TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waldameer Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Alabama Adventure, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index.

Official Park Website

Here are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

May 29th, 2006 (Below) - First rumblings that a new coaster is moving forward.

May 16th, 2007 - Township grants final approval for Ravine Flyer

May 21, 2008 - Robb films Ravine Flyer

October 7th, 2008 - Waldameer announces a Zamperla Disk-O for 2009

Febraury 13th, 2010 - Waldameer announces Cashless System for 2010 and Flying Carousel for 2011

November 7th, 2010 - Waldameer adding two kid's rides along with Flying Carousel in 2011

November 23rd, 2011 - List of improvements for 2012

September 17th, 2012 - Music Express coming to Waldameer in 2013

Decmber 19th, 2014 - Waldameer Park mentions a future coaster for the park

August 13th, 2018 - Chaos, a Zamperla Looping Discovery announced for 2019

My uncle, Barry Fey, is one of the top guys for the company Fredrick Steel, he has told me before about a coaster that he is working on that goes through a parking lot in a "Greek gods" park, and sure enough, Hades was buillt. He also told me about a coaster named after a ship in a Santa amusement park with 3 drops over 100 ft. And look, Voyage is here.

Now he is telling me about a GGC coaster in Erie PA. that he is going to start working on, all he can tell me is that it got permission to go over a 4 way overpass. News on what park is getting it will come soon. i guess it will open in 2007/2008. 100% true news, and watch all the info start building up.

-MFJZ-

tee hee the only park in Erie PA, Waldameer..... you lucky bastards

http://www.rcdb.com/locationresult.htm?parkname=&pstatus=141&location=20177&nearlocation=0&nearrange=&search=Search

Edited by larrygator

Isn't this the coaster that Waldameer has been rumored to get for like 10 years now? I thought it was pretty much known that either GCI or Gravity Group would be working on it.

I thought I remembered hearing that recently....

--Robb

The rep from Waldameer attended CoasterBash last year and brought along a model of the ride constructed by CCI. He also said the Gravity Group would be taking over the project.

However, don't look for the next Voyage/Hades, the Ravine Flyer II will be a pretty modest sized coaster. The most exciting part looks to be the low turn after a drop over the "bluff".

Here is a newsclipping stoledn from Paul D.

This could be a great ride if it is built, and it would show that GG won't just build coasters that will be "best new attraction of the year". It sounds like a ride that the entire family can enjoy, and going by the picture, it should have some nice drops and moments of air time.

This would be a perfect fit for Waldameer. The park is already expanding into an Erie area destination with the additions of Steel Dragon (awesome ride) and the Hopkins flume (impressive log ride). I just wish they would improve the atmosphere of the park beforehand. Linejumping and the majority of the people the park attracts are just bad. I have noticed automated/recorded spiels on most rides and a great deal of security guards/police roaming the grounds on my visit this past Monday. Waldameer is heading in the right direction, a new wooden coaster will just speed up the process.

I enjoyed my visit to Waldameer last year, and think they could really profit from the addition of a major coaster. Steel Dragon is good and lots of fun, but its not really a "major" coaster. Granted, its better than Comet, but a full size woodie would be great!

I'm siked about this coaster aswell. You know, Waldameer is always a work in progress. They're always talking about expansion and they definately have potential in becomming a main competitor for Geauga Lake. I just hope Cedar Fair doesn't buy Waldameer....

Edit: Hey, I found something interesting on a FUNWORLD Magazine website.

The ride will feature a 110-foot drop and will be approximately 3,000 feet long, Nelson said. The original blueprints for

the ride were lost in a fire that destroyed the park’s office in 1952, so most of the design work was done from memory.

This is going to be a very big "family" ride I guess.

I'm siked about this coaster aswell. You know, Waldameer is always a work in progress. They're always talking about expansion and they definately have potential in becomming a main competitor for Geauga Lake. I just hope Cedar Fair doesn't buy Waldameer....

Haha....awesome joke. You're joking, right?

-Bryan "needed a good laugh" Wood

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For 2007 Waldermeer in erie Pa. will get not one but two new rides A 140 ft. Drop Tower. And Ravine Flyer a wooden coaster.

The 140 ft. Drop Tower has already broke ground It will be located in between the Tilt A Whril and the Ballroom.

The coaster has not been started but when I was there yesturday employees said work will begin in fall.

You actually have until the 20th to vote on the size of the tower, (90ft. or 140ft.), and to name the new drop tower. There will be prizes given to the winner. The winner will get the first ride on the tower with 11 friends sometime in November, and a fully-catered picnic in '07 for up to 20 people.

www.waldameer.com