The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5236 - CraZantiy Media Day Report!
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot], KarlaKoaster, orangeblue, SingleRiderCam and 19 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Manic Monte » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 am

MagicMountainMan wrote:I'm surprised that it didn't actually close today as that was the target date. We'll see what happens now, hopefully we'll get answers soon!

Revolution will almost certainly reopen before Green Lantern. There is supposedly some litigation going on with Green Lantern right now that hasn't finished. I'm assuming the park will reopen the ride at some point considering they have been very slowly working on it, but I have yet to hear any type of timetable for the ride.

...But let's be honest, does anyone really miss Green Lantern?

Talked to a few Bay employees yesterday who said they've been reassigned new areas starting July 6th. So maybe that when it's happening.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Truth Hurts » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:07 am

Manic Monte wrote:
MagicMountainMan wrote:I'm surprised that it didn't actually close today as that was the target date. We'll see what happens now, hopefully we'll get answers soon!

Revolution will almost certainly reopen before Green Lantern. There is supposedly some litigation going on with Green Lantern right now that hasn't finished. I'm assuming the park will reopen the ride at some point considering they have been very slowly working on it, but I have yet to hear any type of timetable for the ride.

...But let's be honest, does anyone really miss Green Lantern?

Talked to a few Bay employees yesterday who said they've been reassigned new areas starting July 6th. So maybe that when it's happening.

It wIll be interesting to hear what SFMM is going to do with this area. Will be at the park on Wednesday with youth group if any TPR peep's want to hang out?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:53 am

Looking at CraZanity versus Harley Quinn at SFNE, I wonder why Zamperla changed the pendulum arm to square instead of circle for CraZanity but left it as tubular for Harley Quinn.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:59 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:Looking at CraZanity versus Harley Quinn at SFNE, I wonder why Zamperla changed the pendulum arm to square instead of circle for CraZanity but left it as tubular for Harley Quinn.

I always figured those were just covers for the actual structural post so they could do whatever worked cosmetically for the theming.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:28 pm

^Even the connection is square compared to Harley Quinn, it's little nuances like that I love. I just wish I knew the reasoning because it interests me a lot.

Here's Harley Quinn

And here's CraZanity

So the whole swinging mechanism on CraZanity is square whereas Harley's is tubular.

EDIT: I just read that CraZanity is a record breaker, so that's probably why it's different since it's a larger model.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 pm

^ I also wonder if it's a structural choice, due to earthquake requirements.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby CoasterInk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:36 pm

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:So the whole swinging mechanism on CraZanity is square whereas Harley's is tubular.

EDIT: I just read that CraZanity is a record breaker, so that's probably why it's different since it's a larger model.

Could just be easier to manufacture too. I don't think it'll change anything though, and that's what really matters. :p

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:44 pm

Isn't it a custom build, since it is marketed as the "tallest" frisbee? I'm sure that's the reason, sorta like how the mega super loop at SGFAm is a little bulkier.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:53 pm

^Yeah, I realized that after. I didn't know it was larger than the others, but that makes the most sense. That and the earthquakes make the most sense to me.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:58 pm

^I don't think it has anything to do with earthquakes because Wonder Woman at SFDK is also in a very seismic zone and is built just like all the others.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

PreviousNext