaning.

Opinion based on ignorance have no value. The trilogy of Behemoth, Leviathan, Ziz are part of hebrew mythology.

Oh come on

Imagine if Six Flags named a coaster "Ikiturso" or something and we couldn't call it dumb no matter how ridiculous it sounds to an americans ears just because "It's not a dumb name cause it's from finnish mythology" like no, it's still an overly hard to write and pronounce name for a GP just like Valravn or Rougarou.

You sure have been busy in the few days you've been here haven't you.

EDIT: Imagine being from some non-anglo country and your home park naming a coaster "Banshee" it just doesn't make any sense.

I'm aware all of those names are based on mythology, am I allowed to have an opinion now?

Leviathan and Behemoth are fine, but when the majority of people have trouble pronouncing the names of your coasters (Rougarou and Valravn) they are dumb, regardless of their meaning.

People have trouble pronouncing the names is utter BS, Just b/c you can't may say something about yourself.

Opinion based on ignorance have no value. The trilogy of Behemoth, Leviathan, Ziz are part of hebrew mythology.

Oh come on

Imagine if Six Flags named a coaster "Ikiturso" or something and we couldn't call it dumb no matter how ridiculous it sounds to an americans ears just because "It's not a dumb name cause it's from finnish mythology" like no, it's still an overly hard to write and pronounce name for a GP just like Valravn or Rougarou.

You sure have been busy in the few days you've been here haven't you.

EDIT: Imagine being from some non-anglo country and your home park naming a coaster "Banshee" it just doesn't make any sense.

Obviously a lot of you people had trouble in english class. None of those names are hard to pronounce. You do know this is anglo country, so your last point, as you would say, "is dumb".

Obviously a lot of you people had trouble in english class. None of those names are hard to pronounce. You do know this is anglo country, so your last point, as you would say, "is dumb".

Banshee isn't a dumb name, the point was if a park outside the anglosphere named their coaster "Banshee" it'd be dumb. Also learn to edit your replies so that you dont double post every time.

How's the high horse btw? Is the saddle comfortable?

People have trouble pronouncing the names is utter BS, Just b/c you can't may say something about yourself.

Where did I say I couldn't pronounce them? Come on bruh you're gonna have to try a little harder than that.

Looks like we finally have names for these wanted characters. I wonder if this will be sent out to the media. The bottom card with wording is mostly covered, but if you read closely at the bottom it says "Please RSVP" so that one is the one for announcement day information.

IMG_4088.thumb.PNG.a9cb813a125336b7ef3ec585d531aa0b.PNG

Banshee isn't a dumb name, the point was if a park outside the anglosphere named their coaster "Banshee" it'd be dumb. Also learn to edit your replies so that you dont double post every time.

How's the high horse btw? Is the saddle comfortable?

LOL...Nonsensical. Btw, maybe you have diplopia, there are no double posts but in your mind.