Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

P. 71: Indiana Beach announces Larson Super Loop
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:47 am

^I'm a little confused. Is it gone forever or just moving?

I follow this park on FB and I have to say I'm getting pretty tempted to take a trip there. Seems like they're really trying. It's only four hours away. It looks quirky AF and they push their roof top bar area like nobody's business. Are any of the coasters tolerable, or are they all rough?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:52 am

Steel Hawg (because Indiana) is very smooth and a lot of fun. If you haven't been on an S&S El Loco, go. The others I would consider tolerable but I also consider Boss tolerable, so don't take my word for it.

Oh and they make those tacos with ketchup. I'm not shedding a tear as long as they don't touch Fascination.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:59 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Oh and they make those tacos with ketchup.

What the...?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:15 pm

prozach626 wrote:Are any of the coasters tolerable, or are they all rough?

Steel Hawg was perfectly smooth.

Cornball Express was pretty darn smooth and an awesome coaster. It had some outstanding airtime, especially with the buzzbar only trains.

Hoosier Hurricane is pretty bumpy at points but not what I'd call painful.

Lost Coaster is very rough, but the trains are well padded and I feel like it helps make the coaster more of an experience.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby slickpoetry » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:29 pm

I don't think there's ketchup in the hot sauce, but can't say for sure. I never cared for them all that much, but they do have a following of sorts.

They are definitely leaving the park at the end of the year, and that's permanent. I think the owners may try to open up a shop in town, but they haven't announced that at all.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby slickpoetry » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
prozach626 wrote:Are any of the coasters tolerable, or are they all rough?

Steel Hawg was perfectly smooth.

Cornball Express was pretty darn smooth and an awesome coaster. It had some outstanding airtime, especially with the buzzbar only trains.

Hoosier Hurricane is pretty bumpy at points but not what I'd call painful.

Lost Coaster is very rough, but the trains are well padded and I feel like it helps make the coaster more of an experience.

You forgot Tig'rr, which is smooth and a fun ride when it is running.

Otherwise I agree with these assessments. Lost Coaster is such a unique ride.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JT325 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:09 pm

slickpoetry wrote:For those who care about this park, or the food within, The Taco Shoppe (which has always been an independent contractor renting space from the park owners) has announced this will be their last season at Indiana Beach. Future plans for an alternate location are not yet determined.

Wow. That was on the highlights* of a trip to IB, even when the park was awesome. Bummer. But good for them to take their business elsewhere. IB has gone from one of my top 5 parks to one I no longer will visit. I started going to the park in 1990 and stopped my 2-3 yearly visits a couple years ago. It's so sad to see a once superb park run into the ground like that.

*Yes, these strange tacos where no the best thing in the world, but still very good for park food. They used that crumbled Mexican cheese (queso fresco?) and had a yummy red sauce on top. Even if that was ketchup, it was good!
#CPFrontierLift2019

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:12 pm

prozach626 wrote:I follow this park on FB and I have to say I'm getting pretty tempted to take a trip there. Seems like they're really trying. It's only four hours away. It looks quirky AF and they push their roof top bar area like nobody's business. Are any of the coasters tolerable, or are they all rough?

Yeah I don't have any compaints about roughness with this park, their wooden coasters are sweet (lost coaster was closed when I was there, so I can't comment). That on top of the drop tower with maybe the strongest airtime I've ever felt, Fascination, good and cheap food (for a park), and all the flats over the water makes this an awesome park. I'd definitely recommend stopping in - it's not a big park but it's a lot of fun (I actually visited before they got bought out, and I imagine it has only improved since)
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:40 am

I think the new owners really seem to be trying. There's definitely been a big social media push.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!