Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster Bro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:36 am

If you did not notice, in previous years the Looping Starship has been open during ValleyScare but not this year. Also the raging rapids ride in soak city near its entrance has been closed for a couple weeks. These two things lead me to thinking that the starship will be removed this season and so will the raging rapids. Also the entrance of soak city will be moved to near mad mouse. Then in 2019 they will begin construction and announce a soak city expansion

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:31 am

^ They were cycling Thunder Canyon yesterday at 11:00 am. Empty cars because it had just finished raining and it was a little cold, but the park was running it. Because of the earlier rain the park was not as busy as usual so I got three straight rides on Renegade without having to depart. They actually had 2 trains running right at opening. And as expected no signs of any construction in the back of the park. Since it looks like a ‘general improvements’ year for 2019 I am hoping High Roller getting a paint job is on the list, it could use one. And the hold break on Steel Venom is still not in operation.
3B4AE02F-CB09-424B-B0D8-789AC102B3AC.jpeg
The park getting ready for Haunt and doing some advertising.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:42 pm

Coaster Bro wrote:If you did not notice, in previous years the Looping Starship has been open during ValleyScare but not this year. Also the raging rapids ride in soak city near its entrance has been closed for a couple weeks. These two things lead me to thinking that the starship will be removed this season and so will the raging rapids. Also the entrance of soak city will be moved to near mad mouse. Then in 2019 they will begin construction and announce a soak city expansion

Where did you hear that Looping Starship won’t be open during Haunt? I don’t see anything about it on the park website.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby EthanM » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:02 pm

VF15 wrote:
Coaster Bro wrote:If you did not notice, in previous years the Looping Starship has been open during ValleyScare but not this year. Also the raging rapids ride in soak city near its entrance has been closed for a couple weeks. These two things lead me to thinking that the starship will be removed this season and so will the raging rapids. Also the entrance of soak city will be moved to near mad mouse. Then in 2019 they will begin construction and announce a soak city expansion

Where did you hear that Looping Starship won’t be open during Haunt? I don’t see anything about it on the park website.

Looping Starship is not listed under rides for Haunt.
https://www.valleyfair.com/valleyscare/haunt/attractions
Home Park - Valleyfair

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:33 pm

EthanM wrote:
VF15 wrote:

Looping Starship is not listed under rides for Haunt.
https://www.valleyfair.com/valleyscare/haunt/attractions

At VF it can be assumed that all rides are open unless explicitly stated otherwise. They don't have Excalibur or Thunder Canyon open, but I can't think of another ride in the main park that closes for the Haunt season.

I'd be surprised if Starship isn't running, but I am curious about what's going on with Raging Rapids.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:48 pm

^
RipCord and The Wave usually close in late September for the rest of the season, but other than those and Excalibur/Thunder Canyon, every other ride in the park has always been running during Haunt season.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Lightning Rod » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:49 pm

I just saw this on the Valleyfairs web app. It says something old is going away...Something new is here to stay? Ideas what this might mean?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Donomike05 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Lightning Rod wrote:I just saw this on the Valleyfairs web app. It says something old is going away...Something new is here to stay? Ideas what this might mean?
humane habitat is being removed and undertakers is taking its place

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Swishtime101 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:51 pm

Donomike05 wrote:
Lightning Rod wrote:I just saw this on the Valleyfairs web app. It says something old is going away...Something new is here to stay? Ideas what this might mean?
humane habitat is being removed and undertakers is taking its place[/quote]

So undertakers is going in where humane habitat used to lie. Sounds like it’s Essentially a maze version of blood creek cementary, but what will happen to the space where blood creek cemetery used to rest? (No pun intended) :lmao:

Plus is anyone else really disappointed that they won’t be having Hacks live back this year? That show was always the sole reason I went to Valleyscare. The mazes and all were great and all, but Hacks was just an amazing funny show.

And does anyone else feel that Picnic Point would be a great place for a maze, or route 76 would be a great place for a scare zone? Or that they could fit in another maze in where the waterpark lies? Valleyscare could have so much other potential; if only they could get the staff. :lol:

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby garyman6 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 am

Last Thursday Sep 6th, 2018 I was walking from the employee parking lot headed for ValleyScare orientation. I snapped this photo of some work going on by Renegade. There was some earth moving equipment doing something heavy over there. I attached a map of the area and circled the area where work was going on. Is it possible that work has begun on the new berm and flood mitigation. This is right where the employee access road would be. Anybody know anything else about this. I'll be back at the park this coming Thursday. I'll report back anything I see.

Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg

Work going on by Renegade.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!