TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^ That is pretty cool. Congratulations! I will make sure to wave and yell, "There goes Captain Unknown!" as you drive by. So now that you have achieved that dream is your next one to drive a Zamboni?

5 year plan for valleyfair

2018: water park entrance

2019: removal of starship or dark ride

2020: B&M invert

2021: kids area

2022: thrilling flat rides

I feel like we won't just be getting a "water park entrance", I'm leaning towards the side of getting some new slides that go with the added water park entrance. As Lightning Rod stated a while back one of the park managers had said to him that something exciting is coming for 2018. So that being said I feel like we won't just be getting a new water park entrance, I feel like we will be getting something to go along with that like a new slide complex. Also, I feel like we will be either seeing a wing coaster or an invert in 2019 or 2020 (hopefully 2019). Personally, I would like a wing coaster more because there are inverts everywhere. I'm thinking that this could go in the Dinos Area and go over the entrance like GateKeeper. But that would require major entrance renovations or a brand new entrance. And before anyone starts saying stuff about money Cedar Fair does look at Valleyfair as one of there "Potential Parks" so that could mean that Cedar Fair is looking to put money into Valleyfair in the coming years and we already now 2018 is going to be a big year.

Heres my five year plan:

2018: Added waterpark entrance + more slides

2019: B&M Wing/Invert

2020: General park improvements

2021: A new area is added at the back of the park

2022: Kiddie ride

I think it's also time to get new toll lane plaza something like Kings Island and Carowinds has anyone think it's time to get rid of the old toll booths and get new ones? Also I think they should push the toll lanes further down by the river because on busy days when we have lines of cars coming in it would help with the traffic flow maybe add few more lanes and have a few lanes just for season pass holders to scan there passes like Kings Island has. That would be a improvement to get the park ready for the new B&M inverted/wing front gate coaster. Remember Adult Night look how much traffic was coming into the park all the way from hwy 169 so emagine what a new B&M coaster what type of crowds that would bring in.

^ If they add the proposed new parking lot they will install new toll booths for it. And you would like to think they would choose the new ones like at KI and Carowinds. Once they do that you would assume they would update the current ones at the same time. With the second parking lot you probably wouldn't have have to move the current booths either because you could send heavy traffic to two lots instead of just one. And yes, I would like to see them at VF because they speed up entry into the park for pass holders and online day pass/parking purchases.

On a related note, has anyone seen any construction flags or markings at the park? I just checked the city permits for new construction or demolition and nothing has been issued to VF yet.

Would the new water park entrance and parking lot come with new slides?

Yes it will probably come with a new slide complex and then a mat racer or a tornado slide thing.

And then I think in 2019 a B&M invert will go over the new entrance instead of putting one where Dinosaurs alive is and having go over the main entrance.

^ Nobody really knows and it is very hard to tell right now with so few signs or clues about what is going to happen. They have the approval to expand the park and add a second parking lot. When it will happen, how long it will take and what they will add is all pure speculation at this point. This is why I keep asking anyone if they have seen construction markings/flags or any heavy equipment to start moving/paving the new service road. The moving of the service road, moving wetlands and adding a parking lot is a big project alone that could easily take more than a year. Start throwing in a new attraction(s) and who knows how long this could take or how they space out all the work. This is why I am so curious about an announcement. It will give us an indication of how big and how fast all these proposed changes will happen.

After my first full shift today, I can honestly say that I've control-operated a credit! Granted it was Mad Mouse and I nearly broke it, but I can run a credit! Still waiting on Engineer training, though

Talked to a couple Excalibur ops today, it has been constantly going down for several hours at a time due to mechanical issues. And maybe other associates can corroborate this, but I think I saw a pink flag on the side of the employee access road between Wild Thing and Excalibur.

With everything I keep hearing about the plans, my 2018 speculation goes more and more haywire.But the future is extremely bright for this park nonetheless.

Aside from the orange and pink flags on a few Excalibur supports mentioned a few weeks ago, not much of anything going on back there from what I can see.

^I can confirm that there is a pink flag next to the employee access road, though it's closer to Wild Thing than Excalibur.

Talked to a couple Excalibur ops today, it has been constantly going down for several hours at a time due to mechanical issues. And maybe other associates can corroborate this, but I think I saw a pink flag on the side of the employee access road between Wild Thing and Excalibur.

Thanks for the update guys. The good news is all of those flags are in 'the right places' for the proposed changes so let's hope this big project at least gets started this year. Keep your eyes open. Excalibur has usually been pretty reliable, just not popular. So it is interesting to hear that it is breaking down much more than usual.

^

Is it possible with the removal proposal they didn't do much in terms of upkeep with it over the off season?

(Side Note: I find Excalibur better than most if not all other coasters in the park)

^

Is it possible with the removal proposal they didn't do much in terms of upkeep with it over the off season?

(Side Note: I find Excalibur better than most if not all other coasters in the park)

It could be possible I just don't really understand why they would do it in 2018. Unless our predictions are completely wrong about what is going to happen in 2018. Also, I was at the park this morning and well the entrance was packed with school groups, the lines were out into the parking lot (may have partly been the fact that like all the school kids had bags). That's when I finally realized the Valleyfair entrance area wasn't really made to support huge crowds such as the one's today.

IMG_0328.thumb.JPG.67b1f6e3c3081e53b90b63e80f8083e7.JPG