Waldameer Discussion Thread

P. 75 - Waldameer video mentions a future roller coaster
Users viewing this topic: alilstronger and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Waldameer Discussion Thread

Postby JRice92 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Mirroring what others said Xscream and Music Express are must rides.
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby pryonisys » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Cool thing that I saw on the ACE twitter account last night. Looks like Waldameer will be getting a Zamperla Mini Discovery 360 in 2019. It should be interesting as it may be the most thrilling flat ride there (that is all subjective though). No clue where they will fit it but they always seem to fit things in.
It's nice to see additions to the dry side along with all the great additions to Water World that have been going on recently.

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:10 pm

XScream is one of the most terrifying drop towers I’ve ever been on. I don’t know why, but that drop gets me every time!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:37 am

pryonisys wrote:Cool thing that I saw on the ACE twitter account last night. Looks like Waldameer will be getting a Zamperla Mini Discovery 360 in 2019. It should be interesting as it may be the most thrilling flat ride there (that is all subjective though). No clue where they will fit it but they always seem to fit things in.
It's nice to see additions to the dry side along with all the great additions to Water World that have been going on recently.

The ride will be called Chaos and will be located behind the train station in between the two tracks.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby pryonisys » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:31 pm

Myself wrote:
pryonisys wrote:Cool thing that I saw on the ACE twitter account last night. Looks like Waldameer will be getting a Zamperla Mini Discovery 360 in 2019. It should be interesting as it may be the most thrilling flat ride there (that is all subjective though). No clue where they will fit it but they always seem to fit things in.

The ride will be called Chaos and will be located behind the train station in between the two tracks.

Well ok then. I saw the name but didn't know the location, thanks. That will be interesting to have it up there. It's still strange to me how much they're developing that section of the park, but it's great to see. Thanks for the additional info

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby _s3_ » Mon May 14, 2018 10:44 am

The new Discovery sounds great.

Steve Gorman also confirms the addition, stating that the ride is already ordered for 2019 around the 7:00 mark of this Facebook Live video:

https://www.facebook.com/GoErie/videos/10156140589332367/UzpfSTE0NzUyMDgwNTI5NTk1MjoxNjAwNDYxMzczMzM1MjE0/

ACE mentioned a Mini Discovery, but based on Gorman's words, definitely sounds more like a Discovery Revolution (which Screamscape has mentioned).

Great add to the park, IMO. I would like to see the train station moved back a little bit, but not sure if there is a "re-profile" going to happen with that or not. The train station made a lot more sense back in the day prior to the moving of the Scrambler, but now it seems as if the main station is crowding the area a little bit.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby BitterOldHag » Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 pm

^ Thank you so much for sharing that video. I learned a lot about a park I have been visiting for over 20 years, especially hearing a reason as to why the park doesn't remain open after Labor Day. I always thought it had something to do with the campground next door raising a stink, so it's interesting to hear that it was simply a staffing issue. It was also fun to hear Mr. Gorman (Steve) mention that the Ravine Flyer II had over 300,000 riders last year. Makes me wonder what the park's total attendance was. I would not be surprised if it was over 500,000 as the waterpark expansion has really done well for Waldameer.

I am definitely a shill for Waldameer, so for anyone that has plans of travelling through the area and has not yet been to the park, I can't recommend the place enough. :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Great news!

This will be a perfect addition for the park!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Thanks for posting that; it was really fun to watch. I haven't been to this park, but still trying to make it this summer, and it was great seeing a walkthrough and also the trip to the top of RF2's lift. Looks like a really fun park!
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby ajfelice » Mon May 14, 2018 5:24 pm

For clarification on the location, Chaos will be located behind the train station as seen in blue and green in the photo below. Without sharing too much information on what we have in store for the future, the Chaos location could be the start of a multi-attraction expansion southward several years down the road contingent on some other things. What may seem off the beaten path for 2019 will eventually come full circle.

MidiDiscoveryLocation.PNG

Fall operations are not completely off the table, but staffing is a major consideration. If/when the season is extended, the schedule will be similar to Seabreeze or Kentucky Kingdom with the season ending mid to late September. Speaking of staffing, the decline in population in the region is huge red flag going forward as each expansion puts on the extra stress of boosting recruitment efforts.

Lastly, if you haven't ridden Ravine Flyer II in awhile, 2018 is the year to do it. Major re-tracking on both sides of the bridge, bottom of the second drop, and tight turn going into the 90 degree bank has dramatically improved three notorious trouble spots.
Last edited by ajfelice on Mon May 14, 2018 5:54 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!