The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5156: DC SUPER HEROES Drop of Doom VR announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 12119
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Or move it to a park like Knoebels


:lol: Nah, we're good.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 21810
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 65

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:11 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Or move it to a park like Knoebels or somewhere that seems to know how to operate a ZacSpin properly.


That would be Sweden (Insane) or Finland (Kirnu), I suppose. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 2909
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Location: Logan, UT
Gender: Male
Age: 18

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm one of the few that actually likes Green Lantern quite a bit. Some rides are downright painful, but I've always preferred rides that throw me around a lot (hence why I worship Skyrush), even if it means enduring a little pain. Green Lantern is one of the few coasters that I actually get scared on because I have no idea what kind of ride I'll get.

I wouldn't care THAT much if Six Flags ends up removing it at some point, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed it's closed so often.
Credits: 170
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @west.coast.thrills

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!
 
Posts: 860
Joined: 23 Apr 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2019:
sfgd_joker_01_11x17_600new.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: 22 Aug 2014
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby SFOG1991 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Jew wrote:Valencia was actually nuked on 24... :lmao:

I remember this! I also remember questioning my level of coaster nerd-ness because my biggest concern during the episode was seeing if I could spot the park in the background.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 642
Joined: 04 Nov 2006
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby MagicMountainMan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:02 pm

jonskinny12 wrote:I thought someone said a while back that GL is closed because it's too expensive to run this time of year. It needs additional workers and few people ride it so they just shut it down.

Although I wouldn't mind if they burned it to the ground and replaced it with an open sewer.

Yes, it's closed right now due to cost-saving. The park has been in full cost saving mode for the last few months due to not hitting attendance projections.

However there is also something mechanically wrong with it, but that's not been confirmed.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 20 Jun 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby nivekious » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Hey everybody, does anyone know what's going on with Flash pass pre-sales after Holiday in the park? I'm going to be in LA on a 12 hour layover on January 1st and want to check out as much of the park as I can before it closes at 6, so I figured I would look at a buying a pass, but it looks like the only day in January they are selling passes for is the 27th for some reason? I don't think they're sold out as passes are still available throughout December. Do they just not pre-sell them on some days? Thanks!

Macaroni and Donkey
 
Posts: 59
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Gender: Male

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby SFMMFan76 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 am

MagicMountainMan wrote:
jonskinny12 wrote:I thought someone said a while back that GL is closed because it's too expensive to run this time of year. It needs additional workers and few people ride it so they just shut it down.

Although I wouldn't mind if they burned it to the ground and replaced it with an open sewer.

Yes, it's closed right now due to cost-saving. The park has been in full cost saving mode for the last few months due to not hitting attendance projections.

However there is also something mechanically wrong with it, but that's not been confirmed.


Speaking of cost-cutting... What's up with the Crazanity construction? It looks like it's stalled the last week or two.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 2909
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Location: Logan, UT
Gender: Male
Age: 18

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 am

SFMMFan76 wrote:
MagicMountainMan wrote:
jonskinny12 wrote:I thought someone said a while back that GL is closed because it's too expensive to run this time of year. It needs additional workers and few people ride it so they just shut it down.

Although I wouldn't mind if they burned it to the ground and replaced it with an open sewer.

Yes, it's closed right now due to cost-saving. The park has been in full cost saving mode for the last few months due to not hitting attendance projections.

However there is also something mechanically wrong with it, but that's not been confirmed.


Speaking of cost-cutting... What's up with the Crazanity construction? It looks like it's stalled the last week or two.


I'm still convinced that HangTime will open before CraZanity.
Credits: 170
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @west.coast.thrills

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 587
Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Location: Visalia, California (93291)
Gender: Male
Age: 53

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby scottiemon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:39 am

nivekious wrote:Hey everybody, does anyone know what's going on with Flash pass pre-sales after Holiday in the park? I'm going to be in LA on a 12 hour layover on January 1st and want to check out as much of the park as I can before it closes at 6, so I figured I would look at a buying a pass, but it looks like the only day in January they are selling passes for is the 27th for some reason? I don't think they're sold out as passes are still available throughout December. Do they just not pre-sell them on some days? Thanks!


It really is never a good idea to buy one in advance. As far as I know, they have never sold out, and you can buy one on the day you are there if necessary.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen people with a Flash pass, and the park was not crowded. Add to that, you are only going to be there for that day, and what if it is pouring rain? You bought a pass, and will not be able to use it.

PreviousNext