TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening Year for Son of Beast at PKI. Between the breakdowns and the one train operation, we (My little brother and I) were waiting in line almost 9 hours. PKI did supply us with free drinks when we got off the ride, though they should have given out aspirin...

-James "Who also baked in X-Flights line opening year, that sucked!" Dillaman

Superman Ultimate Flight at SFGADV. Always a horribly long wait; slow dispatches. Add to this all the line cutting that goes on at this park and the typical guests all you remember is the line,not the ride.

Superman Ultimate Flight at SFGADV. Always a horribly long wait; slow dispatches. Add to this all the line cutting that goes on at this park and the typical guests all you remember is the line,not the ride.

AMEN! Superman Ultimate Glide at GAdv for me as well. Horrible SLOW ride. Horrible SLOW line. Punk teenagers everywhere... and punk adults too to be fair, just not as many compared to the teens.

While normally I'd say "Dragster, two and a half hours, no shade", I have to say Splash Mountain at Disney World this May. The standby sign said "30 minutes" so me and my friends hopped in line. Of course, Disney would let all of the FastPass people in first and THEN the standby people, so everyone with a FastPass was flying past us. 30 minutes in and and we weren't even halfway to being inside, an hour in and we were finally inside (away from the heat), we got to the stairs about fifteen minutes later, where we stood for another 30 minutes without moving, then finally the FastPassers were gone and the Standby line started moving. Two hours and fifteen minutes, that ride is SO not worth it.

Wow, I just wrote a lot... sorry...

About an hour for Kong at SFMW. Everyone wanted to go on it, it broke down like 3 or 4 times, they were running 1 train, and a lot of it was in the sun.

Usaully I will never wait more than 90 minutes for anything...even Space Mountain.

4 and 1/2 hours for Kingda Ka. It would have been much shorter if it weren't for two breakdowns.

Longest wait without breakdowns would be 4 hours for El Toro.

WOW.... I was just about to post 1 hour for El Toro... When was there a 4 hour line for it? I was there last Saturday and it was maybe about 2 hours.

Must've been when they decided to run 1 train... sorry you had to wait like that. I've been pretty fortunate with El Toro... 32 rides and only one of them I waited more than 30 minutes... and the majority were less than 10.

Some old time members that attended DF @BGE during opening day reported they waited about 3-4 hrs. to ride (no Fast-Pass at this park chain). Sure glad I was working in maintenance and already ridden it about 8 times earlier that morning. The line went past the BBW que-heading towards the Italy bridge.

I would'nt be suprised if several members report on TTD line when it had its opening. Some were saying 6-7 hours or more(?)

El Toro opening day. 1 hour and 1/2 using my exit pass. Estimated time between each train, about 20 minutes.

Kingda Ka on October 29th would've been the worst wait, but i met some incredibly cute girls, so it's one of the best lines i waited on.

TTD is a close 2nd, 3 hour line in scorching heat.

Longest I waited was 2 1/2 hours for Medusa at SFMW. It was unbelievable, there were so many company picnics that day or something. It was just me and my dad, so we rode Medusa then waited another hour for Boomerang, and then called it a day. All the lines were so long, they weren't worth it.

The Riddler's Revenge on May 13, 2006.

- It was Tatsu's opening day

- 8,000 extra people were there due to a gigantic company event

- The misters stopped working the second we got in line

- I still wasn't used to big coasters at all, and I had almost chickened out. Eventually, I got in line. I waited another 3 hours, scared out of my mind.

- And to make things worse, about 3 times throughout the line the ride broke down and they had to cycle empty trains for about 20 minutes

- This being Six Flags Ghetto Mountain, there was line jumping "out the hizzy" (did I say that right? )

But eventually, I got on... and loved it! It's currently my 2nd-favorite coaster, 2nd only to Tatsu...

For me its gotta be the Speed queue at the CF live a few weeks ago, one train operation all day grrr it did reach upto 45 mins at one time, which it pretty poor, as 3 trains would have cleared the queue in 10/15 mins. they put a second train on 40 mins before the park closed.