The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5156: DC SUPER HEROES Drop of Doom VR announced!
Users viewing this topic: sprkn_ranger and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:28 pm

coaster_cliff wrote:Yikes. Riddler’s new paint is starting peel off. Hopefully this is just a localized issue and not something that could occur across the entire coaster.

Oh it's nothing, just the ride rejecting such a fugly paint scheme
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jtaudioacc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:44 pm

coaster_cliff wrote:Yikes. Riddler’s new paint is starting peel off. Hopefully this is just a localized issue and not something that could occur across the entire coaster.

doesn't surprise me at all. you just need to look over at batman. what's kind of interesting to me is, baynum painting has done a lot of their coasters. some, like X2 still great 10 years later. but then batman is flaking. i wonder how many different types of prep and paint you can choose from? i see where they just look like they pressure wash the ride. to me, there's no way doing just that will last that long. especially if a ride is spewing grease and what not from the trains over a long period of time.

anyway, i'd hope there's some guarantee there for riddler. that's far too fast imo to be flaking no matter what. 8-10 years, i can understand more.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby MagicMountainMan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Riddler's prep was a power wash. The color you're seeing now is the underlying primer they painted everything before the final coat. It is indeed surprising to see Ridddler's peeling like it is. The corkscrew out of the MCBR has had a spot that started peeling mere weeks after they finished the repaint.

Revolution got the same treatment and I don't think it's peeling anywhere, so maybe it is the type of paint they use, I'm not sure. Surprising indeed...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Superbatboy wrote:

Oh it's nothing, just the ride rejecting such a fugly paint scheme

Smart ride. ;)
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:20 am

Multiple people working on Green Lantern today, adding trims all over the coaster. I mean, I don’t think there’s a 30 foot section of track on that thing without a trim now. It’ll be interesting to see how it rides...

I’m one of the few who’ve always loved Green Lantern. (And yes, I do love rides that make me feel like I’m going to die.)

Oh! And I got this cool shot of Viper at sunset.
AC8F359E-582E-4386-8F0E-66E1F1CF8B98.jpeg

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 am

DBru wrote:Multiple people working on Green Lantern today, adding trims all over the coaster. I mean, I don’t think there’s a 30 foot section of track on that thing without a trim now. It’ll be interesting to see how it rides...

I think we can get a pretty good idea of how it's going to ride... :lol:

That IS very cool! Love the silhouette.
That coaster dad [308] and that coaster kiddo [159]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby SteVeUrkle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 am

Honestly, Viper at Magic Mountain is a very underrated ride and while hated on by most people young and old because of how "rough" it definitely is, to me it is a HUGE symbol in how much the roller coaster industries at the time were pushing the boundaries of taller and faster rides. From Arrow, nonetheless. The biggest problem with Viper is it was basically a Goldrusher technology ride with much bigger, faster, loopier proportions. I don't care what anyone says, a backseat ride on Viper will pretty much tell you exactly what was going on in the early 90's with roller coasters, and the first half is violent and intense, but my gawd so much fun. The last half is just pretty much jerky "let's see how much we can turn you upside down" but still to me that pic of the double corkscrew looking North is iconic.

It is also probably the most photogenic coaster the park has ever had. The rides name fits the coaster tracks angles, and it was in "Baja Ridge" with a dessert theme with CACTI (man those Six Flags guys really knew how to theme rides and areas of a park back then, I miss that!). My very favorite photo of Viper.

https://rcdb.com/25.htm#p=77
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coastin' thru life » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:00 am

DBru wrote:Multiple people working on Green Lantern today, adding trims all over the coaster. I mean, I don’t think there’s a 30 foot section of track on that thing without a trim now. It’ll be interesting to see how it rides...

I’m one of the few who’ve always loved Green Lantern. (And yes, I do love rides that make me feel like I’m going to die.)

Ahh, yes, sux flags answer to all problems....trim breaks

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby RaceBoarder » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 am

Coastin' thru life wrote:

Ya know, you are right to mock them.... I mean, you are on the internets, so you know all about coasters :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Manic Monte » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:45 am

Coastin' thru life wrote:

How incredibly troll-y of you. :lol:

PreviousNext