SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 40: Sesame Street Parade, Taumata Racer & more in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Tonight we attended Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld Texas. This was interesting to me because I've only ever been to Howl-O-Scream at a Busch Gardens park and I've always wanted to visit the event at SeaWorld to see what the differences are. Here's some of my notes...

- The event was a legit "Halloween" event. I was expecting it to be a little lighter since it's at a park that attracts a much younger crowd.
- There were a LOT of kids at this event, and the majority seemed to be really having fun and not letting the scares get to them.
- All the mazes were decent, but A couple of the mazes here were REALLY GOOD. Like reminded me when Universal used to do super cool and different stuff like give you a flashlight, or a helmet, etc.
- Are all the hot girls at chain-wide Howl-O-Scream thing??? I don't think I remember seeing this many sexy girls at any other park Halloween event.
- SHAMU'S HALLOWEEN SHOW WAS ***AWESOME!!!***
- It was really weird having "Howl-O--Scream" at "SeaWorld" but at the same time there was something super cool about it!
- This was Kristen's first Halloween event, and while she didn't do any mazes, she had a REALLY good time. The scare zone characters interacted with her quite a bit and she loved it!

Some photos...

We are at SeaWorld Texas checking out Howl-O-Scream! This will be Kristen's first Halloween Event!

We've got our front of the line passes for @howloscreamtx! Should be a great night!

#HowlOScreamTX starts at 7. Before that, kids can trick or treat around SeaWorld!

The monsters have started to come out to play!

Thanks to Kelsey @SeaWorldTexas we are getting all zombied up ready for Howl-O-Scream!

The new Karver's Kradle haunted house was great! Loved the theme and scareactors!

We love coming to @howloscreamtx for the ghouls, but we also love the girls! ;)

Frightmare Forest was one of the longest haunted houses I've done! Super creepy & lots of fun!

By far one of the coolest Halloween shows I've seen is Shamu's Rockin' Creepshow! Loved this!!!

Prey was AWESOME! They hand you a flashlight, Its actually super dark, & the characters top notch! Loved this!

Night rides on @SeaWorldTexas roller coasters are amazing! Another highlight of Howl-O-Scream!

You want demented possessed crazy people? We found them in the ICU!

We found Scarlett! I think she wanted to kill us...

This concludes my first Howl-O-Scream at a SeaWorld park! What a great GREAT event! Highly recommend Halloween at SeaWorld Texas!

I was honestly REALLY IMPRESSED with Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld Texas. Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting a legit haunt event that rivals some of the more popular haunt events to be put on at a SeaWorld park, maybe it was because it was just super cool seeing a Halloween Shamu show, maybe it was because it was Kristen's first real haunt event and she loved it. I dunno. It's probably just because they put on a REALLY GREAT event that's flown a bit under the radar over the years, but if you are ever in Texas and looking for a great Halloween event, this is it!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:49 am.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby BintamiM » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:45 am

Great to hear and see about this event. I've heard good things about it. Hopefully I can make it next year.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:58 am

Jake should know better than to mess around with ninjas.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:10 am

^Hey, at least it didn't hit him in the eye... ;)

But yeah, that looks like a great event! The nighttime Shamu show sounds awesome!

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:59 am

Het TPR! I was here on October 9 2016! It was very less crowded! I bought me a Quick Quene Pass, & got to ride the rides many times as I wanted! I didn't get to ride the water rides but only one time each because I had to leave San Antonio go back home in Houston where I'm always unhappy at! But I really had a good time here, I think I want to come back to sea world sa often! Here are my pictures! This is my very first pictures! Sorry if I Didn't get any good pictures!

1009160933-01.jpg

1009160934-01.jpg

1009160937-00.jpg

1009160957-04.jpg

1009161013-00.jpg

1009161012-03.jpg

1009161016-01.jpg

1009161050-00.jpg

1009161050-01.jpg

1009161056-00.jpg

1009161132-00.jpg

1009161132-02.jpg

1009161148-00.jpg

1009161148-02.jpg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Here's a small video construction update. I can't wait to ride a new INTAMIN coaster in America.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:20 am

nice im planning on going again this year to san antonio because i am so glad that swsa is finally getting a new coaster! i still have a swsa pass to go anytime this year since i last went in october 2016! i hope i can come back to san antonio!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:29 am

Screamscape posted some reader-submitted photos of Wave Breaker construction. I don't care that this is a small ride, I am just thrilled to see a new Intamin going up in the U.S. The drought is over!
WaveBreaker021.jpg
WaveBreaker041.jpg
WaveBreaker051.jpg
WaveBreaker061.jpg
WaveBreaker11.jpg
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:51 am

Sweet! Been meaning to take the kids to this park. Haven't been to San Antonio since 2004, and I've been itching to get back. This and Thunder Rapids over at Fiesta Texas make for some very compelling reasons to go next year....
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:17 am

Great to see its gone vertical!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!