TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Uber is your best bet if you don't want to waste hours using public transportation.

Well that pretty much sums up my request, thank you guys!

In looking at some online reviews as of 1/1/2018 the Hilton discounted the shuttle service to Six Flags due to the park going year round and the Hilton unwilling to hire a full time driver. (beats me) I just looked at that Hilton site and it lists "Local Area Transportation". To me that sounds like Six Flags is still in play. Perhaps its just a summer thing. Worse comes to worse you walk up the hill or walk next door to McDonald's and offer someone $5 US dollars and I'm certain you will get a lift.

So there is also the possibility to walk from the hotel? That would be great.

I just want to point out that this walk is going to be close to a mile from the hotel to the front gate and it's uphill most of the way. And I'm not sure if there is actually a sidewalk the entire way but there's plenty of grass on the side. So as long as you're okay with that, you can definitely walk from the hotel to the park.

Side note: I'm glad the L.A. area finally has a Black Bear Diner.

there's been near me by Knott's for like 4 years now.

also, SFMM won the USA Today best park again. but i also think they are the only park i get emails from, or follow on social media that spams for votes. LOL

Hi everybody.... I have some quick questions for you guys. In August this year I will make my very first visit to America from Switzerland. Also I will stay there for two days (Sunday and Monday) in the near Hilton hotel. Can I walk to the park from there or do I need to get a taxi?

Thank you very much for your replies.

As far as needing a Taxi from the Hilton you will not need it. Long as its the Garden Hilton 27710 The Old Rd, heck they are closer than some parking spots at SFMM. Also they offer a free shuttle to main gate from the hotel and pickup service also. Travel from LAX I will look at later.

Thank you so far. That's nice to know about the free shuttle service as I'm staying in the Garden Hilton you mentioned!

Youll love it. No more convenient place to stay for SFMM. It's so nice to be able to just walk back to your room in the afternoon, shower, change, grab a bite, and then go back to the park for the rest of the day nice and refreshed.

Went to the park Tuesday and it was fairly hot and crowded so my friend and I stopped in to see the Kwerk show for the first time...

...it was INCREDIBLE!!! Great music, ridiculously fun choreography, and 4 insane “circus acts.” There was so much talent on stage and the production value faaaar exceeded our expectations. It was so good, we decided to go back later in the day and watch it a second time!

Just wanted to say, don’t miss this! Kwerk (although a cringeworthy title) is really really special, and I’m honestly shocked it exists at Magic Mountain.

Agreed, Kwerk is a high quality show and a great way to escape the heat for a bit. I took a friend to the park for his first visit last July and it ended up being a super hot day. I'm used to warm weather at the park, but it was like 108 or something ridiculous like that. After riding TC a few times (with no lines, due to the heat I'm sure), we ducked into the Kwerk theater to cool off for a bit. Both of us came away impressed with the quality of talent and the overall production value of the show.

I have a feeling that they’ll end up demolishing a good amount of the buildings in Cyclone Bay since they’re never used and are pretty old and use all that extra space made to fit in a rollercoaster of some sort. There’s also a rumor that next month Apocalypse will close down for the rest of the season for a full on retrack and then Roaring Rapids will close down forever to make way for the coaster. I don’t know how true this all is but I thought I’d throw it out there.

I have a feeling that they’ll end up demolishing a good amount of the buildings in Cyclone Bay since they’re never used and are pretty old and use all that extra space made to fit in a rollercoaster of some sort. There’s also a rumor that next month Apocalypse will close down for the rest of the season for a full on retrack and then Roaring Rapids will close down forever to make way for the coaster. I don’t know how true this all is but I thought I’d throw it out there.

Those walls were up when I visited on Tuesday but I figured it was just because those buildings behind them were vacant and run-down. Wasn't one like an oxygen bar or something? That whole area needs a lot of work and serious investment — more than a coat of paint and some new cartoon characters.

milagesfmmtohilton.thumb.jpg.5c01a4c5dc772bc9ef9eb42dc03d6504.jpg

Hilton Garden Inn on The Old Road

Uber is your best bet if you don't want to waste hours using public transportation.

Well that pretty much sums up my request, thank you guys!

In looking at some online reviews as of 1/1/2018 the Hilton discounted the shuttle service to Six Flags due to the park going year round and the Hilton unwilling to hire a full time driver. (beats me) I just looked at that Hilton site and it lists "Local Area Transportation". To me that sounds like Six Flags is still in play. Perhaps its just a summer thing. Worse comes to worse you walk up the hill or walk next door to McDonald's and offer someone $5 US dollars and I'm certain you will get a lift.

So there is also the possibility to walk from the hotel? That would be great.

Okay when you live as close to SFMM as I do and have nothing but time, you Strava it out and see how far a location is. This is from Six Flags main entrance drop off area which is about 37 feet from metal detectors to enter the park. And the end spot is HIlton Garden Inn check in area. So its 4/5th of a mile and elev change of around 140 feet.

I made that walk about 4 or 5 times to and from that Hilton when I was there in 2013. It's definitely doable, but be prepared to be a bit gassed.

Yeah I agree. It's doable, just not fun. Many times I have stayed at the HGI with plans to walk to the park, but then as I got ready to do it I decided I really didn't want to. Plus it makes it that much harder to rest in your room in the middle of the day and come back.

I made that walk about 4 or 5 times to and from that Hilton when I was there in 2013. It's definitely doable, but be prepared to be a bit gassed.

Yeah I agree. It's doable, just not fun. Many times I have stayed at the HGI with plans to walk to the park, but then as I got ready to do it I decided I really didn't want to. Plus it makes it that much harder to rest in your room in the middle of the day and come back.

Now it's a little more dangerous with all the construction going on around the park. No this construction isn't 6 Flags related so don't get excited.

I'm looking forward to being there for the next several days and cooling off from the temps here in Phoenix.