TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm kinda loving how there is so much uncertainty about the 2019 project. Makes the anticipation for the official announcement more exciting.

Plus it sounds like SF is upping their CapEx spending this year with the rumored new coasters at SFMM and SFGAm. It will be nice to get some new coasters that aren't RMC conversions (not complaining about those at all as they are all awesome) or S&S 4Ds. I just want to see the SF parks add different rides again so it gives me a reason to visit the various parks.

However, I do hope they keep putting the Raptors in smaller parks. A park like SFStl would benefit greatly from getting a Raptor.

SF Capes is not increasing. They have reiterated that on every conf call and investor presentation.it's based on a formula of 9 percent of North American revenue. They have stated the 9 percent is very likely to decrease as revenue growsbecause they are happy with what they get with their current gross ride expenditures. SF was firm even with the new parks or wasn't increasing. More parks same Capex ..that means continued low cost rides and coasters. Same money more mouths to feed

in case there was any doubt about the announcement date.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 5.02.40 PM.png[/attachment]

And before anyone gets too excited about the wording "planning something really big for SFMM", all of the other SF ride announcement promos say exactly the same thing. I really hope SFMM blows us away with the new ride, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

It feels like Crazanity JUST opened... well, because it kinda just did!

Oh. That's right. I forgot the park was even building Crazanity.

Then again, it seems like the park forgot the were building it too so... yeah.

What are the chances the budget for 2019 includes trees?

Probably about as likely as buying dishwashers and reusable plates, cups, silverware for the eateries.

"Waste is a terrible thing to mind"

---

On the coaster front, my previous favorite - Twisted Colossus - is no longer that, having just ridden Steel Vengeance. TC is more interactive (when the trains are dueling) but SV is an even better ride.

If this ride ends up being like the newer air launched coasters like bullet coaster and oct thrust I will be happy, those look pretty good and intense. Anyone had a chance to ride those?

It's hilarious fanboys are still on the debunked Mack going to SFMM notion.

If this ride ends up being like the newer air launched coasters like bullet coaster and oct thrust I will be happy, those look pretty good and intense. Anyone had a chance to ride those?

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post. Those are both S&S coasters not Mack smart guy.

He's back...

Banned every year, back every year...

Just got back from my first visit to the park after moving to SCV this month! It's a gross, dirty place, and it has some of the worst operations I've ever seen, but that ride on X2 at sunset made the whole day worth it. I felt like a rag doll in the best possible way. The last raven turn has a death rattle but I don't think I've ever had more fun on a coaster in my life!

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post. Those are both S&S coasters not Mack smart guy.

Both of you need to keep the conversation respectful.

Now back to speculating....

At the park right now and one thing that keeps bugging me. Everything is SO DIRTY! Like, can't they take a couple nights and pressure wash some areas of the park?

I don't know what the work culture is currently anymore but I worked at the park about 10 years ago, and when I tried to do ANYTHING to make the park a bit more pleasant for the guests (sweep under parts of the station that were visibly dirty, scrape gum off things, take care of an overflowed trash can, etc.) I was repeatedly told "that's not your job, we don't do those types of things, don't spend time doing that." It was infuriating especially the fact that most of these things take less than 5 minutes, and they make a HUGE impact on a guests experience. I'd see employees and even "management" walk past trash without even a second thought.

I really thought as an employee I could make a difference if I just showed everyone how easy it was to make a BIG impact, but I was discouraged, and it sucks to say, but after a while so much discouragement just wears on you and eventually I gave up. It was really frustrating on my part as SFMM has always been my favorite park (after a recent trip to Cedar Point it is becoming less so), and I was enthralled to work there, but the culture of employees was obnoxious, and the management who really didn't seem like they knew what they were doing, and didn't seem to belong managing anyone, just wore me down.

Needless to say, I did not care to be employed there very long.

Sad to see even though the park did have a short stint of quality for a couple years around the Tatsu days, it's back to business as usual. There's a reason I stopped buying a pass and haven't visited the park in over 3 years.

At the park right now and one thing that keeps bugging me. Everything is SO DIRTY! Like, can't they take a couple nights and pressure wash some areas of the park?

My favorite part of SFMM is the dirty walkways from all the vehicles driving on it during the closed hours. Another bonus is the filthy appearance of the trash cans. Are power washers not in the budget?