Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz
User avatar
 
Posts: 4545
Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Location: Managing realistic expectations @ SFGreat America
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:36 am

WolfmanfromSUFU wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Best deal right now is the Valleyfair Cares ticket for $35 through their website, plus they donate $1 to the 30 Days Foundation, which I'm not familiar with but appears to be a poverty relief charity.


Unless you're going to get a 2018 Platinum pass (which gets you 1 visit free this year) that's the best I saw, too. I think I'm going to use that VF Cares for Friday's visit.

I'm lucky to make it up once a year, so a season pass wouldn't be worth it for me.
But, I was there today and had a lot of fun. The crowds were small so I had very short waits on most rides. I was surprised to see people bothering to get Fast Lane passes. The only rides with a wait were my first ride on the Power Tower and first ride on Renegade. The Power Tower had a skeleton crew and they were adding the second train to Renegade. I did end up riding many rides twice.
Renegade is by far my favorite now, it's built for constant speed. I use to really like Excalibur, but this time it was almost too rough. I think the High Roller's structure needs some maintenance. I know some movement and swaying is probably normal, but there seemed to be a lot.
North Star was fun and provides an excellent view. I managed to ride it twice.
It did briefly rain in the later afternoon which caused them to shut down Mad Mouse and water park slides, but nothing else.
When I was on the High Roller I noticed a sign and props for Beserkers, I first thought it was maybe a sign of a new ride, but now that I think about it I believe it's related to Haunt. Everything appeared to be running, nothing down for maintenance. I have a few pictures to post, but I'll probably do that tomorrow when I'm less lazy. :)


Awesome thanks for the details! Gets me pumped for tomorrow and the lack of crowds is encouraging.

VF people - does the topspin get you wet/always have water running? I saw it running fountains in a video but it never showed if it hits the gondola.
Cincy -> Chicago

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3277
Joined: 16 Nov 2013
Location: St. Cloud, Minnesota
Gender: Male

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:19 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:VF people - does the topspin get you wet/always have water running? I saw it running fountains in a video but it never showed if it hits the gondola.

RidTipe turns the water off on colder days, otherwise it's always running. How wet you get mostly depends on where you're sitting.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing

Image

Can I park my donkey here?
User avatar
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 18 May 2017
Location: Minnesota
Gender: Male

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby EthanM » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 am

You will get wet on RipTide. Maybe not soaked but definitely wet.
Last edited by EthanM on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:08 pm.
Home Park - Valleyfair

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!
User avatar
 
Posts: 897
Joined: 18 Feb 2013
Location: Edina, MN
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:40 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Awesome thanks for the details! Gets me pumped for tomorrow and the lack of crowds is encouraging.

VF people - does the topspin get you wet/always have water running? I saw it running fountains in a video but it never showed if it hits the gondola.


Had a friend go Monday and he had the same experience as expected. Low crowds due to the State Fair and school starting next week for most kids. He and the kids got on Wild Thing six times in a row and only had to wait for a train twice. They are forecasting a high of 75 and sunny tomorrow so weather should be good for you too. If you have to have the Mad Mouse credit I would start there due to capacity and then work your way around the park with CS next, High Roller, Renegade, Excalibur, Wild thing and Steel Venom in that order. You will walk the entire park to do this path but should be done sometime between 1-2 pm if you are there at opening and have the rest of the day to re-ride what you want and hit some of the thrilling flat rides if you want.

valleyfairfanatic wrote:Wow is it amazing how much the park has changed.


Especially when WT hits the turn around and you can see how empty the area was where Route 76 currently is.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Gender: Male
Age: 35

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby WolfmanfromSUFU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:58 am

The RipTide was the only ride I went on that had water and I got wet. My shoes and socks remained wet the rest of the day. I was considering Thunder Canyon be decided against it. While on High Roller, they stopped the lift because someone was using a smart phone.
As I promised, photos! Photos from Valleyfair trip

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz
User avatar
 
Posts: 4545
Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Location: Managing realistic expectations @ SFGreat America
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am

RCjunkie wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:Awesome thanks for the details! Gets me pumped for tomorrow and the lack of crowds is encouraging.

VF people - does the topspin get you wet/always have water running? I saw it running fountains in a video but it never showed if it hits the gondola.


Had a friend go Monday and he had the same experience as expected. Low crowds due to the State Fair and school starting next week for most kids. He and the kids got on Wild Thing six times in a row and only had to wait for a train twice. They are forecasting a high of 75 and sunny tomorrow so weather should be good for you too. If you have to have the Mad Mouse credit I would start there due to capacity and then work your way around the park with CS next, High Roller, Renegade, Excalibur, Wild thing and Steel Venom in that order. You will walk the entire park to do this path but should be done sometime between 1-2 pm if you are there at opening and have the rest of the day to re-ride what you want and hit some of the thrilling flat rides if you want.

valleyfairfanatic wrote:Wow is it amazing how much the park has changed.


Especially when WT hits the turn around and you can see how empty the area was where Route 76 currently is.


Thanks! VF is a new park for me so I'll definitely hit up the lower capacity rides first and do the back then front ala Cedar Point style. I may do the waterpark because of the numerous drop/tall slides that are there but it's not going to hit 75* until later in the day so I think I am going to skip so I can get all my rides/re-rides in and stop by MOA on the way into the city.

This is my first 'new' Cedar Fair park in 10+ years! Hard to believe that I haven't been outside of Carowinds, KI, or CP yet.

Also, thanks for the notes on Riptide. I do enjoy the HUSS top spins, and they're a bit nostalgic to me due to Tomb Raider:TR but I'm not going on it if I'm going to get wet!
Cincy -> Chicago

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 785
Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Location: The Other side of Nowhere
Gender: Male
Age: 23

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:08 am

VF15 wrote:
PKI Jizzman wrote:VF people - does the topspin get you wet/always have water running? I saw it running fountains in a video but it never showed if it hits the gondola.

RidTipe turns the water off on colder days, otherwise it's always running. How wet you get mostly depends on where you're sitting.


As one who's operated RipTide, I'd recommend leaving all personal items with a non-rider or in the bunnies across the midway. The platform which riders are instructed to leave loose articles on frequently gets wet--especially on windy days. Or just bring waterproof stuff.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz
User avatar
 
Posts: 4545
Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Location: Managing realistic expectations @ SFGreat America
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:57 am

Arriving 20 minutes before opening and being one of the first ones in the park is a great feeling.

I'm wearing a Rick and Morty shirt under a red/blue flanal ✌
Cincy -> Chicago

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz
User avatar
 
Posts: 4545
Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Location: Managing realistic expectations @ SFGreat America
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:26 am

Really impressed with how well Rengade is running and it's not even 70* yet. This ride is great! Classic mid 2007's GCI that's all about quick twists and pops of air. Although Renegade has some solid sustained hills. Love it!
Snapchat-604411969.jpg
Cincy -> Chicago

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!
User avatar
 
Posts: 897
Joined: 18 Feb 2013
Location: Edina, MN
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:23 am

^ I agree, a very fun ride. Glad you enjoyed it, make sure you get a back seat ride. Best coaster in the park for me. Curious to see what you think of other rides and getting your 'weird' coaster credit on Excalibur.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron