The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5156: DC SUPER HEROES Drop of Doom VR announced!
Users viewing this topic: coasterbill, Manic Monte, Mike240SX, SFMMGeek27, Truth Hurts and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby SoCalCoasters » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 pm

How bad will the crowds be next weekend on average? I'm going to be taking a friend to the park for the first time, and she and I want to hit as many rides as possible. I was looking at the Gold Flash Pass, but is that even necessary? I haven't been to the park in August in seven years.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:48 pm

^Hmmm...
3874843.jpg
Great Karnak says crowds always bad second week of August when the 11th and 12th fall on this weekend...get Gold Flash Pass!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LaMapa » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:46 pm

^^ Saturday or Sunday? Yesterday was dead for a Sunday. 20 minutes for X2 and 10 for Goliath all day. Saturday I recommend a Gold Flash Pass, Sunday you should be fine. Just follow this plan:

RUN to X2 (if it opens on time or within 2-3 minutes, ride it! If it isn't open during this time, continue to Tatsu.)
Tatsu
Superman
Apocalypse
Riddlers Revenge
Green Lantern Single Rider
Batman
Lex Luthor Single Rider
Colossus
Scream
Goliath
X2 (if you haven't already been on, or you want a second ride, go here around 4-4:30 and get in line).
Viper and anything else

Postby Wes » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 pm

You do have to factor the further into August you go, the busier it gets, as people rush to get in trips they put off the rest of the summer, before school gets back in.

Postby Tmcdllr » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm going next week.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Location: In between Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Postby Xceleratorfan96 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Thursday I am going but I don't care to get on every ride. My group is running to Lex Luthor. The only rides I need to take my friend on are Green Lantern and Superman, those are the only two he hasn't done since he hasn't visited the park since 2009.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JDkikks » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:13 am

Hey so I'm new to TPR forums, but I've always been a huge enthusiast and TPR reader/follower, I just haven't had a reason to post anything myself. But finally, I do have a reason haha so I joined the forums. Anyway, I am visiting SoCal and am heading to Magic Mountain today (Tuesday, the 7th) with my two brothers for the first time since 2009. We're going to be at the park about an hour before opening and want to get everything done, or at least hope to. What do you expect wait times and crowds to be like? Currently, the plan is to run to X2 first thing, then book it over to Lex Luthor. Then Goliath, Colossus, Scream, Batman, etc. Should this work? Or should we instead run to Lex Luthor first thing and then book it to X2 and then Viper, Tatsu, Apocalypse, Superman, etc?

One thing for sure, we won't be doing single rider because we want to ride together. Also, what have average wait times for Lex Luthor been like during the day? I know X2 is hours long (I waited 6 hours for it once back in 2003), but I can't seem to find a solid answer for predicted Lex Luthor wait times. Anyway, if anyone can answer back ASAP before the park opens and we begin running blindly to the rides, that'd be great. Thanks!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:32 am

JDkikks wrote:Hey so I'm new to TPR forums, but I've always been a huge enthusiast and TPR reader/follower, I just haven't had a reason to post anything myself. But finally, I do have a reason haha so I joined the forums. Anyway, I am visiting SoCal and am heading to Magic Mountain today (Tuesday, the 7th) with my two brothers for the first time since 2009. We're going to be at the park about an hour before opening and want to get everything done, or at least hope to. What do you expect wait times and crowds to be like? Currently, the plan is to run to X2 first thing, then book it over to Lex Luthor. Then Goliath, Colossus, Scream, Batman, etc. Should this work? Or should we instead run to Lex Luthor first thing and then book it to X2 and then Viper, Tatsu, Apocalypse, Superman, etc?

One thing for sure, we won't be doing single rider because we want to ride together. Also, what have average wait times for Lex Luthor been like during the day? I know X2 is hours long (I waited 6 hours for it once back in 2003), but I can't seem to find a solid answer for predicted Lex Luthor wait times. Anyway, if anyone can answer back ASAP before the park opens and we begin running blindly to the rides, that'd be great. Thanks!

Ive been watching reported Lex Luthor times and most days it's been hovering around 30-45mins. You should be in good shape today being that it's a Tuesday. I would start with X2 then go to Tatsu and then go to Lex Luthor. Those are your longest potential lines in that order, but unless there's some event or something today I don't think even X2 will get a line much more than an hour at it's peak today.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LaMapa » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:05 am

^What he said. X2, then Tatsu, then Lex Luthor, then Green Lantern, and you are good for the day. I used this plan last Thursday and it worked like a charm! I had to wait about 10 minutes for Lex Luthor when I did this.

I will also be at the park today and running to X2 first. So I might see you there!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:22 am

Just got back from our East Coast trip and there are probably 10 coasters that we rode this week that I'd trade every single coaster at SFMM to get.

Most of the people in our group had never traveled to ride coasters and were amazed at the sheer quality of rides like Intimidator 305, SkyRush, Storm Runner, El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racer, etc.

PreviousNext