The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:20 pm

coasterbill wrote:Why do people order Stella? It's piss beer that's always priced as if it's something fancy and exclusive. It's Budwesier with a stupid f*cking bottle. I don't care if it's on draft, it should never be (tied for) the most expensive thing on the menu when there are three craft beers and one fake craft beer on the menu. Just order a Bud Light and get over yourself.

Uhhh...you can't be serious if you think Stella tastes anything like a Bud Light. And if it's only going to cost another $1.75 after I'm already paying an arm and a leg for a beer? And it's DRAFT instead of a bottle? DURRR. Yeah, I'm going with the Stella. Everytime.

Don't hate on Stella cause it's got it's own fancy chalice and your beer doesn't.
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Stella Artois > Bud Light/Coors/Kokanee

Just my 5 cents. ;)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled SFMM discussion....
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:21 am

SteVeUrkle wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Why do people order Stella? It's piss beer that's always priced as if it's something fancy and exclusive. It's Budwesier with a stupid f*cking bottle. I don't care if it's on draft, it should never be (tied for) the most expensive thing on the menu when there are three craft beers and one fake craft beer on the menu. Just order a Bud Light and get over yourself.

Uhhh...you can't be serious if you think Stella tastes anything like a Bud Light. And if it's only going to cost another $1.75 after I'm already paying an arm and a leg for a beer? And it's DRAFT instead of a bottle? DURRR. Yeah, I'm going with the Stella. Everytime.

Don't hate on Stella cause it's got it's own fancy chalice and your beer doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 am

Ooooh a "fancy chalice", I stand corrected.

Yeah, give me that amazing Dogfish 90 that tastes great with twice the ABV for 50 cents less please. :lol:

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby moviemansig » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Coastin' thru life wrote:
moviemansig wrote:I have some questions I was hoping could be answered for the new West Coast Racers ride. [1] What's the difference between a zero G roll and a zero G stall? [2] What are high-banked turns and how are they different from overbanked turns? [3] What are over/under near misses? [4] What are meant by track crossovers? Thanks.

(1) zero g roll is basically a roll at the apex of a airtime hill like the 3rd inversion of Scream, zero g stall pauses in roll upside down like twisted or west coast racers.
(2) high- banked turn is just that a turn with alot of bank up to 90 degess, an overbank is a turn where the bank exceeds 90 degress.
(3)near misses, again just like it sounds, ya know, head choppers, weaving close to structures or two trains over and under each other
(4) track crossovers? You're really typing your own answers here....when the tracks cross over (or under) each other, typically referred to on a racing or dueling coaster...

That help?

Yes, it does for the most part. Wasn't really sure about the head choppers part, though. Thanks.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:38 pm

So I didn't really get any pictures on Saturday night due to the excitement and the massive crowds. I did go again on Sunday and managed to get a few pictures. The crowds were somewhat light (on Sunday) considering the event and waits for the mazes werent much longer than 5 minutes. Quick notes: They are offering a season maze pass add on for passholders/members. Unlimited maze access for $35 dollars. Also I found out on Saturday that they do set a limit on how many front of the line passes that they give out for Diamond/Diamond Elite members. Went on Saturday to collect my FOL pass and was told they were "sold out." Sorry in advance for my crappy camera quality.
IMG_20180916_124730154.jpg
Fright Fest is Here!!!
IMG_20180916_132634211.jpg
Pretty sure this is a new sign this year
IMG_20180916_132719544.jpg
New shrooms this year
IMG_20180916_174136474_HDR.jpg
Scenery Around Terrortory Twisted!
IMG_20180916_194950768.jpg
I honestly love the lighting effects this year
IMG_20180916_202601284.jpg
Apocalypse how I miss thee!
IMG_20180916_202910070.jpg
Sewer of Souls is so much better than they mazes they've had there the last couple years! Definitely a must!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Coastin' thru life » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Im all for the park being open 365 days a year but wouldnt make sense especially when school is in to open later and stay open later , like 2-10 or 3-11, bet more people would go... i mean, they close at 6 on Friday. Even if i had a weekday off id rather go during the evening then in the heat of the day...idk, just a thought. Doesnt SFDK have hours like that...i know they do sometimes, they post it on fb

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm

I went today and it was packed. I guess there was no school. I stayed till about 1. Viper is still down for it's refurbishment, Green Lantern is still down, Scream was running one Train, Tatsu was running two trains, one station, and Twisted Colossus was closed with no crew and all trains in the storage building. Just to give an idea, here is the line for Goliath at 10:45am
IMG_20180919_105449_277.jpg

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:25 pm

TatsuXtreme wrote:I went today and it was packed. I guess there was no school. I stayed till about 1. Viper is still down for it's refurbishment, Green Lantern is still down, Scream was running one Train, Tatsu was running two trains, one station, and Twisted Colossus was closed with no crew and all trains in the storage building. Just to give an idea, here is the line for Goliath at 10:45am

Yom Kippur holiday. always packed this day.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:26 pm

How long has Green Lantern been down?

And what kind of refurbishment is Viper getting? (retracking and/or new trains)

PreviousNext