The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby LaMapa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Tatsu does have 4 ops checking seats during peak season. Any time other than that, both Tatsu and X2 only have 2 ops checking seats. Usually Goliath has 3 ops checking seats, 2 on one side and 1 on the other. I never understood that. And why on Colossus and Goliath do they have to check the seats at the same time?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BlakeCoaster » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 pm

It has always baffled me that this park is willing to dump $20,000,000 on a coaster, but is not willing to allocate the daily funds in order to staff it properly.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:06 pm

^It's Magic Mountain, Duh.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby VTown661 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Tmcdllr wrote:Of all the rides there this situation on this ride is the only one that really bothers me. EVERY TIME I've ridden it it's always the same story, slow/lazy ride ops not paying attention, chatting away with their friends or the other 5 or 6 employees hanging around the panel doing nothing but causing a distraction, texting, all causing the PAYING CUSTOMER to wait... why?.

I'm heading into the parks tomorrow and will try to take notice of employees using cells or texting as its a big no-no and automatic termination for doing so.

I have never noticed this as a issue while in the parks before but then i don't ride Goliath as you have singled out. Seem's like it wont be a issue inside Hurricane Harbor at least on water rides as even I wont pull my phone out around water, but I will trek into SFMM and look around for cell phone abuse as might just be a good day to people watch and drink water.

We only go on a few rides Carousel, Orient Express, and Sky Tower but i shall keep my eyes open.
At times i will do random acts of kindness.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Goliath seems to be the employee hangout.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Eluc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:51 am

LaMapa wrote:Oh, you aren't talking a out this coming Monday.

Well I could probably estimate some waits for you.

X2- if you run fast enough and it opens on time, none. On Tuesday it opened 20 minutes late.
Tatsu- if X2 opened on time, 5 minutes. If X2 opened any more than 5 minutes late, expect a 15-30 minute wait.
Superman - if X2 opened on time, expect a 5 minute wait. If X2 opened late, expect a 15-30 minute wait.
Apocalypse - 10 minutes or less
Riddlers - 5 minutes or less with Single Rider
Green Lantern - 5 minutes or less with Single Rider
Batman - 10 minutes or so
Lex- 5-10 min with Single Rider Line (which doesn't open til noon)
Scream and Colossus - 5-10 minutes each
Goliath - 15-60 min. It's different every day so you may get lucky or you may not. I usually have to wait around 30 minutes.

Nothing else should have anything more than a 10 minute wait.

I'm coming Labor Day Monday... if the waiting time is like you said even on this day I'm ok without FP. About running to the coaster at opening, it's ok when I visit a park with my brother (like in Europa Park last time, we run like crazy to Wodan Timbur Coaster and it was closed :( ). But at MM I'll be on holiday with my girlfriend and she isn't really a coaster fan, actually she's ridden a coaster for the first time last year when I bring here to Disneyland Paris. She already told me she will not ride X2, Tatsu, LL and Superman with me :cry: .
I think I'll try to go as fast as possible to X2 at the beginning then we will see if the FP is needed or not for the rest of the coaster.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JJ728 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 am

Tmcdllr wrote:Goliath seems to be the employee hangout.

From my experience, Riddler's Revenge is the biggest culprit of employees standing around doing nothing.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:32 am

I'd also say Goliath takes the Gold in the "excessive labor usage" category.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Location: In between Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Postby Xceleratorfan96 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:38 am

SFMM yesterday had a full parking lot, but I think most of it was for Hurricane Harbor. SFMM only had over hour waits (consistently) for Lex and Superman....yesterday just sucked because I heard the temps got to almost 120!!!! If you have any questions ask me!!!

BTW for the airtime talk, I got at least 5 seconds of airtime on Goliath!!! :airtime:

And Lex was sexy!!! :lover:

Oh and did I mention Scream was down? And when I asked a worker later he said that Scream has been having a lot of trouble lately..... interesting....

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby rustyinpeace » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Scream! having trouble? That's funny since Scream! is from B&M and they are known to have reliable coasters. This is scarying me Scream!'s one of my favorite rides.
Hi, I'm Rusty and my username was a MISTAKE!!!! I'm not dead! didn't mean to put that![/color]

R.I.P. Deja Vu (2001-2011)

PreviousNext