Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby gp1086 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:06 pm

DirkFunk wrote:
gp1086 wrote:To confirm - there's no fast pass type of option at Lake Compounce? If I have all day (even on a summer Saturday), should I be able to ride pretty much everything, including flats and multiple rides on Boulder Dash?

There's not that much there to make it impossible to hit everything in 11 hours. 4 is probaby sufficent to get a ride on all the big attractions.

Any great seafood joints in the area? Looking for some classic New England seafood even if I need to drive 30-40 minutes.

http://www.chowderpothartford.com

Thank you! Even on a summer Saturday should be ok? Hoping to maybe even hit up the waterpark a bit as well, but that may be ambitious.

Chowder Pot looks good. Love me a great Connecticut style lobster roll.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:57 pm

The worst line you'll see is 45 minutes. You could see that wait on Boulder Dash (if the queue is full), the log flume (if they still only have 3 logs), and Ghost Hunt on the ride side. But there's a good chance those waits will be less at the very beginning and end of the day. Everything else shouldn't have a wait more than 15 minutes.

On the water park side, Mammoth Falls and Lights Out will have the two slowest moving lines. Ride Lights Out first and then Mammoth Falls immediately after the water park opens and you'll save yourself a 30-45 minute wait for each once the crowds hit.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby gp1086 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:The worst line you'll see is 45 minutes. You could see that wait on Boulder Dash (if the queue is full), the log flume (if they still only have 3 logs), and Ghost Hunt on the ride side. But there's a good chance those waits will be less at the very beginning and end of the day. Everything else shouldn't have a wait more than 15 minutes.

On the water park side, Mammoth Falls and Lights Out will have the two slowest moving lines. Ride Lights Out first and then Mammoth Falls immediately after the water park opens and you'll save yourself a 30-45 minute wait for each once the crowds hit.

Super helpful. Thank you!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:15 pm

Sorry to read the reports that this park is in a bit of decline. I'll be in Hartford next week for a work thing and hope to make my first visit here. I'll only have a couple of hours but hopefully on a Tuesday or Wednesday night that should be good enough to get all the credits plus some re-rides on Boulder Dash.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 pm

^ On a weeknight, you shouldn't have too much trouble. Boulder Dash, Zoomerang, and Phobia's queues should be pretty small near closing. Not sure on Wildcat but if you only plan to ride it once, fitting that in is no problem.

Also as a FYI, if you're big into credits you need a kid to ride the Kiddie Coaster.

gp1086 wrote:Super helpful. Thank you!

I forgot about Wildcat. Since I haven't been on a Saturday since ot was retracked and gotten the shorter train, I have no clue what lines for that will be. I doubt it'll be much worse than 30-45 minutes but you'll probably only want to ride it once anyway.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby lil jimmy norton » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm

I am visiting Lake Compounce along with Quassy this weekend. Has there been any improvements over the rest of the summer season? I am excited to visit but a little concerned given what everyone is saying with regards to the quality of the park over recent years.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:59 am

lil jimmy norton wrote:I am visiting Lake Compounce along with Quassy this weekend. Has there been any improvements over the rest of the summer season? I am excited to visit but a little concerned given what everyone is saying with regards to the quality of the park over recent years.

I heard boulder dash has been running well recently

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 am

Same, those at the ERT event said it was running 3 seconds faster than usual. That's a positive sign after it was running a bit sluggish earlier in the year (moreso than past years).

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby lil jimmy norton » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Thanks for the updates. I’ve been wanting to visit for years and am very excited to finally do so.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:02 pm

I was planning to go tonight after work but thunderstorms killed that plan. Looks like tomorrow should be clear and sunny so I'll give it a go then.
Very excited to finally ride Boulder Dash!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!