Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: EthanM and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Mdcastle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:53 am

Backpacks don't go through the metal detector, they get passed to the side and searched manually. I'd usually bring a backpack in with my swimming suit and towel into the park, and at the beginning of the year they'd look into every little pocket, but by the end they'd just take a quick look through the top of the main compartment. I can see how they'd miss a knife or even a smaller handgun. We're probably talking about something more along the lines of a folding knife as opposed to a 16" bayonet.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sandiego28 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:03 am

Eh...about ValleyScare this year...
The beginning ceremony was boring...
I waited a hour and a half for Zombie High
Undertakers? More like UNDERstaffed. Waited 50 mins for this one. (lol for the parallelism)
MaSCAREade was quite boring...not scary...just acting
Carevil was cool
Mr. Cleavers Bloodshed was the same.
Then lots of fights,
with zero lights.
all yielded for one heck of a fright.
Surprised how ValleyFair has not prepared at all for an event like this. Saw a manager telling an employee that she had no clue what to do. All the lights were off during the evacuation, made it hard to see especially when people are pushing and shoving to get out.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:47 am

CaptainUnknown wrote:^Those metal detectors are complete garbage and serve a more CYA position than anything. I remember stories that said guns have been snuck into CGA.

Cedar Fair metal detectors are the ultimate in security theater.

Last year I accidentally left my portable phone charger and phone in my pocket when going through them at Cedar Point and got through. I no longer even bother taking my keys out at any Cedar Fair Park. I’m convinced that it’s impossible to set them off. I just leave my keys in my pockets now even with a big metal thing on the key ring (surprise, it’s a bottle opener :lol: ) because I know it won’t set it off (it does tell you to leave them in your pocket but I didn’t think that would apply with a giant metal bottle opener on them). Every Cedar Fair Park seems to have them on the same pointless setting.

Six Flags might as well be the TSA...

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Mdcastle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:38 am

Yup. I forgot my keys in my pocket once and set off a metal detector at Six Flags Great Adventure.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby garyman6 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:58 pm

I was working as a scare monster when the park was evacuated. First, Dark Harvest is back in the same location with a different maze and some added extra. So far we have a fully staffed crew ready to scare you. The emergency lights came on around 10:15. About 15 min later after we evacuated Dark Harvest the announcement came that the park was closed. We were not told why officially but what we heard was mostly true about up to 100 kids running around starting fights then hiding when police showed up. Apparently they were jumping fences most likely putting everyone plus themselves in danger. No one that I talked to said there was any weapons despite the rumors that there were. I'm sure it was treated as though there were weapons. Getting out of the park was pretty crazy! I was diverted from 101 cause it was closed to traffic except what was coming out of the park. The atmosphere with all the scare actors was awesome! Everyone was super excited to get started. Come to haunt this year, its gonna be great.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Swishtime101 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 pm

garyman6 wrote:The atmosphere with all the scare actors was awesome! Everyone was super excited to get started. Come to haunt this year, its gonna be great.

:nina: pretty excited myself! :b

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Garyman what attraction are you in? I'm a scare actor as well.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby garyman6 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:10 am

valleyfairfanatic wrote:Garyman what attraction are you in? I'm a scare actor as well.

I'm in Dark Harvest. What about you?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby valleyfairfanatic » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:06 am

I probably can't say because then it would be pretty obvious to everyone who I am, but I can confidently say that you've probably seen me at least once

(I am also in the awakening, but I am not the overlord or DJs)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sandiego28 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Does anybody think anything will be changed after what happened last weekend...?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!