The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: AllenA07 and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby SoCalJasonland » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:49 pm

coasterbill wrote:That's quite a selection. The pricing structure seems overly complicated but I mean... whatever, not my problem.

That said, bit of a tangent here...

Why do people order Stella? It's piss beer that's always priced as if it's something fancy and exclusive. It's Budwesier with a stupid f*cking bottle. I don't care if it's on draft, it should never be (tied for) the most expensive thing on the menu when there are three craft beers and one fake craft beer on the menu. Just order a Bud Light and get over yourself.

PS: Why is water $4.13? I assume there's a bottle deposit in there but like... where do you come up with that number? :lol:

Get the 90 Minute IPA. It's 9% alcohol and tastes great.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Oh yeah, that's the obvious choice there if you're okay with something heavy. I don't want to use the term "good deal" to describe a single bottle of beer that's over $10 but for a Six Flags park that's a great deal. If I were at the park I would totally hit that place up. I would love for Great Adventure to get a bar with that type of selection.

Anyway, sorry for filling up the thread with beer talk and bumping this to the last page. Someone go tell Robb if they want to cover Fright Fest. :lol:

robbalvey wrote:Do we have anyone interested in covering the Fright Fest media event on Saturday? Please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com ASAP!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Yeah that 90 Minute is great. You just have to keep in mind that it's basically two beers. :lol:

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Those prices aren't bad for theme park pricing.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:00 pm

Jew wrote:Those prices aren't bad for theme park pricing.

These are for 12oz though. Last time I was at USH I paid like, $12 for a tall can

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:33 pm

You haven't been to USH in awhile then.

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:38 pm

robbalvey wrote:Do we have anyone interested in covering the Fright Fest media event on Saturday? Please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com ASAP!

I'm gonna be there tomorrow, but unfortunately not till around 8:30 or so as I have to work till 6:30.

Postby moviemansig » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:18 am

I have some questions I was hoping could be answered for the new West Coast Racers ride. [1] What's the difference between a zero G roll and a zero G stall? [2] What are high-banked turns and how are they different from overbanked turns? [3] What are over/under near misses? [4] What are meant by track crossovers? Thanks.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Coastin' thru life » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:10 pm

moviemansig wrote:I have some questions I was hoping could be answered for the new West Coast Racers ride. [1] What's the difference between a zero G roll and a zero G stall? [2] What are high-banked turns and how are they different from overbanked turns? [3] What are over/under near misses? [4] What are meant by track crossovers? Thanks.

(1) zero g roll is basically a roll at the apex of a airtime hill like the 3rd inversion of Scream, zero g stall pauses in roll upside down like twisted or west coast racers.
(2) high- banked turn is just that a turn with alot of bank up to 90 degess, an overbank is a turn where the bank exceeds 90 degress.
(3)near misses, again just like it sounds, ya know, head choppers, weaving close to structures or two trains over and under each other
(4) track crossovers? You're really typing your own answers here....when the tracks cross over (or under) each other, typically referred to on a racing or dueling coaster...

That help?

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Just got to the park for the first night of FRIGHT FEST! So stoked! I'll try to post some pictures later!

PreviousNext