Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:29 pm

^ The ride being closed for additional track work would be annoying since it essentially was closed for 4 more months than expected. It's really confusing if they are in fact painting now and going to do even more track work.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Coney Island

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:36 pm

^If they are going to do more work, it will be done in the off-season and that is not going to impact if it opens again or not. It is not open now because of the painting and they are installing a new lift motor. I heard that it will have to be running pretty much 100% for it to open again though because they do not want to have to potentially evacuate it at night, although they do want to get more runs in on it before next year. So basically imo it has a roughly 5% chance of opening again this season.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Pear » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 pm

At least there are some good things happening in the park, but they'll need to do a lot to redeem themselves from this horrible season. I doubt they'll ever get another train for BD in the near future, but we can still hope.
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Great night at the park. The Graveyard was excellent as always and Boulder Dash is again showing why it's one of the best night rides anywhere. With one train, the wait hovered around 30-40 minutes all night. Though there was this exchange I had:

Guy- Are they running just one train?
Me- Yeah.
Guy- Where's the other train?
Me- [Pauses- I know the answer but didn't want to freak anyone out.] They aren't using it.
Guy- Why? Shouldn't it be on the track?
Me- Rehab.
Guy- Oh. You think the park would want to run two trains on a busy night.

I just shrugged and stopped there. So to the park's benefit it seems word about the accident didn't really spread.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:11 pm

No More Free Soda For All Lake Compounce Guests

Lake Compounce will no longer offer free soda to all park guests.

For years, the Bristol amusement park has placed soda fountain machines around the grounds and allowed guests to simply pour themselves soft drinks.

According to a news release, Lake Compounce will only offer free soda to Diamond and Platinum season pass holders.

"In order to provide our guests with a superior beverage experience and to decrease on waste, we have decided to make changes to the free soda program," Lake Compounce Director of Marketing Sara Frias said.

The free soda program has been in place since 1999. Park guests will still be able to get free water, Frias said.

The park is offering Black Friday deals on its season passes. The Diamond Season Pass is priced at $89.99 and the Platinum Season Pass is $59.99 during the sale.

Lake Compounce will be celebrating its 172nd season in 2018.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Pear » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks Parques Reunidos you're doing a great job
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:14 pm

And the hits just keep on coming. :roll:
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Sooo Lake Compounce let Boulder Dash get unacceptably rough before fixing it, crashed the trains, Wildcat is still down, the chairlift is permanently closed, and now no free drinks?

Cool............

They had my favorite sugar free option of any fountain too. :(

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:18 pm

The free soda going away wouldn't be so frustrating if it weren't for all the other things the park did recently. The operations were horrendous compared to other seasons, they removed one of their most unique attractions, they barely "renovated" Wildcat at all, and now this. A bunch of the little things that made Lake Compounce stand out from other parks are being removed or ruined.
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Cedar Point, Kennywood
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Maverick
Top 3 Wood Coasters: El Toro, Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Black Widow, Zipper
Top 3 Water Rides: Coal Cracker, Escape From Pompeii, Splash Mountain
167 coasters

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:43 pm

I heard whispers the free soda would be leaving. One of the things I heard was that the park was sick of people taking a beverage, not finishing it, and throwing it out since it led to bees congregating near the trash cans. But there's also the financial side. If the bee thing really was the lone reason, you think in good faith they'd lower the admission to compensate. I would be willing to bet the admission isn't going down (if anything it would go up).

It's no secret 2017 was not their best year. Seeing the Sky Ride close was terrible considering just how unique that ride was. The worst part was that I didn't even get my last ride in May since they implemented a policy this year banning single riders. If only people could be trusted, that ride would probably still be running.

The park did put a lot of track work into Wildcat and I'm glad they tried to fix a classic wooden coaster that was running on the level of Darien's Predator. Those who did ride said it was running a heck of a lot faster, so while it wasn't the smoothest ride, I just want something like Hershey's Wildcat and I'll be happy. I guess I'll get my chance to try it next year. I am shocked they decided to start painting it in October instead of opening it for Graveyard. That's the most baffling thing about the whole Wildcat thing to me. If the track work was complete, they couldn't wait 1 month to start painting?

The Boulder Dash crash is inexcusable and I am as frustrated as everyone else by how strict they were with the one train operations on it. I personally thought the ride was running fantastic when I did ride it. Very fast and wild as usual.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!