TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

As for Riddler. People complain when they don't paint their coasters, now we're complaining that they're painting them too soon? **Confused**
I think it boils down to "Why did you paint this coaster that didntt need it yet instead of this other coaster that needed it more?"

As for Riddler. People complain when they don't paint their coasters, now we're complaining that they're painting them too soon? **Confused**
I think it boils down to "Why did you paint this coaster that didntt need it yet instead of this other coaster that needed it more?"

Eh, I kinda do think it needed it, along with that whole area getting much needed attention due to the opening of Justice League.

Tatsu desperately needs a paint job, but I'm sure it won't get one until a new ride opens near it.

Also to make Riddler's look different than Green Lantern? Obviously for new people at the park so they don't get confused thinking it is just 1 ride or same etc?

Do a good job and your reward is the ability to wear a black shirt outside in 80-90 degree heat. Seems legit.

It's management's way of ensuring they don't become too efficient. That way, people are still willing to buy the Flash Pass.

Eh, I kinda do think it needed it, along with that whole area getting much needed attention due to the opening of Justice League.

Tatsu desperately needs a paint job, but I'm sure it won't get one until a new ride opens near it.

Eh, most likely not. We all thought they'd repaint Tatsu when Revolution re-opened considering that had gotten a new paint job, yet they left Tatsu untouched.

Judging by those recent pics of Riddler, the faded yellow supper color was indeed a primer. Some of those supports clearly have been painted a much more vibrant yellow. Hallelujah!

True, and it's still fugly

I like how this guys thinks!

Do a good job and your reward is the ability to wear a black shirt outside in 80-90 degree heat. Seems legit.

It's management's way of ensuring they don't become too efficient. That way, people are still willing to buy the Flash Pass.

I like how both of these guys think!

(I'm in an affirming mood today I guess! )

Also to make Riddler's look different than Green Lantern? Obviously for new people at the park so they don't get confused thinking it is just 1 ride or same etc?

Is this actually a thing? The two rides had the same colors but looked completely different. Did people actually think they were the same ride because of the colors?

Is this actually a thing? The two rides had the same colors but looked completely different. Did people actually think they were the same ride because of the colors?

Yes. I have heard it many, many times. Same thing goes with the jumble of orange coasters in Fiesta Village at Knott's.

I spent the latter part of Friday afternoon at the park. I posted earlier in the thread about IsItPacked's prediction that the park would be packed... well, it wasn't. The crowds weren't bad at all. The longest I waited for a ride was 20 minutes (for Lex Luthor and Goliath).

Ride count:

Goldrusher X 1

Lex Luthor X 1

Scream X 1

Twisted Colossus X 1

Goliath X 1

Viper X 2

Tatsu X 2

I took some pics, as well. (And I held my phone horizontally for all of them. )

IMG_2378.thumb.JPG.144f62d388f39593112fec3431b4e0e2.JPG

Since Friday night was a grad night, the second lot was blocked off to make room for the buses, so I had to park in the third lot, even though there weren't many people there.

IMG_2380.thumb.JPG.eab005186e0250dda9a68e17e2ade281.JPG

Scream was broken down when I arrived. Some kind of work was being done on the MCBR. After about an hour, I saw empty trains running, and the ride re-opened by around 5:00 in the evening.

IMG_2381.thumb.JPG.7ec6353f9d46e1d4ec54768e6a4d5d7a.JPG

TC's operations were excellent that day. The trains were perfectly synced when I rode it, both times around.

IMG_2382.thumb.JPG.a28e031b33205f1c355c4636140ac7d0.JPG

A few buses were there during the day.

IMG_2383.thumb.JPG.ce594b66e266e027d6a182167dd6e9be.JPG

Hurricane Harbor's slides testing for Saturday's opening.

IMG_2384.thumb.JPG.545dfbd640b81c6fc2e9e44a7ae49499.JPG

It's hard to believe these were built by the same company. Both are excellent rides, IMO.

IMG_2385.thumb.JPG.54ac0bde0b019ccf623bed2215f5f6fe.JPG

The new paint job at Hurricane Harbor. It's the same yellow being used on Riddler's supports.

IMG_2387.thumb.JPG.1b5111707eced89bc198cf8eb39f9e21.JPG

I can't say this for everywhere in the park, but the planters in Screampunk District are well-maintained.

IMG_2390.thumb.JPG.33b757d2ea3130318e3639bad26a8422.JPG

Tatsu was my last ride of the night. Somebody's phone flew out on the last turn into the station, and somebody's wallet was lying on the platform underneath the MCBR.

IMG_2391.thumb.JPG.d68ef85161e6ff9b32c5711e1ac916ac.JPG

How bow no?

IMG_2394.thumb.JPG.b5e40a317f3585c20f6515463dc0cf32.JPG

Revolution's loop and the fountain were constantly changing color. This was my favorite combination.

IMG_2396.thumb.JPG.4584bb08954b6131acc5e7eba2af8085.JPG

The two Arrow cousins at night.

IMG_2397.thumb.JPG.4b2675e858ae1d180e649c98ad51f5c1.JPG

All the coasters stopped for a break before grad night. Everything was still lit up, which made for some great pics.

IMG_2398.thumb.JPG.47a74fdc444c13a5aecd7766c01cd649.JPG

IMG_2399.thumb.JPG.f1c2054935e5b0601076d8d4f8a70e9e.JPG

There are some times when I'm slightly jealous of my brother who works here, but this was not one of those times; he had to work grad night. I counted 60 buses while walking to the car, and there were more pulling into the lot.

IMG_2400.thumb.JPG.5c8231f8338776c91afad73548e2f068.JPG

The grads entering in the park as I headed home. Good night!

For that t-shirt.... Is that how they speak in the Valencia area?
Valencia is a little expensive but Palmdale / Lancaster area or parts of Los Angeles area visitors might have a taste for it. Did they have Crips and Bloods versions adjacent in red and blue? You don't want to go home to those areas in the wrong color tee-shirt.

It is a good thing you don't know what that means! I barely know who the girl who said that is/does or what show she was on etc. I don't want to know more than seeing her picture a couple times.

I was looking at a picture of Colossus... and I wonder if they could have a "front gate" of the park right there. Avoid that long haul. Any thoughts?

Having a second entrance next to Colossus and Scream is an excellent idea. Therefore, we know it won't happen anytime soon.

As others have said, people who live in Valencia don't go to SFMM. All of my other 'mom' friends and their families all had passes to Disney or Legoland but didn't entertain the thought of bringing their small children to Six Flags. The park doesn't have the best reputation amongst the better areas in the Santa Clarita Valley. For a while they were actively trying to change their image and go after the Valencia residents, but that stopped and they went back to appealing to other demographics.

That t-shirt is different speak than what I would imagine when I think of California and LA...

You'd be surprised. As someone said above, the park is about a 30-minute drive from Palmdale, where a large percentage of the population talks like that. Head south into the San Fernando Valley and you'll meet plenty of people who talk like the girl in your meme.

That t-shirt is different speak than what I would imagine when I think of California and LA...

You'd be surprised. As someone said above, the park is about a 30-minute drive from Palmdale, where a large percentage of the population talks like that.

The 'cash me outside' girl is from the south, they speak with a southern accent in the Antelope Valley?? *confused face*

Head south into the San Fernando Valley and you'll meet plenty of people who talk like the girl in your meme.

Really?? I've lived in the SFV my entire life and never heard anyone talk like that until I watched the movie Clueless. Just because they went to Circus Liquor store in North Hollywood doesnt mean it's an accurate representation