TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

can someone please tell me the cheapest way to buy a ticket for visiting September 22? I have a season pass but my girlfriend needs a ticket. any coupons from Del taco for example?

do you have a Gold pass? it's bring a friend free on the 22nd.

thank you. does that mean it will be crowded?

can someone please tell me the cheapest way to buy a ticket for visiting September 22? I have a season pass but my girlfriend needs a ticket. any coupons from Del taco for example?

do you have a Gold pass? it's bring a friend free on the 22nd.

thank you. does that mean it will be crowded?

i doubt it. not during the day at least. it's been free friend all weekdays after labor day. maybe that's why when i went last wed, the first lot was full instead of half or 2/3rds i thought it would be. lol

The email I received a couple of days ago said the BAFF offer is for today (September 21) or October 9.

those are add on days to what's already available. but yeah, when i got that email, i questioned it because i did remember it being all of september.

fullsizeoutput_1acc.thumb.jpeg.6309b477d840d9d3dd0831f480669677.jpeg

My feeling is that Apocolypse is super high maintenance and I blame the super heavy trains and GCI. I just always felt like the trains tore the ride apart on every cycle, and I know the park tried to help with the retracking, but something smells fishy.

That corner of the park is just cursed with problematic coasters. I blame the earthquake .

My feeling is that Apocolypse is super high maintenance and I blame the super heavy trains and GCI. I just always felt like the trains tore the ride apart on every cycle, and I know the park tried to help with the retracking, but something smells fishy.

That corner of the park is just cursed with problematic coasters. I blame the earthquake .

It's the Psyclone curse..

I'm actually heading to Out on the Mountain tomorrow night. Never gone before... anyone else done it? How crowded will it be? Interestingly, they're opening two of the haunt mazes... any ideas if those will get long lines?

Friday night during fright fest, extremely crowded

The email I received a couple of days ago said the BAFF offer is for today (September 21) or October 9.

those are add on days to what's already available. but yeah, when i got that email, i questioned it because i did remember it being all of september.

Ignore me. I forgot our 2017 passes are from SFDK from our trip last year (only $50 each). I guess I got that email from renewing 2018 with SFMM again. Anyway we're heading to the park in an hour. Right now, the app doesn't show Apocalypse being closed, so maybe we'll get a lap.

FYI for those of you trying to get on Apocalypse during the week, they have been opening the ride late. For the first half of the day the carpenters are working on it, then for the second half of the day they open the ride.

For Fright Fest operating days they should be opening the ride at or around park open.

I did go to Out on the Mountain last night, which is a gay night private party. Got there not long after 6pm, and the lines for most rides were quite short. They did open up two mazes, Vault 666 and Toys of Terror (which their own promotional email called "Tower of Terror" by mistake, lol). Lines were very short there as well. They gave participants a wristband to separate them from the GP. The lines for rides did begin to increase around 10pm, but it was nice to be at Magic Mountain and be surround by (mostly) guys in their 30s+, and not a bunch of high schoolers.

And I must add, I did get two night rides on Apocalypse, and it was surprisingly the best rides I've ever had on it. Harkened back to its opening days. Granted, both rides were in the front seat, so I don't know if it's worse in the back, I didn't want to risk it, lol. But if this keeps up, it could return to being a hidden gem of a favorite that most have written off (including me, for a while--but if this keeps up, not anymore). Plus, I've never been on it at night, and I must say that the lift hill drops you off into a very desolate, dark landscape... we were able to see stars in the sky as we climbed the lift hill. The crest of the hill faces an underdeveloped area of the park, so it felt incredibly isolated. It was unexpectedly cool. I'd love to get more night rides on that! (Granted, at Fright Fest, with a major outdoor maze right next to it, the effect could be diminished. They weren't running that maze last night, so it was nearly totally dark.)

Edited by edgeboy

I did go to Out on the Mountain last night, which is a gay night private party. Got there not long after 6pm, and the lines for most rides were quite short. They did open up two mazes, Vault 666 and Toys of Terror (which their own promotional email called Tower of Terror by mistake, lol). Lines were very short there as well. They gave participants a wristband to separate them from the GP. The lines for rides did begin to increase around 10pm, but it was nice to be at Magic Mountain and be surround by (mostly) guys in their 30, and not a bunch of high schoolers.

