TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

• 2 months later...

A video of the first tests on Pegase Express has been made available on FB by Theme Parks & More

Here's the link:

Additionally, the following album contains few (quite old) pictures of the ride and layout: http://imgur.com/a/Aw7ap

I'd add that a lot of theming elements have been since added along the layout, and the work on the station (which is absolutely massive) is progressing very quickly. I'm personally really excited to see more as I'm sure Parc Asterix will once again deliver an amazingly themed experience.

Official opening has been announced to be on the 10th of June.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I assume the Facebook video was from a Facebook Live post? Facebook Live is super annoying as you can't do landscape videos, even if you turn the camera, so you're actually forced to do vertical videos

These Gerstlauer family coasters look so much fun, though. From the video I assume the backwards section is hidden from the park? If so, that's a nice touch. It's a shame so much of the ride is next to the car park, and the train storage building is so visible, hopefully they'll be able to hide these a bit.

Yep, it was a live. Good call I didn't know Facebook was annoying there.

But anyway the number of people starting to record vertically (the smartphone then tag the video as it) and then only turn it to landscape is too damn high still.

Also no, it's actually the opposite. The backward part is visible from inside the park, as well as a part of the foreward trip. But the first drop and the part next to the parking lot is more or less hidden from park guests.

Yeah, not happy with the trains either, but overall looks like a nice add for Parc Asterix.

I'm looking forward to seeing it with finished scenery and fx. I also hope they do put a lot of trees/bushes to hide the parking and ride maintenance building.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's been an accident at Parc Asterix involving Oxygénarium, their tube-style flume ride and five people have received minor injuries.

From the pictures and (vertical) video it looks like the fibreglass chute has split meaning a boat got stuck at the bottom and following boats piled into it which, like quite a few accidents recently, is something that shouldn't really happen at a first-world theme park.

Photo and video here: http://wonderworldweb.over-blog.com/2017/08/cinq-blesses-legers-dans-l-oxygenarium-du-parc-asterix-ce-lundi-aux-alentours-de-14-heures-dans-l-attraction-aquatique-oxygenarium-u

parkasterix.png.4fb95fe0b0814589b4ac6c8c26a17b78.png

Photo: Wonderworldweb

Yikes that's quite the pile up.

Most water slides don't dispatch the next raft until it splashes down so I'm interested to know how this many rafts were sent down.

I've seen two, maybe three rafts at a time on the slide portion of these rides before, but obviously someone screwed up here and didn't stop the lift and just kept sending more rafts!!!

Edited by SharkTums

Yikes that's quite the pile up.

Most water slides don't dispatch the next raft until it splashes down so I'm interested to know how this many rafts were sent down.

I've seen two, maybe three rafts at a time on the slide portion of these rides before, but obviously someone screwed up here and didn't stop the lift and just kept sending more rafts!!!

I always figured the blocking system on this kind of ride was pretty rudimentary to the point the conveyor belt on the lift is simply on a timer because in theory (cannot emphasise that enough) as the rafts are just inflatables there's not toooooo much that can go wrong as they would just bump into each other, but you would think they would have CCTV or something to at least have a cursory look now and again to make sure that basically every single raft on the entire ride hasn't crashed into each other because the chute has broken

• 8 months later...

Parc Astérix announces spectacular new launched roller coaster

200518asterix1.jpg.f45a902be1b18ecbfef9defae23416bb.jpg

Parc Astérix has announced a spectacular new attraction. The French theme park opens in 2021 a sensational launch roller coaster by the Swiss manufacturer Intamin. Launch coaster Taron in Phantasialand serves as an example.

That is what strategic director Frédéric Dubosc told tonight in the TV program Sept à huit on TV channel TF1. The new roller coaster will feature an LSM launch.

Nothing is known yet about the location, the theme and the layout. However, the director showed a video of Taron at his office.

Source

^Wow that's certainly a nice addition! I haven't ridden taron but it does seem pretty good (and the reviews support this) so if it can serve as an example I'm very interested in knowing how this'll turn out.