TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

the rare, and i mean rare, times i've left the lift exactly with the other train, it's been way off. it's designed to duel back and forth i think 3-4 times. when it was new, if you left the lift at exactly the same time, you were exactly, side by side going up the double up. that hasn't happened to me at all recently. so there's some friction somewhere. weight, bearings, wheels? who knows.

Yeah, something's changed. I've had tons of good luck getting races on this ride, but I do recall that when the trains crested the lift together, they'd end next to each other as well. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. On my second ride the other day, we were perfectly synced at the top of the lift hill, but our train went speeding on ahead so that all the interaction was missed. The dueling track is a great concept, but I'd be surprised if RMC tried to do something like this again.

Went to the park Sunday...was busier than I thought (2 3/4 parking lot full) but despite that lines were not more than 15-20 minutes.

Was fun to get a few night rides in. I rode X a couple times to end the night and the lights on the ride were off besides just the the lift hill. That isn't normal is it. I'm assuming they are trying to cut costs now that they are open every day? Also noticed rides on others off like Tatsu.

The 2 rides I had on X were the smoothest i've had in years to where I enjoyed it compared to trying not to get hurt. Sat in the front both times inside seat. I usually sit in the back outside seat so maybe that is why it was a big difference!

The 2 rides I had on X were the smoothest i've had in years to where I enjoyed it compared to trying not to get hurt. Sat in the front both times inside seat. I usually sit in the back outside seat so maybe that is why it was a big difference!

Yeah, it might just come down to where you sat, but anecdotally, my rides in 2016 (mostly in inside seats, too) were admirably pain-free. If there is some kind of actual improvement, though, I hope they keep it up.

It would be a no-brainer to go all the way with Diamond Elite. I still would prefer to pay for a full year up front as I like to pay cash rather than give a credit card or access to my bank account. It is a wait and see as to how the chain moves forward on this and if they eventually offer that option to pay all at once. (Anyone without a credit card might be out of luck.) Also - the tiers with the unlimited soft drinks would diminish the value of the Premium Dining pass - also with unlimited soft drinks.

It will be a very interesting Flash Sale later this year for sure.

At any rate I am very happy the chain is trying new options.

It would be a no-brainer to go all the way with Diamond Elite. I still would prefer to pay for a full year up front as I like to pay cash rather than give a credit card or access to my bank account. It is a wait and see as to how the chain moves forward on this and if they eventually offer that option to pay all at once. (Anyone without a credit card might be out of luck.) Also - the tiers with the unlimited soft drinks would diminish the value of the Premium Dining pass - also with unlimited soft drinks.

I feel the same way! I had my ID stolen back in 2001 from an employee at Six Flags. It was HORRIBLE trying to clean that up. I'd rather pay the whole year up front rather than have them touch my CC or Bank!

So I just spoke with a SFMM representative using the online chat feature and she said that the membership prices will never be lower than they are now. She also said that once your purchase the membership, you are locked into that price forever, even if the membership prices go up in the future (which I'm sure they will). The free soft drink feature means that you will get a new unlimited sports bottle each year. I am currently a gold membership holder but she said there's no way to upgrade and that I would have to cancel my current membership to buy the new one.

I am probably going to get the Platinum membership as it comes with the free sports bottle each year and bigger discounts than the gold plus. I am interested to see how often they do exclusive ride times for membership holders and how the first to ride new attractions feature works.

SFMM isn't wasting any time. The main parking lot is being repaved as we speak,

Also all the trash cans in parking lot have all been power washed and look spiffy for the time being.

some of the cans i've seen wouldn't even clean up. well, imo, clean up. lol it would look better if they just left the can part out there.

also, i forget who's social media i saw it on, but along with paving part of the first lot, TC was closed. anyone know if that was just yesterday, or is it down for some kind of maintenance?

Within the next few days they are supposed to be announcing a method of migrating from normal/gold memberships to the new ones, you might want to hold off and see what happens before you cancel and restart

Good to know, I'll hold off on upgrading for a bit. You would think they would have some sort of deal or something for existing membership or pass holders to upgrade to the new memberships.

SFMM isn't wasting any time. The main parking lot is being repaved as we speak, as well as some spot paving all around DC Universe. Good job SFMM!

So, the question is... Are they actually repaving the lot or just adding a surface coat to seal the cracks and make it look new?

Edited by SFMMFan76

SFMM isn't wasting any time. The main parking lot is being repaved as we speak, as well as some spot paving all around DC Universe. Good job SFMM!

So, the question is... Are they actually repaving the lot or just adding a surface coat to deal the cracks and make it look new?

the picture i saw yesterday sure was no ground breaking that i could see. it was only part of the first section too.

So, the question is... Are they actually repaving the lot or just adding a surface coat to deal the cracks and make it look new?

It's MM so...

It's MM so...

Honestly I'm surprised they're not just using a bunch of black latex paint from the Home Depot clearance section.

SFMM isn't wasting any time. The main parking lot is being repaved as we speak

So, the question is... Are they actually repaving the lot or just adding a surface coat to seal the cracks and make it look new?

Speaking like the TV show Gold Rush, the pavers took off the top 6 inches of overburden to get down to bedrock and laid down a sweet area of new asphalt. Unsure if they backed off doing the remaining 1st lot as storm is moving in for next couple of days and they would have just had a Mystic lake in the parking lot