TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Rollercoaster-wise I'd say Colossus the Fire Dragon, Cannibal, Wicked, Roller Coaster and Bombora should all be done, they're all unique and great.

Then there's the 2 dark rides, Terroride and Dracula's Castle. Terroride was just re-done this year while Dracula's Castle will be re-done next year. Rattlesnake Rapids is quite good if you're not worried about getting wet. The Wild Kingdom train goes through a small zoo if you're into that kind of thing. Skyride and Skyscraper both give nice views of the park.

The hydro-luge is not a great ride, but this year is the last chance to give it a try.

The other flats are good, ride what you like. On a Sunday this time of year you might just be able to ride everything in a day.

Also, keep in mind you can take a cooler into the park with food/water/drinks/beer/whatever. There are a lot of large and small picnic terraces in the back of the park you can leave the cooler in. Everybody does this and nobody messes with the unattended coolers.

---

Just realized you probably went today, but I've already written this so I'll post it anyway. haha

I'll be heading out to the park tomorrow from Arizona, really excited as this will be my first trip to the park! Any rides that are a must while visiting?

You can bring in food and beer (If your into that)

You can't ride any train coaster in the front or last row

You can't ride Jet Star if your a single rider. If you ask, An Employee will ride with you

I'll be heading out to the park tomorrow from Arizona, really excited as this will be my first trip to the park! Any rides that are a must while visiting?

You can bring in food and beer (If your into that)

You can't ride any train coaster in the front or last row

You can't ride Jet Star if your a single rider. If you ask, An Employee will ride with you

In extremely rare situations will an attendant ride with a guest. Otherwise, they usually ask for a Single Rider or have the Single Rider in the Front Row switch with row 2 if there are 2 riders there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In extremely rare situations will an attendant ride with a guest. Otherwise, they usually ask for a Single Rider or have the Single Rider in the Front Row switch with row 2 if there are 2 riders there.

I think he was only talking about Jetstar 2 where you can't be a single rider in any row.

I remember back in the day when the employees were constantly hitching rides on the back of my Speedway and Dracula's castle cars.

I think he was only talking about Jetstar 2 where you can't be a single rider in any row.

I remember back in the day when the employees were constantly hitching rides on the back of my Speedway and Dracula's castle cars.

Yeah, I took Linearinductions advice and went straight to Jet Star 2, But I didn't have a riding buddy* so The male employee sat down and I sat in front of him.

Seriously, What is with the Single Rider policy at that park?

* I did have a buddy but their back was screwed up from a bad coaster, Can still do dark rides/Pirates/Radiator Springs Racers/ Etc.

Yeah, I took Linearinductions advice and went straight to Jet Star 2, But I didn't have a riding buddy* so The male employee sat down and I sat in front of him.

Seriously, What is with the Single Rider policy at that park?

* I did have a buddy but their back was screwed up from a bad coaster, Can still do dark rides/Pirates/Radiator Springs Racers/ Etc.

There were two deadly incidents in 1989 with single riders in the back row. There are still questions as to what exactly happened on Roller Coaster, that will never be known. Had their been another person in that row, things may have turned out differently or at least that person could act as a witness. Single Riders in Back or Front Rows has happened elsewhere as well. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I heard a rumor, from somebody who knows stuff, that Lagoon is getting new trains for Roller Coaster as early as next year. They may be a brand new model of woodie train from a manufacturer who has previously only dealt in steel coaster trains...

I'm assuming you are referring to B&M? If so, I'm not sure what to think. Psyclone's trains were terrible, but they were also built several decades ago, so I could trust B&M to design a nice comfortable new train.

But Lagoon has also never worked with B&M, and they aren't a cheap company, so maybe not...

Regardless, if this turns out true, that would be great news. As long as they do not add seat belts to the train. I love that riders can just hop in to every ride at Lagoon and dispatch immediately without any redundant belts to slow down operations.

• 3 weeks later...

The roof of Roller Coaster's station has been removed. It's believed this has been done so cranes can access the track for various changes needed for the new trains. Although I originally had heard that the new trains would be coming from ART Engineering, a lot of people seem to think they will be Millennium Flyers. I also heard at one point that the turn between the station and the lift hill has such a tight radius that it may need to be redesigned to support Millennium Flyers.

The roof of Roller Coaster's station has been removed. It's believed this has been done so cranes can access the track for various changes needed for the new trains. Although I originally had heard that the new trains would be coming from ART Engineering, a lot of people seem to think they will be Millennium Flyers. I also heard at one point that the turn between the station and the lift hill has such a tight radius that it may need to be redesigned to support Millennium Flyers.
GCII's Millennium Flyers are trailered and articulated, meaning they can make much tighter turns than the existing 3 Bench PTC Cars.

Now, if only Lagoon had been working closely, for nearly 10 years, with a train manufacturer....one that had manufactured new bogies for Wicked and Spider, and supplied trains for the steepest roller coaster in North America. Hmmm.

Now if only Lagoon could allow Single Riders on Jet Star 2 so single people don't have to ride with Male Employees to ride.

Now, if only Lagoon had been working closely, for nearly 10 years, with a train manufacturer....one that had manufactured new bogies for Wicked and Spider, and supplied trains for the steepest roller coaster in North America. Hmmm.

Now if only Lagoon could allow Single Riders on Jet Star 2 so single people don't have to ride with Male Employees to ride.

Wait, What?

I was with a riding buddy but they can't handle big rides so since they never make exceptions, A Male employee rode with me by sitting down and I was in front of him.