The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: coasterlvr, KarlaKoaster, RollerCoaster1980 and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri May 12, 2006 7:51 pm

trcg721 wrote:A video from La times. It's the only video ive seen that had a interview with a rider from tpr

Is there a link? I'd love to see that. Also, Turtleggjp, please keep uploading your news videos if you have them!

Thanks!

--Robb

All I want is a chainlift!

Postby pkdcoaster » Fri May 12, 2006 8:01 pm

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/sixflags/24058/

B-roll video features all footage edited, then a raw reverse POV then at the end a full front seat POV

Thank you six flags for the 5 min video, the ride looks great

JEFF
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Fri May 12, 2006 8:11 pm

I will add as well, Rob, you and Elissa did a fantastic job. We had such a great time and Tatsu rocked! I am indebted to you guys for getting us the camp out and early Tatsu rides. Can't thank you guys enough! :airtimer:

I look like Jesus

Postby dws_57 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:03 pm

Hey all;
First off a BIG THANK YOU to Robb and Elissa for all you did for us. Great time for shure. Thanks Chris, for lunch and a place for my gear. (we didn't realize that sfmm was including lunch, so Moose Buger). I tend to ramble when I'm tired hope I didn't bore you too much. :) Good seeing some familiar faces and meeting new one's.
I left MM around 3:30 pm made it home at 10pm. Decided I was awake enough to make it, after I got on the road.
Tatsu is really a great Flyer. (I've only ridden 3, 1 other B and M, though). Front has great views, the bottom of the first hill in the front is good Nice push there. A little longer view of the tower on the roll too. The back is really good everywhere. Pretty intense through the pretzel loop. Fun Coaster really rounds out the SFMM collection. My .02 and wroth every penny. ;)
DWS

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby ZipityDoDog » Fri May 12, 2006 9:38 pm

Robb and Elissa
Yes, my biggest thank you you both for a great time. John your are very welcome for the storage and lunch. Glad to see you made it home ok. Tatsu was the fisrt B&M flyer I had been on and it blew me away. I do agree with great views in the front, but it is all about riding in the back for the intense ride. From pizza to Family Guy, thank again R & E.

trcg721

Postby trcg721 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:03 pm

robbalvey wrote:
trcg721 wrote:A video from La times. It's the only video ive seen that had a interview with a rider from tpr

Is there a link? I'd love to see that. Also, Turtleggjp, please keep uploading your news videos if you have them!

Thanks!

--Robb

http://video.latimes.com/Global/Video/W ... pid=789503

Full Fledged Sauce Enthusiast!

Postby Roachman » Fri May 12, 2006 10:26 pm

Thank You Robb & Elissa!!!!

This was a one of a kind experience. Well organized, food, entertainment, and lots of ERT on Tatsu. The "X-Files" like unveiling of Tatsu with the eerie lighting was Freaking awesome! And to whomever made the Willy Wonka comment when we were let in---I laughed soooooo hard!

I also want to thank Six Flags Magic Mountain for their hosting. It was so cool to let us have an "all you can eat buffet" on Tatsu and then let us have the rest of the park as well!!!

My observations:

Back Seat: High Speed, G's
Front Seat: Mystery, High as H*LL G's on the pretzel

I am going post the video I got off my Tivo of Fox 11 news video once I convert it.

36 hours of no sleep and worth every bit of it!

Thanks again Robb & Elissa for your generosity!!!! You guys went beyond and you rock!!!

Brad

trcg721

Postby trcg721 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:31 pm

Roachman wrote: whomever made the Willy Wonka comment when we were let in---I laughed soooooo hard!
That was funny, I liked the way he said it. We all had a good laugh

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby gunslinger » Fri May 12, 2006 11:08 pm

trcg721 wrote:
Roachman wrote: whomever made the Willy Wonka comment when we were let in---I laughed soooooo hard!

Best part of the campout.

Hahah.
now THIS is podracing.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby simaand » Sat May 13, 2006 12:27 am

gunslinger wrote:
trcg721 wrote:

Best part of the campout.

Hahah.

I would have to agree I wish someone captured him while he was bouncing up and down saying it! I couldn’t stop laughing.

PreviousNext