And I must add, I did get two night rides on Apocalypse, and it was surprisingly the best rides I've ever had on it. Harkened back to its opening days. Granted, both rides were in the front seat, so I don't know if it's worse in the back, I didn't want to risk it, lol. But if this keeps up, it could return to being a hidden gem of a favorite that most have written off (including me, for a while--but if this keeps up, not anymore). Plus, I've never been on it at night, and I must say that the lift hill drops you off into a very desolate, dark landscape... we were able to see stars in the sky as we climbed the lift hill. The crest of the hill faces an underdeveloped area of the park, so it felt incredibly isolated. It was unexpectedly cool. I'd love to get more night rides on that! (Granted, at Fright Fest, with a major outdoor maze right next to it, the effect could be diminished. They weren't running that maze last night, so it was nearly totally dark.)

Sounds great, I used to really love "P0cky."

I did go to Out on the Mountain last night, which is a gay night private party. Got there not long after 6pm, and the lines for most rides were quite short. They did open up two mazes, Vault 666 and Toys of Terror (which their own promotional email called "Tower of Terror" by mistake, lol). Lines were very short there as well. They gave participants a wristband to separate them from the GP. The lines for rides did begin to increase around 10pm, but it was nice to be at Magic Mountain and be surround by (mostly) guys in their 30s+, and not a bunch of high schoolers.

Having that maze open makes a small difference, but night rides on Apocalypse are great either way! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time on it. I'm excited to try it next week for the first time since the major retracking!

Wasn’t the sky tower at magic mountain originally supposed to be a playboy party house? With the passing of Hefner it would be cool if the Park actually got it reopened in some kind of memory of him. I seriously miss that tower. Spent many hours at WCB up there escaping the heat in the AC feeling like I was designing a park in RCT looking down.

Heading to the mountain tomorrow morning for some rides and then FF at night. What’s the scoop on the crowds? Our hope is both the weekday and heat would keep the people out til night time. Hope for a nice smooth ride on apocalypse

QQ: we have gold passes, what is the cost for the express maze pass? I saw a $32 price from a 3rd party website but not sure how reliable that is.

Also, are there In/out privileges at night?

Wasn’t the sky tower at magic mountain originally supposed to be a playboy party house? With the passing of Hefner it would be cool if the Park actually got it reopened in some kind of memory of him.

It would be nice if they got it reopened for the guests of the park.

Heading to the mountain tomorrow morning for some rides and then FF at night. What’s the scoop on the crowds? Our hope is both the weekday and heat would keep the people out til night time. Hope for a nice smooth ride on apocalypse

QQ: we have gold passes, what is the cost for the express maze pass? I saw a $32 price from a 3rd party website but not sure how reliable that is.

Also, are there In/out privileges at night?

Lets break this down:... Crowds should be minimum until around 3pm when FF peeps start showing up. Be on lookout around 9pm as once Universal sells out (which it has 3/4 times so far this season) the peeps rejected from there seem to show up at SFMM.

Weekday being a Friday sure wont be early arriving crowd and all local schools are in session so should be sweet until around 3 when it will be steady flow into the park.

The Heat is only projected in low 90's and for most locals that's a cooling trend as we had been rolling around 114 so the temp is non issue as they will come.

Apocalypse i would wait to ride until later in the evening when your back in that area to go to the maze Aftermath. There really is nothing in that area of the park to do unless you like fudge at Coaster Candy Company. If you choose to ride Apocalypse during the day ask any ride attendant or security officer if its open as again it would save you a walk to that back side of the park if its not open.

Maze express pass is listed at $32 on the SFMM site for Friday the 29th and season passholes save $5 when the maze pass is purchased at the park.

Yes in / out is available at night just get hand stamp. Of course you will lose your good early parking spot and might be parking in Fillmore when you return.

Wasn’t the sky tower at magic mountain originally supposed to be a playboy party house? With the passing of Hefner it would be cool if the Park actually got it reopened in some kind of memory of him.

It would be nice if they got it reopened for the guests of the park.

The park is always looking for a "marketing opportunity" when refurbishing old rides so this would provide them one to reopen it to the public again... But this is Magic Mountain we are talking about so my hopes aren't exactly too high

^You could say that again. A few years ago I thought it would be GREAT to get Chevy Chase, Linda Carter, KISS, Timothy Bottoms and some other actors who helped make Revolution a movie star... and have them out for a grand re-opening of a restored Revolution. But they went the YOLO route.