Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Mdcastle » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:38 am

Wait, it actually happens that people pee their pants in haunted attractions?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 am

garyman6 wrote:That's a wrap for the season! I had a blast working in Dark Harvest during Haunt! I will definitely try to come back next year and do it again. I want to give a big shout out to valleyfairfanatic for winning best monster award in his area of expertise. Congrats bro! You were awesome and very deserving! It was pretty cool though how you brought up your mentors and publicly praised them. Very classy!! Everyone did an outstanding job this year! I have to say, I really have a new appreciation for Haunt actors and talent! It is a very demanding job physically and mentally. I was wiped out each night. MEA weekend was brutal by the end of Saturday. It's easy to get discouraged when you get those guests that are like "whatever, this is so stupid". I do have to say that I made more than a few of them jump anyway! :br But it's when you get those guests, which is the vast majority of them, that are there to have a great time and really get into it. Boy did that fire me up! I determined early in the season that the "perfect" scare was when a guest ended up on the ground! I had probably a couple dozen of them! :lmao: I literally had to turn around and laugh out loud. Does anybody have any funny stories from Haunt? I'd love to hear them!

Not entirely the same thing but I worked in rides throughout Haunt season and at the end of ride cycles I would sometimes say on the mic “enjoy your night here at ValleyScare! <evil laughter>” and occasionally some of the guests would get a decent scare out of the evil laughter. ;)

On another note, I’m sad to say I won’t be coming back next year as I’ll be moving out of state in the spring. Looking forward to having/exploring some new home parks but will miss all the good times I’ve have riding and working at Valleyfair.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 am

Mdcastle wrote:Wait, it actually happens that people pee their pants in haunted attractions?

Yep. I had a really good role to scare in so it was pretty consistent.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coreyb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:01 pm

I'm sure the wait in line before going into the maze "primes the pump" as it were. :lmao:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Steel Farce » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:33 pm

at the end of ride cycles I would sometimes say on the mic “enjoy your night here at ValleyScare! <evil laughter>” and occasionally some of the guests would get a decent scare out of the evil laughter. ;)

No they wouldn’t.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby garyman6 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:19 am

So does anyone think that Valleyfair may get a winterfest? I wondering if they were hinting at it during the Scaries awards during the opening act! Canada's Wonderland is starting winterfest next year so it's not out of the question for other northern parks like Valleyfair or Cedar Point. The only thing with Cedar Point is that they aren't really close to a major metro area, its a destination park. Would people come to Cedar Point if they held a winterfest?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby garyman6 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:24 am

valleyfairfanatic wrote:
Mdcastle wrote:Wait, it actually happens that people pee their pants in haunted attractions?

Yep. I had a really good role to scare in so it was pretty consistent.

It does happen. I scared one guy so bad he went down! His wife was laughing hysterically and said she just peed her pants! Had another girl curl up into a ball crying uncontrollably. Her friends had to come and drag her away! Ahhh...good times! :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:31 am

I could see Winterfest at Valleyfair just because it's so close to a major metropolitan area. Don't expect much of a ride lineup but I doubt Wonderland is going to run much of anything either.

garyman6 wrote:Would people come to Cedar Point if they held a winterfest?

Probably not.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Mdcastle » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:26 am

It's possible that's why we're having an off year, so the park can rebuild some restrooms and food stands so they can be used in the winter. A light frost during haunt is one thing but I doubt much of the park is in a condition to be operable after the ground freezes solid.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:31 am

I have heard some rumblings in the jungle that Valleyfair is taking a huge interest in getting their infrastructure up to speed. To be completely honest, it was pretty apparent this year that Valleyfair was not adequately prepared/up to date in a lot of areas other than attractions.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!