TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If anyone's interested, since the temperature is high (As the past few days have been), the VR on Revolution might not be used to prevent the phones from overheating. If anyone feels like dealing with the heat, you can ride it all day without waiting more than a few minutes per ride.

lol I love it! Revo Virtual Reality is garbage!

That being said, why the hell can't the park spend money in providing shade with trees or legitimate permanent overhangs to make sure guests don't have to sit in that grueling sun? They even do it to their own employees. It makes no sense to me. I get it when it's 75 degrees, but once temps go over that and all you're doing is forcing guests to stand in lines with the sun bearing down on them? Holy crap there's no way I'd want any part in that.

It doesn't cost that much to provide shade, but all they ever wanna do is lay down hot as hell concrete!

That being said, why the hell can't the park spend money in providing shade with trees or legitimate permanent overhangs to make sure guests don't have to sit in that grueling sun? They even do it to their own employees. It makes no sense to me. I get it when it's 75 degrees, but once temps go over that and all you're doing is forcing guests to stand in lines with the sun bearing down on them? Holy crap there's no way I'd want any part in that.

It doesn't cost that much to provide shade, but all they ever wanna do is lay down hot as hell concrete!

These are questions we all have... The running joke is that every time they put in a new area they cut down all of the trees and replace them with concrete. This go around was no exception: they ripped out the trees in front of Scrambler, the trees at Waterfront, and the HUGE tree in front of Goldrusher all in the name of sight lines...

^^Where did that notice come from? I haven't seen it yet anywhere else but here.

I just now saw it on SFMM's Twitter too...it was only posted a few hours ago:

(tried posting a mobile screenshot but it didn't want to play :/ )

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis open officially on July 12, "technical rehearsal" July 9 & 10 (remember that means no guarantee if/when it'll be running). The new Metro Park Pub will be open to pass holders tomorrow, and officially on the July 12 with JLBFM.

No details yet, but free admission to anyone coming dressed in full DC character costume, detail will be posted to the Six Flags Magic Mountain website, so if you are interested keep checking their website for details (you will need to sign up).

Look for a report about the new Metro Park Pub coming up!

DSC01336.thumb.JPG.328359f44bf880b39458fab4fbd83439.JPG

DSC01359.thumb.JPG.d119263df93a497258473d88940da606.JPG

Learned something new yesterday. It seems there is a special funnel cake that comes with a TON of mini M&Ms, chocolate syrup and whipped cream that can be used as a snack on the dining pass. I was shocked it was just a snack and not a lunch/dinner since the funnel cakes are so popular (and expensive). The guy behind the register told us they just added it to the dining pass and it's kind of a secret right now since this item isn't even on the menu board. Cool treat from the park, thanks SFMM!

Is the JB's barbecue place that used to be right in front of where JLBfM is still there or did it get replaced by this pub thing?

That BBQ was one of the best places on the dining plan. Going to make a trip out to the park in a couple of weeks......

I bought a gold pass membership on a private sale on 6/30 with no plans on going to the park until the end of August or early September. I am know I am getting charged immediately but it doesn't say anywhere on the voucher or agreement on how soon you need to process in and get your card. Has anyone ever purchased a membership and waited a couple of months before pickup up the membership card without having any issues? Are there any somewhat moderate busy days in the next month that would be even worth a visit?

Is the JB's barbecue place that used to be right in front of where JLBfM is still there or did it get replaced by this pub thing?

That BBQ was one of the best places on the dining plan. Going to make a trip out to the park in a couple of weeks......

The BBQ place is in the same place and has been rethemed to fit in in the new area. It is now called Ace ‘O Clubs.

85F02617-6859-4E3C-8BB7-0DA767CBF1DD-528-0000002A54037BB4.thumb.jpeg.52c0f74ca5c081cb3affd62b1c75ffe8.jpeg

They really need to remove the stupid sky swing. No one rides it because it's not worth the extra cash.

It is a ride i've always wanted to ride, but it is too much! If it was $5 i'd ride it everytime.

i've only done them twice. once at MGM Grand forever ago, and once at Magic Mountain. they're fun. i rarely see no one doing it at Magic Mountain.

Almost 2 weeks is plenty of time. Looks like it's just a bunch of small stuff like pouring cement and painting that can easily be done. So long as the ride is ready inside, I don't doubt those dates.

To be fair GreatAdv's looked like that a week and half prior to opening, and everyone worried there wasn't enough time. It's likely ready to go on the inside, with all hands on deck they can have the outside finished by the announced opening date.

Did they remove JB's BBQ by the Justice League or just rename it? It was one of the best places on the dining pass. I'm not sure where the pub is going, since I haven't been there in several months. I'll be there in a few weeks. Also is Riddler open or will it open with JL?

Almost 2 weeks is plenty of time.

Pic was taken on July 2, empolyee preview on July 9 = 1 week.

That said, I am inclined to agree that if it's only the exterior work that needs to be done, they'll work around the clock and be done in time.