Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 75 - Waldameer video mentions a future roller coaster
Users viewing this topic: DJeXeL, Samuel and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!
User avatar
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 am

Rai Fox wrote:Thanks! I'll just have to wait for Knoebels later in the summer for the spectacular park food, then. I'll probably end up giving Sara's a try!

I remember reading about their rain policy here; that was actually one of the deciding factors for making a stop there. I'm fitting it into the middle of a road trip, so there's not really any wiggle room to do it any other day; it's that tuesday or nothing. Knowing it'll almost certainly be open no matter what the weather ends up being is a big plus.

Sara's does tend to have lines if it's a nice day but it's kind of an Erie staple.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 550
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Gender: None specified

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby Rai Fox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

pryonisys wrote:
Rai Fox wrote:Thanks! I'll just have to wait for Knoebels later in the summer for the spectacular park food, then. I'll probably end up giving Sara's a try!

I remember reading about their rain policy here; that was actually one of the deciding factors for making a stop there. I'm fitting it into the middle of a road trip, so there's not really any wiggle room to do it any other day; it's that tuesday or nothing. Knowing it'll almost certainly be open no matter what the weather ends up being is a big plus.

Sara's does tend to have lines if it's a nice day but it's kind of an Erie staple.


I'll be there on a weekday and I can always try to get there at off-hours, so, shouldn't be too terrible. Thanks though!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!
User avatar
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 24 Jan 2017
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 am

Rai Fox wrote:
pryonisys wrote:
Rai Fox wrote:Thanks! I'll just have to wait for Knoebels later in the summer for the spectacular park food, then. I'll probably end up giving Sara's a try!

I remember reading about their rain policy here; that was actually one of the deciding factors for making a stop there. I'm fitting it into the middle of a road trip, so there's not really any wiggle room to do it any other day; it's that tuesday or nothing. Knowing it'll almost certainly be open no matter what the weather ends up being is a big plus.

Sara's does tend to have lines if it's a nice day but it's kind of an Erie staple.


I'll be there on a weekday and I can always try to get there at off-hours, so, shouldn't be too terrible. Thanks though!

No problem, their shakes are very good. I hope you have a great visit. I'd also recommend at least a drive around Presque Isle (it's not very big) if you have time and you're already down there.

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3925
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 am

Rai Fox wrote:Thanks! I'll just have to wait for Knoebels later in the summer for the spectacular park food, then. I'll probably end up giving Sara's a try!

I remember reading about their rain policy here; that was actually one of the deciding factors for making a stop there. I'm fitting it into the middle of a road trip, so there's not really any wiggle room to do it any other day; it's that tuesday or nothing. Knowing it'll almost certainly be open no matter what the weather ends up being is a big plus.


Not only were they open, but they stayed open until 8 pm. Even major parks with favorable rain policies like SFNE probably would have closed earlier.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy and Lake Compounce

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 550
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Gender: None specified

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby Rai Fox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 am

pryonisys wrote:No problem, their shakes are very good. I hope you have a great visit. I'd also recommend at least a drive around Presque Isle (it's not very big) if you have time and you're already down there.


Noted! I should be able to do that. If all goes according to plan I'll be getting there around 6 monday evening, and have all day tuesday there.

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Location: Western NY
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:23 pm

For those interested, I am going to add my recent food reports from Sara's and Schickalay's On The Bay near Waldameer in the 'Good Eating Outside of Theme Parks' thread.
Image

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2269
Joined: 21 Jun 2015
Location: Lansing, MI
Gender: Male
Age: 39

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:03 am

When I went to Waldameer, I had a great meal at Sheetz! :lol:

I'm considering taking my kids to Waldameer later this year. Such a great little park! :b
Image

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 191
Joined: 30 Apr 2014
Location: Crystal Beach, Ontario circa 1969 via the Wabac Machine
Gender: Male
Age: 56

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby Mr.Peabody » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:11 am

The Brewery at Union Station is pretty good, if you're into craft beer. It's also alleged to be haunted. One of their brews is called "Apparition Ale."

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Oct 2017
Location: Erie, PA
Gender: Male
Age: 29

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby _s3_ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am

My wife was at the park today and sent me a picture of the Spider. Currently looks as if its sitting in pieces. Curious if it's just down for maintenance or something larger?
image.jpg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 550
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Gender: None specified

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:00 am

Noooo! One of my absolute favorite flat rides. Still two weeks before I'm there, so it could be running again by then, but that doesn't look good...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: DJeXeL, Samuel and 6 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron