Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby DirkFunk » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Chasehat wrote:Sooo they didn't think stopping the other train on the lift was a better idea then letting it run through the course while trying to transfer on the 2nd train? I mean ik they haven't run 2 trains on BD in like a million years but come on how could you have a brain fart like that lol.

When I read Boulder Dash's description, I thought "nah, no way they did that." and then I look at the pictures and yeah, he's right. That's exactly what they did. That's 100% not the protocol for transferring a train onto the ride. Should be park on lift, E-Stop, then put the ride into manual mode, transfer the train into the station, move the transfer train back, and send the lift train around. I should have a better memory of that than their current maintenance people.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby EastCoastn07 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:46 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Phobia runs as well as SFDK's Superman so I was pumped when Lake Compounce added it. I really don't mind if this coaster gets cloned a bunch like the free flies.

For what it's worth SFDK Superman has slightly slower acceleration than Phobia. Phobia is more along the lines of Sky Scream at Holiday Park.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Interesting. It has been 3 years since I have been on Superman and when I first rode it, I had been on less coasters than I have now so I didn't notice the acceleration being different.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:40 pm

For some reason, I really enjoyed Superman at SFDK, yet I've never been excited about these rides being popular clones. It's cool to hear that Phobia is a particularly good version!

Shaking my head about The Accident...hoping for the best and speediest solution.
113 wood+499 steel=612|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby BoulderDash » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:10 am

Boulder Dash is back open! Appears to be the entire blue train running so the damage must not have been too bad. As for the green train... I am guessing they will have to buy a few new cars.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Excellent news!

Great they got it open for the rest of the year and especially today for the Golden Ticket Awards.
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:42 pm

I saw some reports the Sky Ride was open today after being closed for 2.5 months. Can anyone on this site confirm?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:21 pm

The ride is using both the green and blue trains. The back two cars are the original green train, they just repainted it.
Yankee Cannonball <3

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby BoulderDash » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:49 pm

^that is what I thought, the back two cars looked to be painted green cars to me. The restraint mechs and some parts are from the blue train though.

Skyride was open for GTA attendees only. I rode BD once and saw Skyride moving. I went to check it out only to find an employee at the trolley station not letting guests through. Incredibly disappointing.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:36 am

^ That's a bummer it wasn't for everyone. I'm still shocked they're planning on closing it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!