The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby southpuddle » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:21 am

Viper is in my top 3 at the park - TC is number 1, but then it’s pretty much a three way tie between Revolution, Viper and X2. Second to last row on Viper is my magic seat. The whip over the first drop... pure bliss. Just ride it defensively and soak in the Arrow magic.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:37 am

Well I am glad for X2 and TC being put into refurb. The restraints on X2 were looking very chewed up and kind of gross looking on my FF visit. TC wasn't as bad, but they definitely could use some TLC. Very curious to see if they do any restraint work on the trains or track work on Viper. All 3 stations could use a bit of help in the visual appeal department. Just in general, I think they need to go around to all the coasters and put in shelving for loose articles/drink cups where there is none, like at Crazanity.

FF next year on a Friday. During the day, I doubt FP would be worth it. There is every possibility that all the coasters might be functioning, so that will divide the crowds up nicely.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby t-forty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Don't forget the A's have 4 World Series titles and the Giants have 3...

SteVeUrkle wrote:
joelwee wrote:The way the World Series is going, looks like Revolution is getting a Red Sox retheme in the near future.
Does that count as a new credit?...lol

I will GLADLY allow the BoSox to have their name on the Revolution coaster as such, because that way the only California Baseball team with the most current World Series title is the Anaheim Angels. With Studly Stud Man Mike Trout one can only hope they try to get him a ring before those low-lifes!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 11.54.30 AM.png

couple people get busted ripping off people stuff.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:24 pm

I was at the park today, and here's a ride update.
Rides closed:
Twisted Colossus - working on supports under the track. :cry:
Lex Luthor - Maintenance in catch car riding up with water dummies in the seats. :cry:
X2 - for me no biggy
Viper - ditto see line above.

I was really surprised how many rides still had 2 trains running. Exceptions to this: Ninja, Batman, Goldrusher.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:42 am

We are looking for someone who can attend a media event at Six Flags Magic Mountain for TPR on Nov 17th and post a trip report from it.

If you are interested, please email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com for details.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:19 pm

How long have Green Lantern and Apocolypse been closed? If they've been closed a long time, I'm surprised RCDB hasn't listed either as SBNO
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 pm

cparkes92 wrote:How long have Green Lantern and Apocolypse been closed? If they've been closed a long time, I'm surprised RCDB hasn't listed either as SBNO

Green Lantern closed roughly around the same time Xcelerator closed, in late summer / early fall of 2017. Of course, Xcelerator has since reopened.

I can't speak for Apocalypse, but I rode it last December.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:How long have Green Lantern and Apocolypse been closed? If they've been closed a long time, I'm surprised RCDB hasn't listed either as SBNO

Green Lantern closed roughly around the same time Xcelerator closed, in late summer / early fall of 2017. Of course, Xcelerator has since reopened.

I can't speak for Apocalypse, but I rode it last December.

Apocalypse has been closed since early/mid July of this year. A piece of track was removed from the final turnaround (for some unknown reason) and is still missing. Since that whole area is now closed off for construction, I wouldn't look for it to reopen until West Coast Racers opens.
I was kinda bummed that they didn't get it open for Fright Fest, as it's one of my favorite night rides. I wouldn't shed a tear if Green Lantern was removed, though.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby FaithPlus1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:12 pm

coasterbill wrote:I like Viper. Vortex needs to be loaded onto a rocket and launched into the sun.

Couldn't agree more. Vortex is by far my least favorite coaster. They should change its name to "The Free Abortion Coaster."

PreviousNext