Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby thesman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Do we know anything about 2018? I heard a rumor about power tower getting a second tower.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BoulderDash » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:11 pm

No way that is going to happen. I'm pretty sure they are getting something, but it's likely going to be something in the water park. Or they could be doing another maintenance year, Wildcat needs a lot more work and obviously they are going to have to put some money into Boulder now. They definitely need an addition though because SFNE and Quassy are getting some good stuff.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:19 pm

thesman wrote:I heard a rumor about power tower getting a second tower.

I heard a rumor the log flume is getting a second log.

Seriously though, the park won't even take on the additional costs of running Boulder Dash's second train in the name of capacity. Do you really think they're going to pay to construct, staff and operate a second S&S tower? :lol:

Postby thesman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:36 am

coasterbill wrote:

Seriously though, the park won't even take on the additional costs of running Boulder Dash's second train in the name of capacity. Do you really think they're going to pay to construct, staff and operate a second S&S tower? :lol:

True :lmao: But I can see it, they have a relatively cheap price, and they can transfer the staff that used to be at the sky ride. It would also compete with the thrill rides Quassy and six flags are adding. But I can also see them having a maintenance year after all the problems that have been happening. Also I meant down time not power tower :lmao:

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Samuel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am

thesman wrote:
coasterbill wrote:

True :lmao: But I can see it

Close your eyes! ;)

Postby thesman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:14 am

I could see them having a maintenance year and opening the lake plunge slides that are in storage but not go into the lake and market it as a new ride.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:18 pm

As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby BoulderDash » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Since nobody has posted in a while, I will post a few updates from the park.

Wildcat is still not open (hasn't been open for more than a couple days this year). It is currently being painted by Baynum Painting and looks really nice. I was a little skeptical of the colors but I think it is looking nice. Not the biggest fan of the orange handrails, but the black track looks nice.

4.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

I think there is a very small chance of it opening again this year but it is not looking likely. They are also building a new entrance for the ride that is looking awesome. This is an old pic (and haven't taken a new one during the day) but it is close to completion. They are going to have one of the old PTC cars on the track. The track is now completed and looks identical to coaster track.

1.JPG

BD is running well even, you can feel a slight difference in the cars though if you ride the back two because they are from the green train. I still don't know what is up with the other cars but it wouldn't surprise me if they only have one train ready for next year.

There is some cool theming around the park too. I also noticed some orange flags around the entrance area of BD. I counted 5 scattered between the first part of the quene and the photo booth, and 4 between the quene and Phobia. I think orange markers are usually for underground wiring or electrical work but the ones on the right side are on top of the rocks which is a little strange.

2.JPG

Some PTC chassis appeared next to BD last weekend. I believe they may be from the old red train because they are old looking, rusty, and had a few grey seats/dividers on top which were on the red train.

6.JPG

Here are a few other notes from around the park.
-Ghost Hunts guns still work great despite constant abuse from guests. Some of them have lots of dings in the plastic and I hear them being dropped on every visit by the guests.
-Pirate Ship now has color changing lights on it that look great.
-Wave Swinger is running really well, easily the most forceful swing ride I have been on.
-Skyride's chairs have been removed and are stacked in pieces next to the ride. Still very disappointed in this decision.
-The front entrance area looks the best its ever looked in October. Lots of cool lighting, fog, and theming.
-The Haunted Graveyard is amazing as usual, easily the best haunt in New England. Couple new things here and there including a new swamp with these really cool moving snakes and a few alligators. I noticed some new props in the banshee section and one really cool animatronic that comes down from the ceiling in the manor at the end. The portable looking hospital ending is back and was actually pretty good on my last time through. I wish there was a way to make it look more permanent though. Overall the actors were amazing as well. Definitely try it out if you haven't been through before, totally worth it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Great update! I plan to get down there the weekend before Halloween. I still can't believe I may miss out on Wildcat this year. The colors look odd, but the thing I'm most confused about is that they decided to start painting it during their final month rather than waiting until the offseason.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby BoulderDash » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:26 pm

^Yeah, I thought they were going to do the painting next season. As far as I know, they are planning to do more track work and replace/modify some of the structure of the south turnaround so I think they should have waited with the paint until the work was mostly done. I guess some minor track work here and there won't be too hard to paint in house though.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!