TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

For those who are still on board with the Mack Rides rumor because of this video (

), please be aware that the German Factory worker misspoke the word 'Carolina' or 'Carowinds' and said 'California' by mistake.

DcgzqTQ.png

Sorry California locals who wanted Mack, looks like the S&S is sounding more and more likely.

The announcement is in 2 days? I'm definitely interested to see what's going to happen in the chain next year. After the amazing additions in the CF chain this year, if I were Six Flags, I'd want to draw back attention with some truly impressive additions. However, I'm certainly ill-equipped to say what's "best" for them, and it seems like they've done pretty well with the moderate-"mediocre," but consistent, additions.

In my mind, I see this going one of two ways: jaw-dropping "buy flights to LA ASAP" new coaster, or massive letdown. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these teasers were for another (larger) Skywarp marketed as a dueling coaster.

The announcement is in 2 days? I'm definitely interested to see what's going to happen in the chain next year. After the amazing additions in the CF chain this year, if I were Six Flags, I'd want to draw back attention with some truly impressive additions. However, I'm certainly ill-equipped to say what's "best" for them, and it seems like they've done pretty well with the moderate-"mediocre," but consistent, additions.

In my mind, I see this going one of two ways: jaw-dropping "buy flights to LA ASAP" new coaster, or massive letdown. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these teasers were for another (larger) Skywarp marketed as a dueling coaster.

The announcement is in 2 days?? Did I miss something?

^Thought I remembered reading something about 08/16/18 but I might be mixing things up.

EDIT: It was in reference to Six Flags America, but usually all the Six Flags parks announce together so I figured SFMM would as well.

Something interesting is going on at SFA that seems to follow up that teaser from last week. First up, a new sign has been added to the black fence around Apocalypse that says "TERMINUS -81618-". Now before all The Walking Dead fans get too excited... I really don't think this is a tie into the show at all, despite the use of the word Terminus. The numbers match up to the same August 16th, 2018 date we saw circled on the calendar.

Screamscape

^Thought I remembered reading something about 08/16/18 but I might be mixing things up.

EDIT: It was in reference to Six Flags America, but usually all the Six Flags parks announce together so I figured SFMM would as well.

Something interesting is going on at SFA that seems to follow up that teaser from last week. First up, a new sign has been added to the black fence around Apocalypse that says "TERMINUS -81618-". Now before all The Walking Dead fans get too excited... I really don't think this is a tie into the show at all, despite the use of the word Terminus. The numbers match up to the same August 16th, 2018 date we saw circled on the calendar.

Screamscape

I guess that could mean the announcement is in two days, but I'm not getting my hopes up (I mean you never know with Screamscape). It could just be a nod to the 16th-National Roller Coaster Day-then again, that would be the perfect day for an announcement.

I'm pretty sure that I read an article that said SF was doing their ride announcement on 8/30/18 at 5am EST, which is in line with how they've done it in prior years. SFA may have their own announcement regarding Apocalypse on 8/16/18, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything about SFMM until 8/30/18.

Update: Here's a link to the announcement date of 8/30 for SFGAdv, so it's pretty safe to assume that will be the date for all the parks.

http://943thepoint.com/six-flags-events-august-2018/

Edited by VegasBaby

For those who are still on board with the Mack Rides rumor because of this video (
), please be aware that the German Factory worker misspoke the word 'Carolina' or 'Carowinds' and said 'California' by mistake.

DcgzqTQ.png

Sorry California locals who wanted Mack, looks like the S&S is sounding more and more likely.

The S&S rumor is fake I can almost guarantee it. Also the two numbers might still be for two different projects since one was on a box for spare parts for a column and the other was on a piece of track. We will have to wait till August 30th to be sure.

The S&S rumor is fake I can almost guarantee it. Also the two numbers might still be for two different projects since one was on a box for spare parts for a column and the other was on a piece of track. We will have to wait till August 30th to be sure.

Awesome, why are you so sure it's not S&S?

I'm pretty sure 10146 is the project number for the Carowinds coaster, that's why it's on both things.

I'm pretty sure 10146 is the project number for the Carowinds coaster, that's why it's on both things.

I have been told SFGAM is getting the S&S and not SFMM so take that as you will.

I have been told SFGAM is getting the S&S and not SFMM so take that as you will.

Cool, does your S&S friend have any details on the SFGAm coaster then?

I'm pretty sure that I read an article that said SF was doing their ride announcement on 8/30/18 at 5am EST, which is in line with how they've done it in prior years. SFA may have their own announcement regarding Apocalypse on 8/16/18, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything about SFMM until 8/30/18.

Update: Here's a link to the announcement date of 8/30 for SFGAdv, so it's pretty safe to assume that will be the date for all the parks.

http://943thepoint.com/six-flags-events-august-2018/

You must be right. Thank you for clearing that up!

I'm kinda loving how there is so much uncertainty about the 2019 project. Makes the anticipation for the official announcement more exciting.

I'm getting that feeling from several other theme parks as well. Either parks are getting a lot better about keeping things under wraps, or maybe there aren't as many exciting 2019 projects as enthusiasts are hoping for.

I'm kinda loving how there is so much uncertainty about the 2019 project. Makes the anticipation for the official announcement more exciting.

Plus it sounds like SF is upping their CapEx spending this year with the rumored new coasters at SFMM and SFGAm. It will be nice to get some new coasters that aren't RMC conversions (not complaining about those at all as they are all awesome) or S&S 4Ds. I just want to see the SF parks add different rides again so it gives me a reason to visit the various parks.

However, I do hope they keep putting the Raptors in smaller parks. A park like SFStl would benefit greatly from getting a Raptor.

Cool, does your S&S friend have any details on the SFGAm coaster then?

launch