Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 231: six waterslides announced for 2015
Users viewing this topic: danderson83 and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Way Close to Knoebels!

Re: The Six Flags Great Adventure (GADV) Discussion Thread

Postby Josh Linn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:10 am

CPmaverick wrote:It's a shame they won't keep the corkscrews around and do the same thing they did at Alton Towers :( .

The only park I can see really doing this is Cedar Point because theirs is so iconic. i can even see them keeping the corkscrews where they are if/when they remove the ride.

Kinda bittersweet to see GASM get ripped apart like this. Like I've said before, I got a good ride on it years ago, but my ride 2 years ago was hellacious, and that's putting it lightly.

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Re: Valleyfair! (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Vffreak07 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Sounds more Planet sized to me.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Hayzle » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 pm

When does everyone think they will announce the new ride?
I conquered the lazer snake dive loop of flaming death

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:00 pm

A credit's a credit, no matter how small. :lol:
Snoochie Boochie

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:49 pm

Josh Linn wrote:
CPmaverick wrote:It's a shame they won't keep the corkscrews around and do the same thing they did at Alton Towers :( .

The only park I can see really doing this is Cedar Point because theirs is so iconic. i can even see them keeping the corkscrews where they are if/when they remove the ride.

Valleyfair's will be around for a while as well. It's one of only two inverting roller coasters in the entire state, and the only one in the park.
Snoochie Boochie

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Intimidator305 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Vffreak07 wrote:Sounds more Planet sized to me.

Cedar Fair doesn't care about size... Planet Snoopy @ KD has two rides, a splash zone, and a theater... THATS IT, they were too lazy to retheme the whole kiddie area... :roll:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm sorry, I still really don't like the CF parks all going back to Snoopy. Especially the way it was presented to us at CGA about how it's such a great thing and how parents really want to take their kids to a kids area that appeals to them and that they relate to the characters.

No, sorry, I'd much rather bring my kid to a kids area SHE enjoys and SHE knows the characters. Not ones that I constantly have to try to explain to her.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby sros1fan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:24 am

Hayzle wrote:When does everyone think they will announce the new ride?

I Imagine soon because the town meeting for it is tuesday.

1. Administrative Approval – Block: 3101 Lot: 11 – Six Flags Great Adventure is seeking administrative site plan approval to replace the existing Scream Machine attraction with a new Steel Roller Coaster

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/Townhall/Planning%20&%20Zoning/agendas/2010/pb_agenda_08-02-10.pdf

I Love Donkeys!

Postby The Toader » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:41 pm

SharkTums wrote:I'm sorry, I still really don't like the CF parks all going back to Snoopy. Especially the way it was presented to us at CGA about how it's such a great thing and how parents really want to take their kids to a kids area that appeals to them and that they relate to the characters.

No, sorry, I'd much rather bring my kid to a kids area SHE enjoys and SHE knows the characters. Not ones that I constantly have to try to explain to her.

In Minnesota, we still know snoopy a lot more then a place like California. Snoopy was born here. We have statues and all sorts of things spread around the cities and state. So I think it will be really special having our beloved beagle come back from his horrible break off of Camp Snoopy in the Mall of America.
I can understand your point though when Snoopy isn't as big on the West Coast than it is here.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Cavs Fan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:05 am

The Snoop Dog is pretty much the mascot for Cedar Fair. As long as there is a mascot, the kids will enjoy it and whatever it has to offer. Snoopy creating another planet will automatically make his status godly again. CF's just spreading the word.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!