TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

Zamperla Volare coasters are the worst coaster ever.

The loading is so awkward, the ride has terrible capacity, the whole "human containment cage" is made of hard plastic, the transitions on every part of the ride are just awful...And they somehow sold multiples of it. There is no way to brace yourself from feeling some pain. And the pain beats the thrill of it. Worst coaster ever!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeus has been the worst in recent years for me; nothing has come close to it.

Coast Rider left me swearing and pissed off because of that shin bar. Once I sat in the car I knew I was in for a world of hurt. I don't know why the car felt so claustrophobic compared to other wild mice - they're one of my favorite types of coasters! Yeah, never again.

I've had truly awful rides on Beast, Son of Beast, and Hurler (Caro) but those were in the 2000's so now they're a faded memory, thankfully! Those are *the worst* of all time in my book. Seriously, the Best was in rough shape in the early/mid 2000's.

DDCz5pwUAAEMzRS.thumb.jpg.88af336cdb63a445dd733ad460ccdea1.jpg

From KBF thread. Whyyyyyy???

img_20170414_111427.thumb.jpg.f0af0d32324b9eeb01f9c910dd4981b9.jpg

From KBF thread

I'm still amazed everyone has such a poor opinion of Goliath. I only rode once but it was in the back row and it was fine. I don't get all the hate.

Don't get me wrong, the ride is good. But my experiences with it lately have been awful.

the one ride I had on Blue Streak last year at CP was horrific.

but yeah. . still not as bad as Wildcat, HersheyPark: like driving a car with square wheels down a road full of potholes.

yeah.. never again.

Coast Rider left me swearing and pissed off because of that shin bar. Once I sat in the car I knew I was in for a world of hurt. I don't know why the car felt so claustrophobic compared to other wild mice - they're one of my favorite types of coasters! Yeah, never again.

Coast Rider's shin bars were just added last year. In 2014, a stupid kid tried to get out of his seat before his car reached the unloading platform. As he wriggled one of his legs out from under the lap bar and stepped onto the catwalk, his car began moving and his foot got caught between his car and the catwalk, chewing up his foot. Predictably, his stupid parents sued the park, and we now have uncomfortable shin guards on Coast Rider to keep that from happening again.

Stupid people are the reason why we can't have nice things.

but yeah. . still not as bad as Wildcat, HersheyPark: like driving a car with square wheels down a road full of potholes.

yeah.. never again.

I don't know, I liked both of those. Neither is close to the best in their park, but Blue Streak's better than Corkscrew at least, and Wildcat's better than Sidewinder.

T3 can go die in a fire. Especially since it has 2 neighbours in the Top 25 steel.

I think the ride is fine, but funny story, one time riding it I don't remember what happened prior to this but something (maybe g's?) caused my head to jerk down then back up (didn't hurt I was just so shocked by it) on one of the last hills before the brake run.

Possible it was worse that day for some reason, or that it just affected you differently.

oh, Bill and I agreed, Blue Streak was one, and NOT AGAIN.

(tho might try it again when I'm back at CP later this summer).

out of the coasters I rode only once during our trip there: Corkscrew, Blue Streak, and Raptor -- Blue Streak was the one I absolutely would not have gotten back on again during our stay.

^^^ What happened to us, was honestly the entire run of the ride, including the small bit up to the lift hill.

We felt it, and immediately agreed we were in (possible) trouble. Most of the trainload reacted like us.

Just one of those days, I agree.

I think the ride is fine, but funny story, one time riding it I don't remember what happened prior to this but something (maybe g's?) caused my head to jerk down then back up (didn't hurt I was just so shocked by it) on one of the last hills before the brake run.

I don't remember any of the hills. .all I remember was the shaking (so much shaking), and thinking ow, ow, ow, ow. . thank god this is short. . ow, ow, ow. .

For whatever reason Blue Streak gives a wide variety of rides. One day it can be running really well and the next it isn't. Although, the past 2 seasons I would say that about 75% of my rides on it have been pretty good.

from several reviews I've read . . . . Manhattan Express/Big Apple in Vegas ranks up there (or down there, depending on how you look at it) among the worst coasters.

Other ones I've heard as being bad (whether roughness or bad design):

Desperado (nicknamed . . . DesperaDON'T)

Vekoma SLC's (though some have praised Great Nor'Easter after the re-tracking, and ME at SFNE after the new trains were installed)

Grizzly (CGA)

Vortex (Carowinds)

Mighty Canadian Minebuster (nicknamed "Spinebuster")

Psyclone (Magic Mountain . . . still find it interesting that it was the only time B&M built trains for a woody)

Vekoma SLC's (though some have praised Great Nor'Easter after the re-tracking, and ME at SFNE after the new trains were installed)

Add Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure, and that is a complete list of all non-awful SLC's. The thing is, the layout is fantastic, so any of them that don't beat you up are actually fun.

My bottom tier includes:

Corkscrew, Wolverine Wildcat, and Zach's Zoomer at Michigan's Adventure (I'll be going there at least once this year to reride these (and ST and Thunderhawk); haven't ridden any of these in years)

Corkscrew and Blue Streak at Cedar Point

Vortex at Kings Island

Arrow loopers (which three of the six are) are not fun if you're tall

Arrow loopers (which three of the six are) are not fun if you're tall

I'm 6'2", but I've never found Arrow loopers particularly uncomfortable. I'm riding CP's Corkscrew and Vortex for the first time this summer, though, so I'm interested to see how they ride.

• 2 months later...

Twister II at Elitch is high on my list in this category. Perhaps not the worst I've ever ridden, but it's the one that immediately comes to mind. Certainly, it has more to do with upkeep (or lake thereof) than design/layout- but holy hell. I make Denver on Labor Day weekend an annual thing, so I'll give Twister II (and my spine) another crack in about a month's time.

notsbno_0.jpg

Rocky Mountain it.

Grizzly at King's Dominion. Never again, it's like riding a jackhammer. I heard so many good things about it too.

It is running slightly rougher than optimum right now. Reb ... Racer 75 is too smooth now so it evens out.

• 1 year later...